Vogue Italia January 2010 : Karlie Kloss by Steven Meisel

A multi-girl ed, again? Now I wonder what it looks like.
Thanks for the info, BlackLab.

There are many from twitter ed, no?

I love the cast. I wan't to see Anna's, Natasha's, Lara's, Sasha's & Iris's pages (if there are separate pages for each of them, is there? BLACKLAB can you tell?)

Oh wow that writer at myboyfriendspants.blogspot was right after all, thanks!

Karlie again? :lol: She's killing it! Although I wish Meisel started 2010 with a 1st time VI cover girl like Sigrid, Patricia, Gwen or Jac :wink: oh well, can't wait for next month :innocent:

I like the cover :smile:

But why is the January issue so late?

I don't know what the rest of the ed will involve, but as far as runway falls, I think another mag already did something similiar? I can't for the life of me remember which one though (probably a small one).

Oh I couldn't edit my post. I think maybe it was the editorial from SG L'Officiel March 09 called Balancing Act.

it is an 80 page story, only main fashion story in the issue. siri is on the vogue beauty cover inside, a candid from a fashion show.

Oh my, that does sound epic! Aminata, Patricia, Mirte, Alla, Rose, Gwen...great list of debut girls :heart:

And I love the cover....since I was so keen on seeing Patricia on the cover I had to relapse for a few seconds when I saw it was Karlie, but when I noticed she was falling on a runway I starting smiling and liked it. Of all girls in the ed, he puts Karlie falling on the runway on the cover...should I start quoting the "Best & Worst Catwalkers" thread, or does everyone else understand the irony :lol:

Oh wow that writer at myboyfriendspants.blogspot was right after all, thanks!

IKR. Who knew her info was actually credible all the while :rolleyes: But she took down her blog, I see.

She's wearing Gucci on the cover (huge advertiser :ninja: )
Karlie's a great model and she's totally convincing on the pictures, but honestly is this the best Meisel can do? It's a waste of paper.

The casting of the editorial is predictable...with the exception of 2 or 3 names

Oh, then it goes back to the old format of their January and July issues until 2007, which had only a main ed by Meisel..

The runway fall concept is rather hilarious! :lol: At first the collage format looked pretty interesting but it does feel a little tacky imo. At least better than last issue where the cover was all clustered up :doh:. I'm dying to see a preview and I hope the entire ed will be scanned soon!

its cute but not for a cover, collages shouldnt be covers!

the girls are all mixed up on the pages. most pages have several small images of different girls on them. there are very few full page pics. it is very reportage feeling, like a backstage shoot.

i don't feel like any of the girls look good. they look like just a bunch of candid shots.

oh, i have to say that the cover picture looks much more polished than the rest. the others look like real candids, but as i said, unfortunately, i do not feel like any of the girls looks good.

that is terrible. firstly i can't stand karlie, and the cover is just so.. bad, it looks so cheap. im really really disappointed.

the girls are all mixed up on the pages. most pages have several small images of different girls on them. there are very few full page pics. it is very reportage feeling, like a backstage shoot.

i don't feel like any of the girls look good. they look like just a bunch of candid shots.

Oh :( If you don't mind me asking, is it like the Vogue Nippon February 2010 top model supplement? Or worse?

If only Meisel could harness the magic of Harry Potter, he could then produce a Vogue Italia that, when each person looks at it, the cover shot shows them whatever they most wish to see.

To me the cover is really disappointing, I dislike it a lot. But I'm looking forward to see the editorial. A lot of great models, I hope the result is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cclicker9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"