Vogue Italia March 2009 : Hanne-Gaby Odiele and Kinga Rajzak by Steven Meisel

Omg thankyou SO MUCH for all these scans :kiss: :flower:
Models in the "Who are the slaves..." ed should be Kinga Rajzak, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Amanda Laine & Kasia Struss.

Meisel's is soooooo good, although sometimes the styling gets a bit repetetive, just wish Kinga would've got more pictures, she stole the show for me! :heart:

Thanks again Diciassette :flower:

Mr T.'s gonna be pissed when he sees his jewelry's missing.

The Meisel ed is interesting but the concept is better than the photography
I just wish that the realization had been better
on a side note I do not like Amanda Laine she just has no presence, Kinga should have gotten more face time instead

Nice to see Nike Dunks in VI :brows:

I don't understand the Meisel editorial. Who are those people in the glass vitrines? Are they famous?

I don't understand the Meisel editorial. Who are those people in the glass vitrines? Are they famous?

from what i've gathered from looking at the ed for like 5 mins, it's an inspection of counterculture kind of thing - the guys in the glass cages are a complete 180 from the girls on the outside, but still people, still "fashionable" for guys. so kind of like looking at sculptures of what cavemen look liked? similar yet different?

HTH, that's just my two cents though. i think it's an interesting concept.

“The Glow, The Charme”
Photo: Paolo Roversi
Model: Guinevere Van Seenus

Scanned by me.

from what i've gathered from looking at the ed for like 5 mins, it's an inspection of counterculture kind of thing - the guys in the glass cages are a complete 180 from the girls on the outside, but still people, still "fashionable" for guys. so kind of like looking at sculptures of what cavemen look liked? similar yet different?

HTH, that's just my two cents though. i think it's an interesting concept.

Your concept is interesting. I think it is meant to be ironic: the people in glass look like totally normal everyday people and the models are dressed completely over the top. Really, the models should be the ones in glass being studied, but they are not. I think it is sort of a commentary on modern day style and the fashion of the young. The models represent the constant changing rate of fashion (they are slaves to fashion), while the people in glass are the normal clothes that that seem outdated by today's radical fashions, and thus museum-like.

In the end, though, I really don't know what the message is. Alls I know is that the clothes are totally fabulous and I love the styling. It is some of the best I have seen in VI in a while!

Last edited by a moderator:
Meisel's ed is great! I love the whole concept with pictures of the "exhibits" all around and from different angle than one in the box, although all that distracts a little from models and clothes.

#309 This is very similar with her ed in September 2008 by the same photographer but it's beautiful anyway!

prada's s/s 2009 collection was very sexy but guinevere managed to make it even sexier, it's like an erotic ed without topless/pantyless shots, just effortlessly erotic. she's such a great model, and, of course, roversi's photography helps a lot.

Guinevere's edit is nice, but lately I've been noticing that VI has been doing single designer editorials, single Italian designer editorials. I counted two in the February issue (Roberto Cavalli and Gucci with Mariacarla) and now this all Miuccia edit. It's a little lazy, non?

There was also an all-Prada editorial in the August (?) issue shot by Inez and Vinoodh with Eniko Mihalik.

Guinevere's edit is nice, but lately I've been noticing that VI has been doing single designer editorials, single Italian designer editorials. I counted two in the February issue (Roberto Cavalli and Gucci with Mariacarla) and now this all Prada edit. It's a little lazy, non?

Non... because 99% of Prada is styled in magazines exactly as it appeared on the runway. If you look closely... you'll see Jacob K uses his imagination here... by draping, rolling & folding the pieces in an exquisite way... so IMO there's nothing lazy about it.

^agreed. i said guinevere and roversi were great but ended up not mentioning how good is the stylist.

Your concept is interesting. I think it is meant to be ironic: the people in glass look like totally normal everyday people and the models are dressed completely over the top. Really, the models should be the ones in glass being studied, but they are not. I think it is sort of a commentary on modern day style and the fashion of the young. The models represent the constant changing rate of fashion (they are slaves to fashion), while the people in glass are the normal clothes that that seem outdated by today's radical fashions, and thus museum-like.

In the end, though, I really don't know what the message is. Alls I know is that the clothes are totally fabulous and I love the styling. It is some of the best I have seen in VI in a while!

I agree 100% and was thinking something along the lines of this concept but then I thought "Why the hip-hop styling?".

Surely if they wanted to show how fast and progressive fashion is, they would have used a different aesthetic? Perhaps the futurism of Balenciaga and Lagerfeld?

I love the styling, but I find it confusing in relation to the concept of the shoot.

thank you Diciassette (17)!
i'm drooling over that Ato Matsumoto sneaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->