Vogue Italia March 2013 : Vanessa Axente & Gustav Swedberg by Steven Meisel

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Fashion editor: Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Models: Vanessa Axente & Gustav Swedberg
Hair: Guido
Maquillage: Pat McGrath

Marie-Amélie is a GREAT choice for this kind of theme ....
She delivered a perfect and neat shopping, with exquisite and nailed styling ...

* so the sixities are in trends ? allright...

may I say something to fashion publishers ????

you are always thinking about new ways of publishing fashion editorials. should i do videos, should i do 3D stuff, should i print on smaller/random/various type of papers, recycled? glossy? etc.
you sometimes publish "take away" posters of advertisement, when an advertiser pay you for, you also do calendars, and a very once in a very while (i mean like once in a decade, so idk if my grammar is correct there) you publish a poster taken from the editorial, or the cover.... english magazines do that often, correct .... !. ?

WELL, I do believe it is time that when you know you have an amazing picture, something I would definitely framed, and it is published on a double page - and especially when it is a ****ing portrait with those AWESOME sunglasses! - you could do a poster, on that occasion, too.
under the format/paper-type you want. recycled, glossy, 100gr, 85gr ... anything.
but it's easy, and the consumer is happy
a word from someone who has bought like 10 magazines this year, and who used to spend an average of $50-100 on magazines a month. of course, there's a reason of price, too, since most magazines cost now the price of a book.... especially since i mostly buy european and it COSTS a fortune overoceans....!!!

and GREAT issue of Vogue Italia !

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanessa's editorial is strong!MCB、GVS & Malgosia Bela are absolutely beautiful!It is exactly what I want!Thanks for sharing,Mat Cyruss

I adore, adore, adore the main editorial. It's so perfectly atuned to Spring. MAS' styling is just brilliant...I'm really loving all of her eds this season. Vanessa is just radiant throughout though, and works brilliantly with Gustav.

Love Lindbergh's editorial as well. Stellar shots of Marine, Kelly and Magdalena. Not so keen on the rest but I do believe that the two aformentioned editorials make this issue worth a purchase.

The main editorial...it's so much about the face, as much as it is about the clothes. The faces just captivate you....so beautiful...

as much as I like her, that Gustav boy totally outshines her! his face is otherworldly, striking and gorgeous:crush:

my fav ed is the one with moa aberg. Camila Akrans never disappoints and her work with moa is a winner combination. lovit:heart:

It would be a sin if Vanessa and Gustav were never featured together again. These two are a divine duo.

the main ed is so meisel-circa-2001-2003, and the courrèges-esque-space-age-inspried styling is perfect in every shot..:woot:

if anyone is interested, marie-amelie sauve adores her mother's style so much and her mom's favourite designer was courrèges. we could easily see some courrèges vibe in balenciaga during nicolas's reign.

Vanessa & Gustav make one of best model duos i've seen. The main ed is an instant classic, i'm in awe. :heart:

The main editorial is just superb! So much in love! :wub: Feels like it was from the 90s. And that Gustav model has really beautiful features. The styling of Sauve is just fantastic. I much prefer this shoot of Meisel than in W's with Stella. :D

And with all of the editorials posted, this feels like the old VI that is packed with great stuff. :wink:

Amazing main editorial. Can't say I care for the rest of the content (maybe except for Roversi's couture) but I will be buying this for sure. I'm a sucker for 60's eds and everyone involved (especially Marie-Amelie) did a fantastic job at conveying the mood of 60's playful fashion.

This proofs that a good team can overcome the lack of charisma of the leading model :D

as much as I like her, that Gustav boy totally outshines her! his face is otherworldly, striking and gorgeous:crush:

my fav ed is the one with moa aberg. Camila Akrans never disappoints and her work with moa is a winner combination. lovit:heart:

He is exceptionally beautiful, no doubt. But part of the editorial's charm is not just the undertones of gender-neutrality (different from 'androgyny' in a fashion sense from what we have come to know it) or play of feminine beauty, but also the play of duality. They really are the perfect combination for that reason. For me, he looks as good as he does because of her, and vice versa. Balance.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is exceptionally beautiful, no doubt. But part of the editorial's charm is not just the undertones of gender-neutrality (different from 'androgyny' in a fashion sense from what we have come to know it) or play of feminine beauty, but also the play of duality. They really are the perfect combination for that reason. For me, he looks as good as he does because of her, and vice versa. Balance.

Really well said :flower:

He is much more interactive than most male models. Or so it seems.

DAMN !!! This is one of their BEST issues in like 10 years !!!! lol AMAZING !!! From the cover, to the inside main editorial, to the remaining edits, really GREAT job, I'll get that one for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulmarcus33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->