Vogue Italia May 2012 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel

Reaction score

Let’s mambo. A radiant Linda Evangelista is the face of this story dancing to the rhythms of the past and glam atmospheres. In sync the make-up, with Even Better Makeup SPF 15, neutral, a foundation cream that makes the complexion uniform, endowing maximum luminosity. On the cheekbones, the light nuance of Fresh Bloom Allover Color, posy, while the gaze is emphasized by the intense and defined stroke of Quickliner for Eyes, charcoal, and by High Lengths Mascara, black. The finishing touch? The Chubby Stick, super strawberry, pink on lips. All by Clinique.

Long cotton dress with contrasting leather sash top, Tod’s. Chandelier earrings, Kenneth Jay Lane. For him: suit Giorgio Armani. Hair Oribe using Oribe Hair Care. Make-up Pat McGrath. Manicure Jin Soon Choi for Jin Soon Natural Hand & Foot Spa. Fashion editor Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele.
vogue.it

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks different, younger perhaps? Is it just me or the make-up?

im not too impressed by the cover. just dont like the background. it's probably the strangest looking cover that i have seen in a while

It would be better if she was giving that legendary smile, her expression is a bit off, but I love the overall feeling and layout. Linda and Meisel never disappoint, can't wait for the ed.

Hmm... i love the idea of a poster-ish image but it doesn`t work for a cover. too much is going on

i don't like it, don't think she is the best angle for her and don't really like the colours

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!! Need it! I couldn't believe the title of the post when I saw it! I love Linda here and the whole mambo vibe of a poster for the cover! Can't wait to see the main editorial and the video!

I like the concept, but in the end it's quite a hideous affair. The icey blue colours in the background clash too much with the warm reds of the text and the maracas. Linda's face looks weird as well and all the text placement behind the masthead is very distracting.

Bad background, bad photoshop, nice make up i dont like

I love Linda, but I don't like this cover at all.

Is it weird that I seen this coming? I was certain one of the girls from The Trinity would be on the cover this month given the patterns I've notice from Steven Meisel. It's all becoming a little too predictable now with his selection of models since that 2009 cover feature for US Vogue.

Don't really like the colour and photoshop of the background.
The gif was really funny though so I keep my hopes up high for the editorial.

I've honestly not liked a single one of this year's Vogue Italia covers so far and I really don't like this one either. :blink: I can't even pinpoint what it is, it's just not a nice cover. Maybe it's the messy layout or the overwhelming covers... or that cheesy smile of the man with the cigar in the background.

Surprising, and not in a good way. When I saw the preview yesterday, I imagined Linda in a bar settting, drinking a martini or something to that effect. But this faux poster is just not good enough for a cover. Vogue Italia has been so mediocre this year...*sigh*

Reminds me of the covers, our fellow members create here! (not in a bad way)

Why can't they just make a cover with one person, they always have to fit some unnecessary people (like this man) in their covers. That's what I don't like about VI (besides their cover concept - or the lack of one)

Last edited by a moderator:
i usually adore Meisel Linda combination but this is kind of horrible... I guess they tried to do something different but I am not sure it worked... plus it is kind of cheesy tacky...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->