Vogue Italia May 2012 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel

Linda Evangelista+Steven Meisel could be better,just a little bit disappointed

oooh i love the second gif... hopefully the editorial is going to be amazing...

well pretty much disappointed by the cover... after the horrible cover last month, this is also weird and unflattering for me

She has not aged a day has she? Love her, but it's not the best facial expression. Still, it's Linda and we should all bow down :lol:

This is all kinds of wrong, imo… from the background to the fonts to the guy behind Linda. I´ve seen better covers at the Challenge thread…
I´m so disappointed. I clicked on the thread so happy to read that Linda was on the cover :(

Oh, I'm adoring this. Linda looks marvelous and I love how the colors work tremendously well to create such an eye catching cover. Don't even get me started on how exciting I am about the theme. :D

Love that Linda is gracing the cover, but it's not working for me.

The previews of the main editorial look so good that I honestly don't care about the cover.

Bad cover

I am tired of this gold digging/plastic surgery women .. yuck!
+ Vogue Italy need a new photographer ... always the same & only Meisel favs gracing the cover it is getting utterly boring!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always a pleasure to see Linda and Steven working together, but this falls a bit flat. I like the inspiration, adn I'm looking forward to the main ed but the cover execution is a bit messy.

:( This is becoming tragic. What is happening to VI? Their covers have gone from bad to worse and I just don't think they can fix it unless they get some new blood in there. Dump Meisel. His work for other magazines is so-so but he just tries too hard at VI and it shows. This time, the end result is a disaster. Linda looks strange (photoshop? bad plastic job? bad photograph?). The colors make Wal Mart photostudio Christmas cards look sophisticated. I don't know where to begin with that text (THAT FONT?). And finally, what is going on with that male model? His head seems to be floating without a body attached to it. And then that random arm just pops out of nowhere. It's no longer funny at this point, it's sad.

Of course I would have adored to have seen Linda in the studio, with Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele at hand. But I am satisfied with this.. I've never been unsatisfied with a Linda and Steven Meisel collaboration. And for once those animated previews have me motivated.

Please, I'll take last months "Night of Nights" cover over this, she looks so fake and that guy next to her looks like they had to photoshop his face onto the cover. This is just awful :( hoping the main editorial isn't too terrible, but I'm not holding my breath, so I'll just wait to see the other editorials.

i absolutely love the preview gifs but this is one of the very few times that i completely dislike a VI cover :o
i'm gonna defend Meisel though because imo his editorials are usually great, it's the people who design the covers and pick the shots that are messing it up..
i think VI needs to hire a talented art director or graphic designer to revamp the layout of the magazine -_-

This really is a terrible cover. What is up with the text? Does VI really not have anyone that knows a thing about typographic hierarchy? You have Linda Evangelista's name crashing into Viva something that I can't even read and you have VOGUE placed on top of additional text.

They definitely need better art direction. Who thought this photo of Linda with wonky lips holding two giant matchsticks-like props would be fit for a cover? She doesn't even look like she's dancing. To think Franca actually approved this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->