Vogue Italia April 2013 : Edie Campbell by Steven Meisel

It's the first time I'm in love with the editorial work of Edie Campbell for a magazine!
Beautiful cover, so poetic and magical! :smile:

Is it just me or does this cover feels like it was from the early 00s, not the late 90s? Just my opinion.

Beautiful cover! I love the contrast with the past months´ covers, which were more luxe and elegant whereas this one has a rocker attitude that has me waiting impatiently for the accompanying editorial :smile:

First time the horizontal positioning of the image doesn't look forced! I love it, when I first saw it on insta I also thought it was a vintage cover. Glad to know it isn't! She barely looks like herself but I love the attitude of it a lot and the styling is on point
Posted via Mobile Device

All Vogue Italia Covers for 2013 are gorgeous
Super love this !!

I like the 'Fearless' font, the Dior dress and the eye make-up but I find the cover quite unattractive. I'm a big fan of Meisel's late 90's/early 00's covers but for some reason I can't get into his reinterpretations of that whole aesthetic. I haven't been wowed by a single one of the VI covers this year so far.

A little bigger:
edie-campbell-by-steven-meisel-for-vogue-italia-april-20131.png

vogue.it

At first I failed to recognize Edie, I thought Meisel must have cast a model from the 90's to come back before his lens. I'm astonished at how terrific Edie looks. She has been transformed. Pat McGrath is a genius, I love the white above the eyes, very different. This is miles better than Edie's current British Vogue appearance.

This cover is very early 2000's, but i think Edie forces her pose to look like the girls who been on the cover of than era. Looking forward to the content.

The pose and the white outfit are reminescent of a Patti Hansen Vogue Paris cover by Helmut Newton from 1980.

Wow this is beautiful. The pose, colors, hair + makeup, even the font is perfect. Meisel is really bringing it with these 90s-esque covers.

Yet another issue of VI I must have in my collection. :heart:

their "great covers" reign has come to an end :lol: the hair is horrible

wow i love this, so down for this revival. lets keep it this way please! hate the pose though.

^Okay, Regina! :lol: :shifty:

Is it just me or does this cover feels like it was from the early 00s, not the late 90s? Just my opinion.

Quite a few people have mentioned this. It's very reminiscent of that time period for many reasons. :smile:

Stop trying make Edie happen. It's not going to happen.

Mmm... too late, she's already happening. I don't get the obsession about her either since I don't think her features have iconic potential whatsoever, and physically speaking she couldn't look more plain to me, but she has everything else working for her: her face perfectly complements the styles of recent hot trends, and her name is a stars scout dream: Edie-Cambell! I bet she wouldn't be half of what she is atm without such an historic name... there couldn't be more direct references to Pop Art, Andy Warhol, and everything 60's cool summarized in just two words, and her look fits all those concepts like glove... I remember the first time I read it I instantly thought of Edie Sedgwick having a Campbell's soup! :lol:

Besides any further comments on Edie's momentum, I like the cover, it works grabbing my attention and makes me happy to be a child of the 90s :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->