Vogue Italia April 2013 : Edie Campbell by Steven Meisel

Mmm... too late, she's already happening. I don't get the obsession about her either since I don't think her features have iconic potential whatsoever, and physically speaking she couldn't look more plain to me, but she has everything else working for her: her face perfectly complements the styles of recent hot trends, and her name is a stars scout dream: Edie-Cambell! I bet she wouldn't be half of what she is atm without such an historic name... there couldn't be more direct references to Pop Art, Andy Warhol, and everything 60's cool summarized in just two words, and her look fits all those concepts like glove... I remember the first time I read it I instantly thought of Edie Sedgwick having a Campbell's soup! :lol:

Besides any further comments on Edie's momentum, I like the cover, it works grabbing my attention and makes me happy to be a child of the 90s :D

To my eyes, Edie is happening the way Agyness happened.

I am just so glad that the April issues are getting beyond Louis and Prada. Simply put you all, Edie is THE NOW in fashion. She really is a throwback to the '60s Brit Girls, and its really no wonder why she didn't book more campaigns than she did, since alot of the collections embodied '60s cool-lady chic. I am amazed at Edie's unconventional look here. I love it, and can not wait for the issue review. I LOVE Vogue Italia and Steven Meisel!!!

Can I ask where the Edie-hate comes from..? :blink: I just don´t get it at all... IMO she is also practically unrecognizable here, so the hate should not even come in the equation.

Great cover! :blush: Nice to see something that is not a 60s/70s pastiche at VI.

^ Yes, she's very "Fetch"ing on the cover!

Yeah, unfortunately there's no escaping that fact now. My only hope now is that it's a fad for the next few months and then we won't see/hear her ever again.

The cover was a good idea, but execution isn't as good because Eddie looks terrible as always.

This is very retro. The pose is nice and the layout as well but the mua and hair is horrible.

I keep imagining this cover with another model (Kravchenko or Kinga would have been amazing imo) and crying. Sorry to be an edie-hater, but let's be honest, her face is a shapeless blob and covering it in clown makeup isn't going to change that.

^Okay, Regina! :lol: :shifty:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The cover shot is absolutely fantastic, imo. Even though it doesn't work all the time, I'm glad editors have been quite bold when it comes to Edie and her covers. She's a gorgeous girl.

OK...A hater of Eddie may love her because of this cover.Awsome.

Is retro is the theme for Vogue Italia this year ?

I wasn't sure about this from the small image in the first post but seeing it larger it has grown on me. I'm very excited to see what's inside.

WHITE MISCHIEF
Edie Campbell by Steven Meisel

Photograph : Steven Meisel
Styling : Karl Templer
Make-Up : Pat McGrath
Hair : Guido

glossynewsstand

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it all. Such a great story. Simply concept made compelling with great styling, great hair and make up and great photography. Meisel is such a master at fashion photography portraits. I love it.

VOGUE ITALIA APRIL 2013
Vogue Beauty
Models: Ashleigh Good, Chiharu Okunugi, Linn Arvidsson & Stina Rapp
Ph: Sølve Sundsbø
St: Benjamin Bruno

glossynewsstand

Editorial:

A Moment In Paris
Photographer: Francesco Carrozzini
Model: Karolina Kurkova
Styling: Patti Wilson
Hair: Sebstien Richard