Vogue Italia October 2012 : Meghan Collison by Steven Meisel

^ Definitely a good point. Even if I don't quite get it per se, it grabbed my attention right away.

Straight headshot is definitely not her best angle especially if her hair's not down but I think it makes the cover an attention.

Exactly. I think this is one of the only angles at which she looks rather odd.

The concept here suits Meghan perfectly! The color palette works so well with her skin tone. Easily one of my favorite covers of the year from VI.

Reminds me of Princess Leia but Idk, I just don't understand this cover. Above and beyond?

I'm surprised to see so many people dislike it. I think it's visually stunning and it's definitely my favorite Vogue Italia cover of the year after the July one. It's dramatic and different. I'm not sure the effects are as well-done as they would have been but it doesn't really bother me here because it still works and the image is so striking. I love this :heart:

love the cover. she looks stunning!

this must be her 4th vogue italia cover?

seems like she is having the best year of her career. i thought she was done a while ago. congrats meghan!

^
Meghan is definetely one of the bigger muses of Steven, that's for sure.

She looks old .. they make her look like she has been using botox. :huh:

Not a fan of this cover...I love Meghan but this is not a good shot. She looks like an old woman whos had injectables...a little like Amanda Lepore

I'm not really keen on this cover. Meghan looks weird. But I haven't been liking Vogue Italia for some time now.

Above and beyond indeed :clap: I hope for a smashing editorial to match this image. An image I have never seen before.

Meghan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
I'm not a fan of this pictures but it just gives me hope to see her on the cover... and I'm waiting for the editorial!

this is amazingly weird. i don't really like the photo that much but it makes an amazing cover. it's new, fresh. looking forward to the ed

I don't get the idea of this one, but it looks kinds cool. The blurry something effect is the most interesting part. Glad for Meghan though. This is such a great year for her.

Hoping for a MG cast in the main editorial. :smile:

honestly, i am sick of all those alien look-alike or androgyn models.. and its most extreme with vogue italia. i know they seem to stick to that look a lot and it might be some kind of signature for them, but i prefer meisel's work with true beautys (like candice or karlie e.g.). i dont know when the fashion world is finally ready to get rid of those faces (exept superstars like lindsey wixson or daphne groeneveld, having a few really intersing faces like theirs is always good). but in this case, meghan obviously doesnt look any good. i think vogue italia sometimes forgets that it is a fashion magazine which actually has to sell clothes. and i guess just like any others the italiens prefer seeing beautiful women they can relate to and inspire them as well.

^ I'm italian and i'm actually glad that vogue italia (sometimes) takes risks and avoids using their magazine - or better, their covers - only as a means to sell some clothes, but always do - for better or worse - their own thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->