Vogue Mexico & Latin America June 2024 : Amelia Gray & Mathilda Gvarliani by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Both are terrible. The concept of lucha libre within the Mexican culture is a good idea, but the covers are awful.

I'm never going to understand why they insist on calling this Vogue Mexico and LATIN AMERICA when month after month there's nothing about/related to/focused on LA there.

I don't know where to point the blame. Imagine back in the day how many countless editorials were cancelled back in the day for far less egregious reasons. Even 10 years ago this would never have seen the light of day.

I don't know what they see in her,
but all of her Vogue covers have been
underwhelming so far.

View attachment 1272444
Vogue Japan, España, Mexico
Bcs they are trying to hard for Vogue covers. She is amazing model, very great in print. Look at her other covers. W Korea for example. In all editorials she shines. Nobody can deny that. Check her thread.😉☺️

It seems some people around here love nepotism over talent. It's sad and unsettling to witness so much conformity and willingness to accept mediocrity nowadays. It's no wonder that good content is so hard to find when so many people are so easy to please and so uncritical, eating anything up that the industry feeds them/shoves in their faces. If this is true for the majority of people, there's no way we'll ever experience extraordinary fashion again.

I checked all six pages of her works from her thread here. Aside from that one photo from Frame and her Pop cover where she's holding a phone, I can't deny that she's still nothing special. 🤣

But that's just my opinion. My favorite TFS member in terms of giving critiques (Urban Stylin) sees something in her. Maybe she has something that I have yet to see.

I checked all six pages of her works from her thread here. Aside from that one photo from Frame and her Pop cover where she's holding a phone, I can't deny that she's still nothing special. 🤣

But that's just my opinion. My favorite TFS member in terms of giving critiques (Urban Stylin) sees something in her. Maybe she has something that I have yet to see.
Fair enough!
🙃

I dont mind both covers, something amateur about them in an almost intentional/campy way. Amelia looks like Jaslene from ANTM there.

I dont mind both covers, something amateur about them in an almost intentional/campy way. Amelia looks like Jaslene from ANTM there.

Jaslene, sweetie, I'm so sorry. :lol:

But she looks like AusNTM Season 10's runner up, Sabine, in that photo.

622 2002-june-01.jpg
Vogue Italia Archive

ANTM always took ideas from Meisel eds for VI! The cover for Latin America is a fold-out, so Abby's name should be part of the title of this thread as well 😊🌼

View attachment 1272468
Vogue Italia Archive

ANTM always took ideas from Meisel eds for VI! The cover for Latin America is a fold-out, so Abby's name should be part of the title of this thread as well 😊🌼
Enough said. This aint it and Amelia aint that..

As much as I admire how much she reaaaally wants it, she really lacks charisma and isnt really that photogenic I am sorry.

she looks like she smelled sewage in every picture they take of her ^_^ that lip flip and all these surgeries, fillers and implants on her face seems like a failed attempt to be the new wannabe bella hadid :wacko: all this work done isn't gonna do the work for you hunny you need to be photogenic and know how to move in front of the lense which is difficult when your face is frozen 🤭

I'm not seeing the comparison between VI and this cover. So, what... was Meisel the only one allowed to have ideas that he also copied?

Last edited:
The hair, the ring and the crowd. I'm surprised to find I&V working a lot for VM. And most of their collabs are exclusive, not shared. Karla is quite lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it when I&V are going back to a cut and paste style. But without MM Paris involved it looks really weak.

It looks more like early 2000s VP than Meisel.

It looks more like early 2000s VP than Meisel.
Yes this one in particular

1278085-800w.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->