Vogue Paris December 2020/January 2021 : Léa Seydoux by Three Different Photographers

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Nov 26, 2020.

1. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

the first cover is ok, nothing groundbreaking at all there’s something about the way her head is placed/ tilted that annoys me. also, not in love with the red coloured masthead with the pink.

the second cover is the best one (if one can really say it) but her smile and therefore facial expression reminds me a lot of Jane Birkin, but nowadays. not Jane Birkin in the 70’s... so I’ll leave it to you guys.

the 3rd cover is terrible and I cannot understand why was it released or even photographed. it’s all sorts of bad.

Léa is such a good actress usually photographs so well... I’m sure there will be stronger pictures inside but for me it’s unfortunately another Alt’s big flop (covers wise).

slayage, annikad and rianne fans like this.
  2. Starry

Starry Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. That makes sense. I remember once seeing their June/July 1985 issue being extremely thick and an anniversary issue. So it could be a similar plan.

JPineapple and vogue28 like this.
  3. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

The comment was made in reply to an Instagram user asking where the 100th anniversary issue was - Charlotte replied writing "en Mai". Check it out for yourself on Vogue Paris' Inez & Vinoodh cover post via Instagram.

4. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Well-Known Member

More Collier Schorr if you ask me, this truckdriver butch vibe

5. Serend1pity

Serend1pity Well-Known Member

Honestly this. This is why magazines will die, if Alt doesn’t care to try she’ll continue seeing those sales fall...

6. Serend1pity

Serend1pity Well-Known Member

....welp!

7. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

cover 2 is best, just praying I won‘t receive cover 3!

slayage and avonlea002 like this.
  8. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Ordering online... three covers... meaning chances aren't good of randomly getting the only half-decent one... gone off issue already before having seen past the first page.

9. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

The second cover is the best. Hope they'll ship it here or at least the first one. The third is TK Max tomboy look catalogue at best. Look like something ' photographer' Nicolas would do :rofl:.

slayage, RedSmokeRise, WAVES and 3 others like this.
  10. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

Is she serious with the third one? No one in their right mind would put a lidl catalogue photo on a cover of Vogue.
    MAS work is just horrible nowadays. Its clear she doesn't give a f*ck anymore.

GivenchyAddict, WAVES and annikad like this.
  11. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Can't wait to see Rianne's editorial!

12. annikad

annikad Active Member

What on earth is that third cover... it physically hurts me to even look at it. Why does it always have to be such a lazy outcome when it says "chameleon": normal, glamour, 14-year old high schooler (or whatever this is)... I hate it. I'm a big fan of Lea and I'm sure she could give you three interesting and different covers all in the same white t-shirt (sure that's not very Vogue but you get my point).

I read somewhere that the Palais Galliera in Paris will stage an exhibition in honour of the Vogue Paris anniversary next year, postponed from this year. So I'm sure that will coincide with the release of the official anniversary issue.

I'm curious about the content now and I'm praying that the first cover will be available here in Berlin.

13. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Moderators please correct actors name, it’s Léa Seydonotwantitthankyouandgoodbye

14. badgalcrush

badgalcrush Active Member

My dream comes true FINALLY VP with Seydoux on the cover I'm thrilled and absolutely love the second Monroe VIBES COVER :heart::blush: ! Please Alt more french ( RELEVANT actresses and models choices please)

Can't wait to see the ed , the 1st cover is nice too but the 3rd is a big not looks like Interview Mag by Collier

#34 badgalcrush, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  15. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

I only like the McLellan's cover and might get it if it gets imported here. Their cover distribution is uneven and they only seem to export one of the covers whenever there's a multicover issue.

p.s. Re: the diversity comments in the thread: expect no racial diversity from a magazine that features one and the same model(s) all the time. Having someone new on the cover is diverse enough for Vogue Paris. People seem to be pro-diversity but are fine with Rianne appearing on the cover a few times a year. Diversity should also be about seeing new faces on the cover.

16. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Well-Known Member

3rd cover is styled by Marie Amelie Sauve... First time in a long period she is back in VP... Vogue seriously needs some diversity in terms of styling, Alt is afraid to get big names as invited stylists - Joe McKenna was in 2016 (and he was in VP long before Alt), she is working mostly with her apprentices and Junior editors whom she grows in her vivarium. Barbieri was her assistant back then, she is quite often in VP (and i love her works the most), I saw only Jacob K in March and Ibrahim Kamara in November. Seems like she doesn't want someone with high impact and strong vision to contribute to her magazine, she wants only to promote her standpoint and juniors mind-a-likes.

GivenchyAddict and Conbothsides like this.
  17. MON

MON Well-Known Member

The last cover is tragic.

18. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

What happened to my beloved McDean?! :(
    My fave is I&V´s, the most high fashion imo.

sixtdaily likes this.
  19. Starry

Starry Well-Known Member

That is the reason I find her VP boring most of the time because she only uses other stylists who share the very similar aesthetic as hers. I think Carine's VP was successful because each stylist brought different points of views in one single issue, Carine, Emmanuelle, Marie-Amelie and sometimes Joe or Karl Templer.

I am surprised to see Marie-Amelie working for VP again! But I am afraid this is just a one-time case. Considering it's Lea guest-editing this issue and there must be a huge Vuitton endorsement, which explains Marie-Amelie's involvement. I won't be surprised to read another interview of Nicolas in this issue either.

20. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

And she need a decent cover of VI. First a fold out and then that bad styling in that Theo Sion cover.

THD96 likes this.