Vogue Paris December 2020/January 2021 : Léa Seydoux by Three Different Photographers

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Well-Known Member

Same thing happens to photographers: no Sorrenti; Richardson and Testino are non-grata everywhere (and these 3 were my favs). Even Mert and Marcus left the pages of Vogue Paris. I'm not their fan, but they added a good portion of strong and recognizable visuals to this title, their covers were major and had this VP DNA.

Vogue Paris at the moment has Mikael Jansson, Alasdair Mclellan, Inez and Vinoodh, David Sims, Karim Sadli, Juergen Teller, Nathaniel Goldberg mostly due to Covid moved to covers from c'est Vogue.
    Henrik Purienne, Carlijn Jacobs as newcomers, some other b-list representatives who shot miss vogue and c'est Vogue (Robin Galiegue is really good tho, his November and September issues for me were much better than main stories).
    I care for photography, art direction and styling way more than for models, so for me this small and devoid of variety list of fashion editors and photographers really killing this magazine. I mean since 2017 even being under same Emmanuelle VP changed and not in a good way.

2. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

LMAO that third cover is an f-ing joke. Good luck trying to make sense of it for any VP apologist here.

That being said, I do like the second cover. The first one is just there.

3. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Damn it. That was who I was thinking of :rofl: Don’t know why I said Cass Bird.

4. Mercredi

Mercredi Active Member

I only like the second cover...

5. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

I like Lea, that’s why i’ll buy this, but the covers are bad. Even pretending the last one does not exist, I’m left with two of my pet hates, the Princess Di hair and the Marilyn styling. I might just have to toss a coin.

6. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

McDean and Sauve should be so embarrassed right now. My God, what possessed them to do *that*?

WAVES and GivenchyAddict like this.
  7. VogueGirl8910

VogueGirl8910 Well-Known Member

The three covers are ok, but the best is the McLellan's because Léa channels so well Marilyn Monroe & it's more striking. Surprise than McDean come back to work for VP, but his cover is the worse. Cannot to see the content & disappointed than this issue don't celebrate the 100 anniversary of the magazine.

caioherrero likes this.
  8. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

STUPID-EST covers ever, none of them works and no milestone??????' Ok bye...

9. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

The third cover pretty much sums up fashion in 2020

10. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The last cover makes me want to give up on Fashion. Between that cover and Hedi’s campaigns for Celine, you have the total « good mood sucker » pack of 2020.

I think MAS was confused. That cover screams Mastermind!
    Considering that she started working for VP long before Emmanuelle, you could believe that she would adapt her current aesthetic to the mag.
    Nevertheless, between Carine styling Marion for Elle under Chanel and MAS styling Lea under Vuitton, we are witnessing something that might become alarming soon.

The first two covers are great but tbh, there’s nothing legendary about Lea and her stepmother (Farida Khelfa) should have scored a cover of VP before her.

11. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I will trade McDean and his sh*tty atttidude for Demarchelier anytime. His work is bad, omg. They have a cover just because they are who they are but objectively it should have been put straight to the bin. The styling? No styling. MAS was not even on set as usual.

Not feeling this issue at all.

Lola701 likes this.
  12. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

None of them reflect her character or unique presence and I really believe that's the whole point of the end of year issue...I agree that her highest point was probably 5 years ago but in the end she's still a recognized french actress who keeps strong relationships with fashion brands (Miu Miu, Prada, LV nowadays).

WAVES likes this.
  13. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I love the first cover, she looks good in the second one but I find the nudity unnecessary the third wasn't necessary at all.

14. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

Wait, ghostwriter and ghost-singer I can understand. But now we got ghost stylist too. What next ghost models? :hardhead:

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  15. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Lol, it is something so usual for years: Karl Templer, Carine Roitfeld, MAS, Carlos Nazario to name a few. They are so booked for multiple jobs around the world. Their first assistant/ studio manager would do the least important gigs on their behalves. When I was first assistant, I did that. They oversaw everything through whatsapp/facetime.

Benn98, tigerrouge, thiago:) and 4 others like this.
  16. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

You’ll be surprised to know that this isn’t a recent practice...

17. SLFC

SLFC Well-Known Member

I love it. I can;t believe she has never had a VP cover, but to respond to the earlier posts. I think Alt should have given Rianne another cover.

franceslions likes this.
  18. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

omg really? I have no idea...so they left everything ready just for the assistant to put the clothes?

so VP cover is not important to MAS ? Hahha

19. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

i have never heard about it, so im surprised, they should stop this practice....

maybe that’s why we see the results that we see, all the other part of the team could change this in their way.....

i would prefer to do less but better and make sure that the results is 100% what i wanted. Work from whattsapp or Facetime is the worst.

20. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

I prefer the Inez and Vinoodh cover...im so tired of that Marilyn concept...and the third should never be printed. McDean and MAS do better than that, horrible cover.