Vogue Paris December 2020/January 2021 : Léa Seydoux by Three Different Photographers

That is the reason I find her VP boring most of the time because she only uses other stylists who share the very similar aesthetic as hers. I think Carine's VP was successful because each stylist brought different points of views in one single issue, Carine, Emmanuelle, Marie-Amelie and sometimes Joe or Karl Templer.

I am surprised to see Marie-Amelie working for VP again! But I am afraid this is just a one-time case. Considering it's Lea guest-editing this issue and there must be a huge Vuitton endorsement, which explains Marie-Amelie's involvement. I won't be surprised to read another interview of Nicolas in this issue either.

Same thing happens to photographers: no Sorrenti; Richardson and Testino are non-grata everywhere (and these 3 were my favs). Even Mert and Marcus left the pages of Vogue Paris. I'm not their fan, but they added a good portion of strong and recognizable visuals to this title, their covers were major and had this VP DNA.

Vogue Paris at the moment has Mikael Jansson, Alasdair Mclellan, Inez and Vinoodh, David Sims, Karim Sadli, Juergen Teller, Nathaniel Goldberg mostly due to Covid moved to covers from c'est Vogue.
Henrik Purienne, Carlijn Jacobs as newcomers, some other b-list representatives who shot miss vogue and c'est Vogue (Robin Galiegue is really good tho, his November and September issues for me were much better than main stories).
I care for photography, art direction and styling way more than for models, so for me this small and devoid of variety list of fashion editors and photographers really killing this magazine. I mean since 2017 even being under same Emmanuelle VP changed and not in a good way.

I like Lea, that’s why i’ll buy this, but the covers are bad. Even pretending the last one does not exist, I’m left with two of my pet hates, the Princess Di hair and the Marilyn styling. I might just have to toss a coin.

The three covers are ok, but the best is the McLellan's because Léa channels so well Marilyn Monroe & it's more striking. Surprise than McDean come back to work for VP, but his cover is the worse. Cannot to see the content & disappointed than this issue don't celebrate the 100 anniversary of the magazine.

STUPID-EST covers ever, none of them works and no milestone??????' Ok bye...

The last cover makes me want to give up on Fashion. Between that cover and Hedi’s campaigns for Celine, you have the total « good mood sucker » pack of 2020.

I think MAS was confused. That cover screams Mastermind!
Considering that she started working for VP long before Emmanuelle, you could believe that she would adapt her current aesthetic to the mag.
Nevertheless, between Carine styling Marion for Elle under Chanel and MAS styling Lea under Vuitton, we are witnessing something that might become alarming soon.

The first two covers are great but tbh, there’s nothing legendary about Lea and her stepmother (Farida Khelfa) should have scored a cover of VP before her.

I will trade McDean and his sh*tty atttidude for Demarchelier anytime. His work is bad, omg. They have a cover just because they are who they are but objectively it should have been put straight to the bin. The styling? No styling. MAS was not even on set as usual.

Not feeling this issue at all.

None of them reflect her character or unique presence and I really believe that's the whole point of the end of year issue...I agree that her highest point was probably 5 years ago but in the end she's still a recognized french actress who keeps strong relationships with fashion brands (Miu Miu, Prada, LV nowadays).

I love the first cover, she looks good in the second one but I find the nudity unnecessary the third wasn't necessary at all.

Lol, it is something so usual for years: Karl Templer, Carine Roitfeld, MAS, Carlos Nazario to name a few. They are so booked for multiple jobs around the world. Their first assistant/ studio manager would do the least important gigs on their behalves. When I was first assistant, I did that. They oversaw everything through whatsapp/facetime.

Wait, ghostwriter and ghost-singer I can understand. But now we got ghost stylist too. What next ghost models? :hardhead:

You’ll be surprised to know that this isn’t a recent practice...

I love it. I can;t believe she has never had a VP cover, but to respond to the earlier posts. I think Alt should have given Rianne another cover.

Lol, it is something so usual for years: Karl Templer, Carine Roitfeld, MAS, Carlos Nazario to name a few. They are so booked for multiple jobs around the world. Their first assistant/ studio manager would do the least important gigs on their behalves. When I was first assistant, I did that. They oversaw everything through whatsapp/facetime.

omg really? I have no idea...so they left everything ready just for the assistant to put the clothes?

so VP cover is not important to MAS ? Hahha

You’ll be surprised to know that this isn’t a recent practice...

i have never heard about it, so im surprised, they should stop this practice....

maybe that’s why we see the results that we see, all the other part of the team could change this in their way.....

i would prefer to do less but better and make sure that the results is 100% what i wanted. Work from whattsapp or Facetime is the worst.

I prefer the Inez and Vinoodh cover...im so tired of that Marilyn concept...and the third should never be printed. McDean and MAS do better than that, horrible cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->