Vogue Paris December 2020/January 2021 : Léa Seydoux by Three Different Photographers

Huh... so we're not celebrating the anniversary this year? It baffles me that they just decided to skip such a milestone - pandemic or no pandemic.

That being said, I quite like this cover! Léa was long overdue for a guest edited issue of Vogue Paris and I must say she looks great here. Excited to see more - I wonder if I&V shot all 3 covers?

its not Rianne - i'm already in!
I normally don't like Lea, but she is issue-worthy person for France and for worldwide scene. So i don't mind, hope the contents will be good and without Rianne.
By the way, i see Vogue Paris stopped working with Mario Sorrenti, last issue was September 2017 if im not wrong, which is bad, i miss Mario.

I like this! The layout works.

All of Alt's covers have been on brand. Kudos to Alt!

I love VP. I love Emmanuelle. I’ve actually just subscribed to it for a year....

But the true stupidness of ‘pandering’ to something like #BLM by shoving a black model on the cover once and then reverting back to Ginger/Blonde white women forever is a bit much. Especially when their global counterparts are being dragged though the mud because of it. I hope to see a LITTLE more diversity in 2021 (and a little less Rianne)

Thanks God is not Rianne. That being said I'm not really warm with this cover because she look like she annoyed by something. Hope the other 2 are better.
Off all the LV ambassadors she is the one that fit the brand the most.

I love VP. I love Emmanuelle. I’ve actually just subscribed to it for a year....

But the true stupidness of ‘pandering’ to something like #BLM by shoving a black model on the cover once and then reverting back to Ginger/Blonde white women forever is a bit much. Especially when their global counterparts are being dragged though the mud because of it. I hope to see a LITTLE more diversity in 2021 (and a little less Rianne)

Are we really surprised tho? That fact that she give Rianne 9 covers in 3 years and not a single cover for Imaan is already telling me her "diversity" is performative at best. The fact Imaan only need a VP cover to complete her Big Four is already make me mad consider how much Alt use her in the editorials. Cardi voice " what was the reason, what was the reason". And don't use that tired excuse "women of color don't sell" because Erika Linder is the worse cover star and she gave her 2 covers.

this is what I said when Malika appeared on the September cover. I love VP but that “let’s embrace diversity” just feels fake.

I like the McLellan shot, stunning! It doesn't look anything like Alt's VP so maybe it was chosen by Lea.
Strange that it took this long to get Lea a VP cover despite the fact that she already featured on UK Vogue some time back. I'd even say that she's not as 'popular' as she was back then.

Cover #3 of 3 by Craig McDean:

The more they push Lea on all these covers, and ads, the less I have interest. Nothing here would make me pick up a copy, a first this year for VP. The second cover is such a joke (won't even critique the Justin Bieber nonsense one)! Can we leave Monroe to rest in peace already? So tired of the same concepts turning up for decades now!

What a let down this is, also no mention of anniversary? Huh?

Yikes, McDean's cover is dire. Léa channeling Marilyn Monroe by Alasdair McLellan is the most joyous and I&V's is the most dramatic, and perhaps my favourite overall. About time Seydoux scored the cover of Vogue Paris actually, despite the lack of anniversary celebrations.

According to Charlotte Selignan on Instagram (head of production at Vogue Paris), the anniversary issue should drop in May 2021!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->