Vogue Paris December 2020/January 2021 : Léa Seydoux by Three Different Photographers

I'm so tired of the Cass /Collier this isn't photography, we aren't trying, it's just authentic, raw, art etc. the same styling and mood over and over no dreaming, no imagination. I love Lea and think this is very well deserved, the other covers are nice-- can't wait to see Alastair's story

That first cover is like an outtake from an old 80's video. (best)
The second cover is a forgettable Monroe cliché'.
The third cover is so hilariously bad, I almost like it.
La tragédie!

The "legendary Lea Seydoux"....Lol
Does anyone in France actually believe that? Because no one anywhere else does.
All three covers SUCK. They should have stopped with the first one.
So tired of the go too (and lazy) Monroe homage.
The butch lesbo one is just strange. I can't imagine anyone seeing that on a newsstand, and rushing to purchase it.
1f3ac.svg

All three covers SUCK. They should have stopped with the first one.
So tired of the go too (and lazy) Monroe homage.
The butch lesbo one is just strange. I can't imagine anyone seeing that on a newsstand, and rushing to purchase it.
1f3ac.svg
I was like... « legendary where »?
She ain’t Isabelle Huppert so I don’t see the legendary status...

I was like... « legendary where »?
She ain’t Isabelle Huppert so I don’t see the legendary status...

Ah yes, Isabelle. Or Juliette Binoche. Both are legendary actresses who are still celebrated by cinema even in this day and age. Couldn’t help but wonder why they aren’t championed by Alt? Is it because they’re not...young? Oh well, of course.~

short review

- The 4th main editorial is with Rebecca Longendyke (so happy no Rianne this time)
- Miss vogue is with Lola Nikon
- Jewelry story looks so pedestrian as in vogue Spain or Portugal, you can’t even tell it vogue Paris
- 3 cover stories (Marilyn is the most boring, i&v is repeating throughout the pages and lack of diversity in poses it’s mostly portraits, loads of them and McDean is just took straight from mastermind magazine with different layout)
- Lea personal archive photos (lots of and not bad)

20 photos from Inez and Vinoodh editorial, where they should left only one - with the back and Robert Mapplethorpe / Lisa Lyon reference, the rest looks like a young actress seeking for job portfolio showcasing her huge ability to show emotions... meh

Lea Seydoux by Craig McDean, styled by Marie-Amelie Sauve

IMG_2848.jpg IMG_2849.jpg IMG_2850.jpg IMG_2851.jpg IMG_2852.jpg IMG_2853.jpg IMG_2854.jpg IMG_2855.jpg IMG_2856.jpg IMG_2857.jpg
Vogue Paris

Leah looks looks like Elliot Page on the Mcdean/MAS editorial.i know we are in times where reshoot maybe it’s not an option but 12 pages????

There is a problem of editing a well...looks more an attemp to showcase her as “versatile” actress/model but in the end it fall short.

The editorial of Rebecca it’s ok...very long too.

anyone know why all magazines focus on jewerly on november/december issues? It’s obly because of xmas?

1f3ac.svg
A journalist asked Bacall, "And now you've worked alongside another screen legend, Nicole Kidman ..." only to be interrupted by that voice which critic James Agee once likened to a trombone: "She's not a legend. She's a beginner ... She can't be a legend. You have to be older."Sep 11, 2004

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->