Vogue Paris April 2018 : Alma Jodorowsky by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

The 'Sleeping Beauties' editorial is the first fresh thing I've seen Emmanuelle produce...well in a fair while. It reminds me of when Inez & Vinoodh used to do very, very pretty but original stories during the Noughties.

Anja's editorial by Lachlan is so beautiful though; less Mikael Jansson-y than the preview suggested, more of an Akrans homage to Herb Ritts. Truly lovely :heart:.

The lady D and Couture editorials are great! Love seeing something rather new in this magazine.

The Enfants feature make me crindge...

I find it lovely, those Gucci boots are so cute!

Anja's editorial is seriously stunning, each and every shot is so powerful and well thought out. It's very expensive looking without looking too precious.

Lady Di's edit is nice, the model is that Vogue Spain one had a bigger resemblance but this one has the better styling. Sleeping Beauties is quite nice too but I cannot shake off the feeling that Bill Cosby is lurking around those poor models.

SO LACKLUSTER, don't get how anyone can call this a great issue. Damn, fashion magazines are the worst.

While I was excited about the cast and Anja's ed, gotta say I only really like La Delicatesse.
Edita and Andreea's eds do nothing for me. The ohers are forgettable too.

Finally got a copy, and I must say.. it looks stunning in real life. Very French (if that makes sense). I absolutely can't stop staring at it

Not creeped out but more puzzled by the timing of this editorial.
though the enfants supplement feels a bit creepy to me :lol:

With the shuttering of VOGUE Bambini last year this Enfant editorial feels completely anti-climactic and a non-committal afterthought. I would've been delighted to see this say 10 years ago when this kind of editorial in the pages of VP would've been unexpected yet so VOGUE Paris.

Before magazines became the b*tches of, and weren't pathetically groveling at the mercy of online media outlets. Strange state of affairs when the pressures of social media has reduced print media into reactionary, reflective secondary sources rather than acting as authoritative industry taste-makers and prediction proclaimers.

Harper's Bazaar c 1998. Thank you Melanie Ward.

ellastica scan

Still my favorite children's cover/editorial. I mean I've yet to see an adult modeled Patti Smith interpretation which captured her essence so eerily.
SDNEQzj.jpg

closeupmilano.it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->