Vogue Paris August 2015 : Anna Ewers by Inez & Vinoodh

I take back what I said, everything looks so refreshing here, especially Géraldine's Miss Vogue feature. And that shot of Anna in Margiela, with the shadows is certainly one of the most memorable images I've seen in this magazine.

In my own honest opinion, this is by far, the best issue of VP in a long time since Alt took over. Everything just looks great, refreshing and has this classic element that it imbibes. It's like you're flipping an issue from early '00s.

Sauvage Innocence by I&V is my favorite among all the editorials. The photography is dope especially the outdoor shots.

The best issue of Vogue Paris under Emmanuelle so far!
I feel like this time, everybody pushed themselves. Anna is such a star! I can only see her in Sauvage Innocence.
The M&M ed is so...not them. But it's good.
The Sorrenti one is so diverse in terms of techniques used. I like it!

Overall, i get a sense of reality in the styling.
It got me excited for the september issue. I think it will feature the "collections ed".

BRAVO EMMANUELLE! ENFIN!

Overall not impressed with this issue, but Sauvage Innocence is fantastic! A true standout there is Mica, she is so good in print, even someone as good as Anna feels secondary to me!

Overall not impressed with this issue, but Sauvage Innocence is fantastic! A true standout there is Mica, she is so good in print, even someone as good as Anna feels secondary to me!

i agree- mica is definitely the standout

I am loving everything so far! The three main editorials are edgy and its something really different. Thanks Oxymore!

Also I'm starting to really think that the cover was an outtake of the May editorial. But that editorial was for spring couture and this is fall? Because that il over image has 0 relation to the editorial. Although maybe the initial cover shoot wasn't that good. Maybe this was the original cover shot for May that's why Liya's cover didn't look like the ed? Then it got pushed back now that they didn't like the cover shot for Aug, they used the rejected May? Only one can assume.

I'm not sure, May's editorial wasn't styled by Suzanne. I think there was a reshoot indeed for this month editorial.

I'm not sure, May's editorial wasn't styled by Suzanne. I think there was a reshoot indeed for this month editorial.

If there was indeed a reshoot, how come Emmanuelle didn't style it herself? Maybe she was in Turkey?

Just looks like an issue of Self Service/System/*insert name of another other obscure French fashion magazine* with higher production values. Nothing original here.

If there was indeed a reshoot, how come Emmanuelle didn't style it herself? Maybe she was in Turkey?

It's interesting that when I look at my May cover, all I can see is Mica. The hair, the pose etc. Like it shouldve been her shot, but for some reason Liya ended up getting the cover. Now I see her in this ed and I'm almost convinced that perhaps she was indeed slated to cover that issue.

Anna Ewers, Julia Van Os & Mica Arganaraz
by Inez & Vinoodh

Cover & Editorial Without Text
in HQ

Part I

photocouture-show.com

Anna Ewers, Julia Van Os & Mica Arganaraz
by Inez & Vinoodh

Cover & Editorial Without Text
in HQ

Part II

photocouture-show.com

I do not like this issue at all, it's really awful.
From Vogue Paris I want glamour, sex and more womanly models.
This kind of content would be much more suited for some other magazine, not VP.
It's really disappointing, I thought the main editorial would be more like the cover, but in fact they are different themed.
But I do feel like most magazines stopped trying some time ago so I can't say I'm surprised.

Model: Crista Cober
Photographer: David Bellemere
Stylist: Célia Azoulay
Hair: Maxime Macé
Make-up: Christelle Cocquet
Nails: Charlène Coquard

HQs without text

photocouture-show.com

Model: Julia Bergshoeff
Photographer: Gregory Saglio
Stylist: Célia Azoulay
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make-up: Christelle Cocquet
Nails: Branda Abrial

HQs without text

photocouture-show.com

Models: Eddie Campbell, Julia Bergshoeff & Lexi Boling
Photographers: Mert & Marcus
Stylist: Suzanne Koller
Hair: Malcom Edwards
Make-up: Lisa Eldridge
Nails: Pauline Bloom

HQs without text

photocouture-show.com

Models: Vanessa Moody, Julia Bergshoeff & Frederikke Sofie
Photographers: Mario Sorrenti
Stylist: Jane How
Hair: Recine
Make-up: Aaron de Mey
Nails: Alicia Torello

HQs without text

photocouture-show.com

It's like you're flipping an issue from early '00s.

That's actually the problem I have with it. Been there, bought the magazines at the time, and I soon tired of the wall-to-wall slacker look even back then, when it was fresh for everyone to do.

When it comes to the authenticity of this sort of nostalgia, fashion thinks it's going back to vinyl but the result is more like a broken record.

I'm dumbfounded (and amazed I'm admitting it) as to just how lame, lackluster and depressing this ENTIRE issue appears to be. There's literally zero signs of glamour or vibrancy and I'm starting to dislike the new Vogue Paris Alt and Koller continue to roll out, issue after issue. All of these editorials look exactly the same to me and are incredibly pretentious and flat - far too Self Service-like for my tastes. What's with the overuse of trainers in each edit? Mert & Marcus' story looks like something Katie Grand would reject for Love. Not to mention the dull and bland selection of models (besides Anna Ewers) in each story. Overall, a very surprisingly disappointing issue for me.

Thank you, nonetheless, to Oxymore and miguelalmeida for the fabulous HQ's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->