Vogue Paris November 2017 : Rianne van Rompaey by Inez & Vinoodh

russianelf

Reaction score

Styled by Aleksandra Woroniecka, makeup by Val Garland, hair by Malcolm Edwards, nails by Sabrina Vitturi. Dress Celine, earrings Aurelie Bidermann

We have a winner! Definitely the worst cover of 2017! It's so bad, it hurts.

i love rianne, but poor girl deserved SO much better than this mess!

Oh for criyng out loud....what a complete eye sore! Yuck! I would expect this from Testino, but I&V!!

Indeed scary, reminds me of those evil clowns. Also very fake background merging with Rianne. I'm sorry for her. It catches your eye but not in a good way.

The only thing I can appreciate about this is how it doesn't conform to the cliche representation of Venice. It's such a garish cover though.

I love it!! Honestly. It's something different and fresh, give me this over an old, boring studio shot any day. Well done VP.

I gasped when I read the title. I was excited to see Rianne van Rompaey! But when I opened the thread, I quickly lost my enthusiasm. What is this? Wrong pose, wrong make up, wrong frame, fake background, that dizzy pink font...

Vogue Paris is again back to the 70'-80', again, again, again...

i do not understand why people are criticising the background as "fake", actually that type of movie set artificial quality, with the colours pushed to the maximum, is one of the beauties of photographing in Italy in sunny days. Just add flash or any sort of illumination and that person's skin colour will defuse light in a way that the photograph will look more like a beautiful collage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was really excited to see this cover after reading the title because I was expecting similar to this editorial of Rianne for Vogue Paris by I&V

(From fashioneditorials)
But I don't like this cover, the make-up is too heavy, she almost looks like a scary clown, the pose is uncomfortable to look at on a cover and the text is so bad for me.
I would have used a different font for the line Mode a Venise and I would have placed it down, not near the Vogue Logo because those two big texts look bad together.. And I don't understand why they made the logo red. I'm sorry but this one of the ugliest covers I have ever seen.

So sorry for Rianne, her first Vogue Paris cover and she deserves much better than this

I love Rianne and M'm happy for her, but this is terrible. So, so bad.
I hope the ed is better than this...

i love rianne, but poor girl deserved SO much better than this mess!

Alt literally had to wait for her hype to pass before giving her a cover. AND it's atrocious in every way possible. I mean, why bother??

So excited for you to see the whole issue with all our #VENICE stories in it!! Kisses iv

From I&V's instagram.

So Venice Issue, and all editorials by Inez & Vinoodh. Anna Ewers, Natasha Poly, Anja Rubik (?) also shot with them in Venice back in July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->