Vogue Paris October 2009 : Kate Moss by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

So far this issue is a total waste of paper.
But I want to see Kate's editorial... and Constance? Jablonski?
Edit: Oh. Kate's edit is disappointing as well. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the cover except for the missing G. I wonder why European magazines do this? Just place the damn G behind her head!!!

i have no idea why the images are so small, sorry, here is the Kristen ed:

2cwsrbk.jpg

haha, the missing G, it looks as if Kate ate the G, cause she was very hungry:wink:)lol

Constance I think has 2 short editorials, the second one is a bauty and she looks stunning!

oh my god. this looks like a terrific issue! best VP in ages (so far) :woot::lol::heart:

looks boring to me, nothing exciting. Vogue Paris has been mediocre these past few months.

Well this issue kind of sucks...... i was only excited until i saw who was on the cover. I'm officially tired of kate moss!

^Is that jealousy? I for one am really proud of Diane and she doesn't look bad either, she's humble and not the fame-wh*re so I can't think of many issues someone could have with her.

Yeah. I am jealous of everybody, celebrities in particular, whom I don't particularly care for. I suppose by that logic everybody who is on the verge of hating Kate Moss in this post is jealous of her too. :rolleyes:

No, I just don't find her particularly interesting or talented. Sorry, but it's more to do with boredom than jealousy.

Diane will always remain a model to me...i guess nobody knows about her amazing modeling career...she had French vogue covers and editorials and tons of other stuff! She deserves to be in French vogue again:wink: And the editorial is quite nice!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am having heart palpitations :woot:!!!! I have been waiting for this issue ever since I saw the contents of the September issue! Today is SUCH a good day!!!!

Kate's cover is absolutely STUNNNNNNNING, even it is a bit reminiscent of her May 2004 cover. One can NEVER go wrong with fur though, especially Mongolian lamb. That coat is absolutely BREATH-TAKING! I think it is Ralph Lauren, non? The second I saw the photo of it from the runway I was in love. I only wish I had one for myself :lol:!

As for the rest of the issue, it looks like typical VP to me, which is not at ALL a putdown! Lara's edit is SALIVATORY!!! I love how the styling is completely different in every shot, and there are a TON of shots, to my sheer ecstaticness. The variety really showcases Lara's versatility as a model. Also, I adore Anna Selezneva's spread, especially the shot of her imitating smoking using the lipstick as a cigarette. Carine won't be stopped: If she can't show cigarettes in her magazine, she can still allude to smoking with other props :lol:!

The rest of the editorials are all appealing, though textbook VP. Kate's is great, even if the styling is typical. I like Kristen's too, even if I am a bit surprised that Carine put her in the magazine after EVERY OTHER major fashion magazine has covered her. Still, this is a Nineties top model issue, and Kristen deserves to be there. It is also quite nice to see that Yasmin le Bon is featured. She has such a captivating face. This edit must be a VP exclusive because I haven't seen her in anything in ages, except for a U.S. Vogue story about Gena Nash Taylor's home. I can't wait to see Eva and Claudia's edits. Both of them are so ubiquitous nowadays (at fashion parties, not in magazines :lol:), that it seems as if they are sort of battling Kate for the crown. And they are both hott as hell, so I am always glad to see them in VP. Their March cowgirl edit was so trashy, raunchy, and hilarious. Trailer trash stripper couture at its best!

The only qualms I have with this issue is something that someone already mentioned: Where the **** are Naomi, Nadja, Cindy, Christy, Linda, and even Helena!?!?! A Nineties model issue should not even be CONTEMPLATED without their names being in the mix! I am most upset that Naomi and Nadja are absent! I think they both could have brought LOADS of personality and sex appeal to this issue, two things that seem to be MIA so far. Hopefully Claudia and Eva's edit make up for what's lacking.

well, we can not put all the models in 1 issue unless we give them only 1 page or shoot them all together, maybe the next issue will give us more surprises:wink:)
here is the Eva ed, snapped by me:

qnmrk8.jpg

and here is the beauty ed with Constance, snapped by me:

1549eg3.jpg

I think i have been seeing Yasmin a lot for the last few months, first I-D cover and ed, and little appearences here and there...and a campaign for Wallis now, she is pretty active! and the new cover from UK!!!

Eva's edit is simple and elegant, but it is also lackluster. I like the pared-down styling, but mixed with the bare, minimal photography and nonchalant posing, everything just fades together into boringness. Unfortunately, this is my least favorite editorial of the whole issue. I like Claudia's edit, even if it isn't anything spectacular. The scenery is lovely and the styling is nice, though it is standard VP. I think the real reason I like the edit is because the shots just scream autumn to me, and I LOVE autumn!

Lavieenrose, I remember seeing her in a past issue of U.S. Vogue in a feature about Gela Nash Taylor's home. She was sort of a set decoration though :lol:!

And Constance looks like Lily Donaldson's twin in the third shot of the beauty edit :lol:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->