Vogue Paris October 2017 : Cara Delevingne by David Sims

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

VOGUE.FR

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like it. I think the styling is awful, they've not gad good art direction in years, and I don't get the masthead effect. There's nothing particularly 'fashion' about this shot overall, in fact it's terribly contrived. Wonder who shot this.

So this was most likely the 'model turned actress' who was supposed to cover September? Just as well Alt moved it. I must say I'm very surprised that she got VP at this stage when her career as model just about passed its peak. And she's not that special of an actress anyway. So why now? Was it a way to court Chanel, perhaps?

I think indeed she only got this because of Chanel, there isn't anything else noteworthy about Cara. Not a good cover, it's not distinctive in any way, she looks washed-out. But where is Chanel? Is the hat maybe by Maison Michel?

Could it also be because she was the female lead in one the biggest French film productions ever? Valerian may have bombed in the States and elsewhere, but it was pretty successful in France.

She has great ties and powerful friends in the industry, just like Gisele, that's why it's not always about projects or relevancy, plus she's extremely popular on social media, that's all there is to it. VP is prestigious but nowhere near as wide reaching as American Vogue, so selecting a cover star is much more casual. I actually like it, but I do agree the art direction is stale.

She has great ties and powerful friends in the industry, just like Gisele, that's why it's not always about projects or relevancy, plus she's extremely popular on social media, that's all there is to it. VP is prestigious but nowhere near as wide reaching as American Vogue, so selecting a cover star is much more casual. I actually like it, but I do agree the art direction is stale.

Excellent argument + I know that Valerian did amazing in many countries.

I like it, she looks good, the layout is appealing to me and the pose and lighting works. It´s not an iconic cover at all but Vogue Paris has done soooooo many bad covers in the recent years that when one like this happens then you ``have to´´ like it lol.

I think she deserves it if we consider the sort of people that get Vogue covers nowadays...I find her more interesting than Hadids, Jenners, etc.
She looks beautiful on the cover. Having said that it just simply doesn't work. I think the styling is totally wrong... She doesn't have one of these faces that oozes vintage glamour...

I must say I'm very surprised that she got VP at this stage when her career as model just about passed its peak. And she's not that special of an actress anyway.

You're absolutely right, but I also agree with the person saying she deserves it more than Kendall, Gigi and Bella who already have had VP covers.

I must admit, I do like the cover! This is already David's third cover this year if i'm not mistaken.

I'm happy for her... and her face looks lovely on the cover...

Crazy that Cara got a cover before Raquel Zimmermann... And just when her fame is sort of fading? She's not as hot as she used to be.

I can't stand Cara, but this is a nice cover. The best one this year actually.

Funny how she ran back to modelling after her movie flopped though.. :alien:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just no. And the tattoo is ridiculous, everything looks super pedrestrian, that's not styling that's just putting on a custome. Super bad.

And I did not even knew this "Valerian" thing existed, it cannot be that mainstream. At least I've heard about all her other flops.

Room Service
Photographer: David Sims
Styling: Emmanuelle Alt

Vogue Paris October 2017 Digital Edition

À Plein Volume
Photographer: Christian MacDonald
Styling: Géraldine Saglio

La Mode Aux Trousses
Photographer: Charlotte Wales
Stylist: Charlotte Collet

Venice Beach
Photographer: Glen Luchford
Stylist: ALEKSANDRA WORONIECKA

Vogue Paris October 2017 Digital Edition; ads here.

Cowboy Dreams
Photographer: David Sims
Styling: Emmanuelle Alt

Vogue Paris October 2017 Digital Edition (ads)

Envolée de Carats
Photographer: Lachlan Baily
Stylist: GÉRALDINE SAGLIO

Diorama
Photographer: Lachlan Baily
Stylist: GÉRALDINE SAGLIO

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members