Vogue Paris October 2017 : Cara Delevingne by David Sims

I dont´t like ANY of the editorials, they look SO DATED and old in a bad way, the photography, the models chosen, the styling WRONG !!!

Honestly, this is just the same thing over and over and i know that Emmanuelle is stucked in the 80s.

I know from some friends of mine working at VP that some of the editors are tired of that. That's why Suzanne left for M le Monde but also that Brune de Margerie ( used to be the jewellery and accessories director ) left for Elle magazine. The sales are not that good but they are not that bad neither.

Emmanuelle is just too overwhelming. Her team can not express their vision and have to follow absolutely the 80s. She hired Alexandra but she has like absolutely no editorials in every issue and what she does now it is really really far away of what she delivered at M le Monde.

But we will have to endure it for a bit as she is really close to Xavier Romatet ( president of condé nast france ).

I do like the fact that VP stands for such a specific vision of what high fashion should be, I dislike the fact that it's become much more limited over the last few years and it just keeps on shrinking. Alt is so afraid to play with new things and that's why this magazine is feeling more stale by the minute.

Hate Cara on the cover I've never found her pretty and her acting is so mediocre, Charlotte would have been a better cover star. All the edits in this issue are forgettable. What's the point of hiring new photographers if they're just going to copy the work of the ones already there? Christian MacDonald doing his best Sims impersonation.

Wow, the casting in this issue is amazing! Julia B, Luna, Birgit, Cara T, Kris, Othilia :heart: wonder when any of these girls will get a cover.

The editorials are so/so. Luchford's and Sims' with Birgit are my favourites.

zzzzzzz.... so boring and that yellowish filter is a moodkiller

Boring edits, awful styling. Birgit Kos the only thing worth noticing.

If Cara gets VI, she will join to the Big 4 Club!

This is not a bad issue. At this point i don't expect something creatively groundbreaking from Emmanuelle. I enjoy the eds in this issue, especially Luna's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->