Vogue Paris October 2020 : Rianne van Rompaey by Carlijn Jacobs

I love this cover! It’s cheesy, it’s fun, unpretentious...
Ski is something that is always done well in VP.
I’m a bit confused by it being a subject of à October issue and I wonder what the ed will look like because a studio shoot of what is supposed to be done outdoor can be challenging.

How many covers of VP Rianne had already? I feel like she is always in the magazine....Whether it’s a cover or not!

I made a quick count, she's appeared in 20 editorials and 5 covers since 2014.

Emmanuelle is The Editor of the Year! Even in the pandemic she managed to produce solid covers. I especially love this one. Just wow!
You know what, your comment makes me think actually if she is the Editor of the Year for the good reasons...

Us, people who loves fashion and who are here on TFS enjoy her Vogue because it’s a breath of fresh air in a very heavy climate. We sometimes complain about how over-political fashion has become...And when I say political, it’s in a very literal sense. The industry has a lot of discussions on what they should do instead of just do it. And it’s everywhere from sustainability, feminism, diversity, equality and there’s a huge hypocrisy and sometimes a feeling of a bubble talking to a bubble in a world...

But, I wonder if in retrospective, that position of Alt would not be seen as dismissive. Magazines and Fashion should reflect our time and I think in 5 years for example, VP would look weird when talking about the year 2020. There are a lot of things happening and yet the magazine looks like the year before. Ok, they have a black woman in their team now, Sylvia Jorif but I feel like it’s a pity that someone as talented as Emmanuelle did not captured the zeitgeist and put it on the pages of her magazine.

I admire the way she maintained her standard. Even the stories shot by the models looked like it was her who styled them but I feel like there are a lot of topics and VP has such a freedom in the CN universe that she could have gave more.

I will try assembling my own Charmonix in the living room inspired by this, it really captures the wish to get away (anywhere) right now.

I'm very into how fake her hair and skin look but unsure about the pose, it's a bit stiff.

I've only just ordered the September issue and now this appears!

No matter what country's name appears on a masthead, at the moment, a lot of people will just be happy to see a model appear the front of a fashion magazine, any fashion magazine.

I was about to say the cover shot "has a touch of Terry Richardson about it" but maybe I should reconsider my words... it's the shadow on the flat surface that's putting me in mind of that.

Never been a fan of any ski-related cover or editorial and this one will make no exception. Let's see the content. Hope Barbieri, Saglio and Benarroch deliver with Harris, Lagrange as usual.

According to Rianne via Instagram, Malika Louback (last month’s cover girl) is also part of the cover story, which was photographed in Paris over the course of two days.

I must admit I was disappointed when I opened the thread and saw that it isn't the highly anticipated anniversary issue we expected. But that disappointment didn't last long! I could have Rianne on the cover for every month of the year and I wouldn't complain, the girl is a superstar!
As usual, she looks absolutely magnificent and I actually think this might be one of their best covers this year. Very tongue-in-cheek indeed, I love the tacky vibe and the setting. Very excited to see what's inside!

It’s Alt! It’s Paris! It’s Fashion! It’s supposed to be tacky! Of course it’s superb! Lol how predictable.

I like it, is the kind of things that only work on Vogue Paris.

At least is not another illustration or covid/hope theme.

So apparently, the cover is a tribute to cartoonist Edmond Kiraz. I have high hopes for the editorial now!
We are also to expect an ''all-red'' story by Henrik Purienne and a story featuring the ''Queens of Chic'' by David Sims, as well as Carla Bruni by Hedi Slimane promoting her new album. Sounds like a solid issue so far!

at first I thought it was a vintage cover I hadn‘t seen before it definitely doesn‘t scream oct 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->