Vogue Paris October 2020 : Rianne van Rompaey by Carlijn Jacobs

So much cheese, yet i love it. The content has been really on point though, loving VP this year, for me the best Vogue, followed by UK Vogue.

I am shocked it's not their anniversary issue, i guess they saving it for the double Holiday one, makes sense!

The whole "Une mode de plein air" would've been way more fun and ironic during lockdown.
The cover is bad with that lazy pose, that weird facial expression, Rianne van Rompaey again (so original!), that Trump-suntanned skin, artifical snow and background that don't look ironic but cheap bs... I don't know what world Alt lives in, but it's definitely a distorted one. Snow in October? Too pretentious, too "f... ya'll"... The girl needs reality check for sure, cause the world does not end at Rue Saint Honoré, and it definitely doesn't in her imagination either. When your highlights as EIC are lyp-syncing to George Michael, Rianne van Rompaey cover, and total lack of diversity (hello, do you live in modern France?) something is wrong.

Flipped it through online
lame issue as I expect
More like November than October
Main Ed is dull as f*ck shot in studio
Another studio Ed looking like David sims with various new girls
Miss vogue with edita outdoor like Massimo dutti or mango online e-commerce shooting

The only worth looking thing is Henrik purienne red edit with Hana Jirickova

4 new st Laurent ads with laetitia and freja With heads finally

Last edited:
I got the issue in the mail today, here are some good old snaps!

Miss Vogue
Edita Vilkeviciute by Quentin de Briey

En Piste!
Rianne van Rompaey & Malika Louback by Carlijn Jacobs

The Queens of Chic
? by David Sims

La Femme en Rouge
Hana Jirickova by Henrik Purienne

Fabulous content.

I cannot believe there are people who do not like this in these dull times of illustrations, blank covers, or zero effort editorials and covers (yeah, looking at Lizzo in Vogue US).

This is fashion, darling! This is camp, fun, stupid, energetic!

main ed looks like a mix of Greg Kadel for Numero back in 2007-2013 and late Terry Richardson for Lui.... ew, that's not Vogue sorry
David sims ed is okay in a way of styling but this blank studio settings will kill anything alive
Purienne is ok but again crop heards on a half of shots, thanks god its not Natasja Madsen once again, whom he shot for loads of brands in the same settings during COVID, she's insanely corny and their sexually driven duo bores me to death
Miss vogue with edita is too e-commerce for zara, mango, massimo dutti

This is another solid issue in my opinion. The cover is one of a kind and it does stand out in hands.
Casting is a good mix between regulars and new faces. Hana's editorial by Purienne is just the sexy/sultry dose I need and enjoy to see in VP. The main ed is as expected, nice and cheesy. Good to see Malika joining Rianne, serving it like a pro!

I enjoyed this issue a lot! It was fun, pleasing for the eyes and fashion.

For Miss Vogue, I prefer Virginie Benarroch over Saglio. The latter do not know anymore to do anything different than her Massimo Dutti gig.

Ib Kamara is not made for VP nor VHI. Emmanuelle should take Hortense Manga instead.

Glad to have Purienne back - better than Juergen. And Malika is on Alt's regular list of models it seems.

Thanks for posting, Valentine! :heart:
This issue seems way better than September imo. Even Purienne's work is better than what he's doing for Lui.
And I agree with GivenchyAddict, Kamara's edit is too experimental for VP and it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd be happy with Hortense but first choice would be Sablon.

Vogue Paris October 2020

En Piste!

Photographer: Carlijn Jacobs
Set Designer: Giovanna Martial
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: Stephane Lancien
Makeup: Christelle Cocquet
Cast: Rianne van Rompaey, Malika Louback

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Vogue Paris October 2020

The Queens of Chic

Photographer: David Sims