Vogue Russia October 2011 : Daria Werbowy by Terry Richardson

Just pick a Cosmo and the cover even better than this.
Posted via Mobile Device

The ed looks much better than the cover. They should have gone with the white background. I believe there must be more pics in the ed.

I like how Daria's hair and make up, other than the overuse of bright red lipstick (not her but in other shoots), Terry's team does a good job in that area. I am not blown away but I like the clothes selected, it fits with Vogue Russia's glam ethos.

Overall the cover and ed looks like something produced by Terry and a B-list sexy actress with limited modeling ability for Harper's Bazaar or a men's magazine. There are some good shots, I actually think that the growling shot is better than some of the images in the Givenchy campaign, but the overall caliber is so not what you would expect from a top model being shot by a top photographer for one of the major Vogue editions. threre are three, no make that four, hands in the hair shot. Are you kidding me? It's not a bad cover and ed, just underwhelming considering the team involved and the client.

i'm not totally sold on this, but daria looks stunning.

not my favorite of Daria. there seems to be something missing, not sure what. don't like how 3 of the images chosen are in the same tiger print shirt/dress. I guess that gives it a sort of repetition. the eye make-up is to die for though!

i don't like the cover at all... colours are just awful...

q27aw.jpg

vogue.ru

^ I actually quite like it!

i am still undecided do i like it or not, i will wait till i see editorials

she looks quite gorgeous. i just wish they would have used another colour for the background and of course the text.

I'am 20
Merethe Hopland by Mikhail Rozanov
Styled by Olga Dunina

Beauty
Rose Smith by Emma Tempest

models

Be Lady
Kasia Struss by Tom Craig
Styled by Ekaterina Mukhina

models.com

Nothing is really bad about this issue, but everthing looks so 2003.

be lady reminds me of the ed with lara in one of the current issues of us vogue.

I hate Richardson's aesthetic... I'm sorry but I can even take a photo with a plain background with a model making cheesey poses!!!!

Very nice eds! I even like Terry/Daria's...although this look has been done repeatedly by French Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->