W September 2016 : Rihanna by Steven Klein

Love it! Both covers.
The ed is typical Klein but I like that.

Can't wait to see the rest of the content.

I am getting strong W September 2014 vibes just because there's one Rihanna attitude and one Steven Klein photography style, you can't get much different results - but it's still fabulous. Rihanna is giving a lot more than models today indeed.

The covers are spectacular! The editorial is visual overload...but in a good way. A little variety in my fashion magazines is satisfying. And yes, Rihanna delivers.

The rest of the content as described in the article sounds incredible and I hope it lives up to the hype. I'm especially curious to see what Steven Meisel does with Casil McArthur.

boring,dated,pretentious...steven klein and rihanna must go.....

The styling is really uninteresting to me. Feels so stale and done.

Also, that new cover logo/font is tragic.

I feel like I've seen this already somewhere with model Joan Smalls or Jourdan. Uninteresting.

I love Rihanna and i love the cover but the main ed is bad.
She is literally overwhelm by all those effects.

She doesn't really look in control or powerful. It's just a "cliché" version of what "edgy" means.
Plus, the overall thing with the dogs and the fire was done many many times with the same bad results. This is just as bad as his Phillip Plein campaign.

I wanted to see Rihanna in some September issue maybe shot by I&V, Meisel or Jamie. Testino & Klein (and sometimes M&M) are kinda done for celebrity shoots. They can't bring anything anymore...

I love the cover but the ed is a bit too chaotic. The cover is chaotic yet tranquil

The logo is terrible. What even.

Everything looks so repetitive. I've seen this before. From them, from other magazines.

"it’s part of the larger strategy to make every issue a collectible — to create print as an event."

Gosh, you`d better improve paper quality first than continue to print on toiled paper 22 years in a row...

new W logo is just.. tragic. The old one is perfect why do they change it?
I love the 2 images though, very striking.

Is the logo permanent? Is W trying to be I-D? The previous W logo would have looked perfect on both covers.

What's with so many fashion photographers nowadays looking like they parody their own work? Klein with his oversaturated sadomasochism, Annie Leibovitz, Mert and Marcus, Mario Testino... They've gone downhill rapidly with the use of photoshop.

Amazing covers, she looks incredible as always! Great styling and the cover design makes it look a bit iconic. Can't wait to buy this!

Is the logo permanent? Is W trying to be I-D? The previous W logo would have looked perfect on both covers.

What's with so many fashion photographers nowadays looking like they parody their own work? Klein with his oversaturated sadomasochism, Annie Leibovitz, Mert and Marcus, Mario Testino... They've gone downhill rapidly with the use of photoshop.

Apparently not. It’s just for their collaborative Sept and March issues that the logo will revamp to whomever they’re working with. Here’s the link SpeakThatJDunn provided again: https://www.businessoffashion.com/ar...na-terry-jones

Could have been really great with the Rihanna-as-Furiosa concept, bit this edit does looks 7 years too late, fashion-wise. It’s too much, and comes off so desperately seeking kids’ approval. Enninful is showing his age by piling on the everything hoping something sticks like that creepy baglady from Labyrinth, unfortunately. And Tonchi is as clueless as ever— even more so if you read the BoF link LOL

These covers look like a fan made them, the logo is horrerous, but the editorial looks fine.

Both covers are stunning! And as cliche as the editorial theme is, I love it! This is the Steven Klein I adore.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Even though we've seen Steven Klein do this 1000 times its even better because Rihanna kills it. She isn't even a model and she slays harder than these "top models" now.

When I heard she was going to be the September cover model and that Pat was on makeup, I thought Steven Meisel was going to photograph her. Some other time.

the logo and the layout... why

the cover shots are actually nice, but... nope

"it’s part of the larger strategy to make every issue a collectible — to create print as an event."

^ collectible, multi-cover issues! Ground-breaking!

Desparate times, call for desparate measures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->