W September 2016 : Rihanna by Steven Klein

Both covers are great, but the first one is more eye-catching. I don't like the new typo though. Also the ed is Klein at his best. Hope the other eds are good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so dated! I can't even.

edit

'Street Style Is All About Self-Expression'
Photographer: Craig McDean
Fashion Editor: Edward Enniful
Makeup Artist: Peter Phillips
Hair Stylist: Sam McKnight
Model/Entertainers: Alison Marie Isbell, Alix Angjeli, Allie Berman, Anja Konstantinova, Ava Hawk McDean, Issa Lish, Kendall Walters, Lexi Boling, Maria Borges, Sarah Abney, Staz Lindes &
Teale Coco

wmagazine.com

^I´m so tired of that type of ed that I´ll take Klein and his oversaturation over them any day of the week.

So far two out of the two edits shown are just... stale: Rihanna’s shoot feels like something left over from Gaga in 2010, and now this “street” edit looks like something from the days of Scott Schuman in 2008…

As much as I genuinely like Enninful, and as much as I admire him for supporting, commissioning original, artisanal pieces from the likes of Kat Marks, Una Burke and Patrick Ian Hartley time and time again, and mixing their designs with high-profile labels, the results are so derivative here. And it’s not who you cast, or who’s shooting whom… it’s all about having a fresh, interesting perspective and a unique presentation: all the things Tonchi hasn’t been able to conjure up for his “collector’s” issue.

One of the models in McDean's ed is his own 18-year-old daughter. Nepotism will get you anywhere!

One of the models in McDean's ed is his own 18-year-old daughter. Nepotism will get you anywhere!

Isn't he married to a top model? This must be his child with that model, whoever she is.

His photography looks as blasé as the styling. And ultimately the focus rests on the girls, only, I've got no clue who most of them are!

Isn't he married to a top model? This must be his child with that model, whoever she is.

His photography looks as blasé as the styling. And ultimately the focus rests on the girls, only, I've got no clue who most of them are!

He's actually married to Tabitha Simmons.

I usually love McDean but this editorial is a letdown.

People have seen Rihanna in this way a dozens times and if this magazine thinks that they doing something super edgy, they are so wrong...

I'm just here waiting patiently for Steven Meisel's editorial because all the other content (including Rihanna's overdone covers and cover story) are just seriously.. naff. :rolleyes:

Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Hair: Guido
Makeup: Pat McGrath
Model: Casil McArthur

wmagazine

^ I love Steven Meisel and I followed him for the past 15 years but I´m not impressed at all by this story. Lucky Blue wasn´t available on that day? I mean come on: this model does not do anything or give any feeling whatsoever on the editorial story. His face is super average, there is nothing cool here nor the styling. And I don´t like Lucky Blue but if Meisel or W wanted to do something similar to him then they should have gotten him instead of a pale copy. There is REALLY not a single shot that I like.

When was the last time that Meisel shot an only boy editorial?
Anyway, I don´t like it either. It´s just not interesting other than kudos for shooting a trans model. The only image I like is the one in the motorcycle...
The shot of him in his underwear looks a bit gimmicky imo. Fashion people didn´t pad Andrej´s bra to make her look like she had breasts did they? (forgive my ingnorance, perhaps it´s part of the transitioning?)

Is that something the W reader wants to see? W is women's fashion. This should have run in Interview or a men's mag.

Whoever shoots it, I don't want to see an homme ed in W.
Street Style... by McDean is just okay, but that's kind of boring tbh. Not impressed by the two fashion stories so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->