W Korea July 2010 : Cate Blanchett by Craig McDean

Did they really have to choose the same cover picture as US W?

Did they really have to choose the same cover picture as US W?

ya this is the thing that I'll never ever understand with magazines! First of all: why using a reprint when you have your OWN version of such an important title? And then if you're gonna do a reprint, at least try another shot or angle or something because when you do the copycat cover it shows a lack of creativity and a complete lazyness and of course the "why are they doing that?" type-of-question from its readers :innocent:

It's still a stunning shot. But it was such a memorable cover to use as a reprint.

ya this is the thing that I'll never ever understand with magazines! First of all: why using a reprint when you have your OWN version of such an important title? And then if you're gonna do a reprint, at least try another shot or angle or something because when you do the copycat cover it shows a lack of creativity and a complete lazyness and of course the "why are they doing that?" type-of-question from its readers :innocent:

not all people buy magazine abroad.
if editors find some article interesting, and want to interduce it to their readers. why not do a re-print?
and they can get a little relief from writing crisis.^_^

no different with the US cover, except the text! lol

Anything what is with Cate never can't disappoint B) :blush:

Out of 12 cover from W Korea, only 3 or 4 are original shots and the rest is exact reprint from US edition. They should try different images from the inside editorial. Thought I love this cover.

W Korea July 2010
ocean deep
Photographer: Zo Sun Hi
Make-up: Oh Mi Young
Hair: Han Ji Sun
Models: Jang Su Yim & Lee Ji Yeon

style.co.kr

I hate reprints but this is an amazing cover!

W Korea July 2010
Power & Affair
Photographer: Bo Ri
Stylist: Kim Young Cheol
Make-up: Han Ji Sun & Park Hye Young
Models: Lee Hye Jung, Kim Young, Park Jong Hwan, No Sang Min & Kim Han Soo

style.co.kr

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member