W Magazine Volume #4 2019 : Lili Reinhart & Cole Sprouse by Steven Klein

I love Klein, but this is terrible....and not just because I can't stand Cole Sprouse, who is annoying as f**k. This cover alone, is justification for Tonchi being fired.

Are they promoting the Twilight remake?

Don’t know how they fare onscreen or in real life, but this shoot is trash. They couldn’t possibly have less chemistry. Rigor mortis.

I hope Tonchi never works another day in fashion.

He destroyed this once magnificent magazine and such a crime should not go unpunished.

Glenda’s guilty of greater crimes against HF. She’s much much much more offensive in her trespasses— especially coming after Liz and Fabien's Bazaar. At least Stefano gave us the sublimely gorgeous Far Far From Land.

If I’m being unbelievably kind and generous to Stefano, I’d say he’s trolling everyone and burning W down along with himself by giving these 2 soap opera teens a cover and bestowing them as “Screen Saviors”….

But the reality is that Stefano never really had the balls, and is just his usual desperate and clueless self, hoping for a last-minute save by aligning himself with these two.

the problem of the cover is obviously cole sprouse :sick:

lili is a goddess, i really ike her

I like it but I love them so I'm biased. And if nothing else they're quite a welcome change of new faces on the cover.

It's just you and me against the rest of this thread!

I admit the theme is quite cheesy, but damn they are both super photogenic and interesting personalities, and it's nice to see them book a cover.

screen saviors? they not even saving the frame for this cover, chile. hahahah bye. NEXT!

Any review?

182 pages

"Stranger than Fiction"
P: Steven Klein
S: Arianne Phillips
Cole Sprouse, Lili Reinhart

"The Height of Fashion"
P:Willy Vanderperre
S: Katie Grand
M: Raquel Z

"His Eye Has to Travel"
P: Walter Pfeiffer
S: Julian Ganio
Kim Jones

"Miss America"
P: Colin Dodgson
S: Sara Moonves
Hailey Bieber, apparently the first lady of pop

"It's All in the Details"
P: Brianna Capozzi
S: Dephine Danhier
M: Adwoa Aboah

fob

"Screen Saviors"
P: Jackie Nickerson
S:Elin Svahn
Michelle Williams, Kiernan Shipka, Hasan Minhaj, Richard Madden, Cailee Spaeny, Jameela Jamil, Allison Brie, Billy Porter, Maude Apatow, Connie Britton, Andrew Rannels, Annabelle Wallis, Penn Badgley, Natasha Lyonne
By Lynn Hirschberg

Hailey’s editorial is not terrible, surprisingly

I like the concept for the shoot but I'm not a fan of either of them, particularly Cole who's a terrible actor (even on print). Tonchi had its moments but he sank this magazine many years ago.

^^^ In terms of concept, there is surprisingly, potential in this issue. It’s actually making the effort to fuse art and high fashion.

There are 5 fashion stories here— and again surprisingly, they’re solid… The coverline “Screen Saviors” actually doesn’t apply to these two’s stories— they’re for another story LOOL

It does seem like Stefano is making a last effort to fight for his W’s survival. But it all feels like a little too late. The tragic irony of it all is there’s an ad for the beautiful W Stories book in this issue, and that book is a haunting reminder to how empty and hollow it all feels now in comparison to those gorgeous stories full of live and passion that the book showcases.

This issue has the look/mood/feel of a once grand atmosphere and the place to be… and now it’s abandoned, slowly forgotten, and full of dust and cobwebs. I hope he or someone can somehow save it— or just let it go and move on. Kind of tragic.

^^^ Raquel’s story is Willy doing Tim by way of M+M graphics.

If you’re into that sort of surreal Man Ray style of photography x illustration, with a loose Alice In Wonderland concept sort of thing, then you’ll probably love it.

This thread being more or less abandoned is how the vibe of this issue feels. But Benn will likely post the edits shortly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->