W Magazine Volume #4 2023 by Mert Alas

#WhereIsMarcus maybe he just retired or couldn't be bothered to put up with Mert lol?

He seems to be doing better alone. Waiting to see Marcus solo work.

Anok's cover is horrible, but her photo is the best... Unfortunately out of all the covers the least worst for me is Gigi's!

Agree on Anok.
I only like Gigi's and Liu's cover.

#WhereIsMarcus maybe he just retired or couldn't be bothered to put up with Mert lol?

I saw an IG story from a couple of weeks ago and they were together enjoying the sea...so i dont think they are on bad terms...i don't know what happened....

Love Liu Wen's cover....

I don't like the street covers, I prefer the studio and out of those Gigi is an instant favourite. It's nothing particularly new and like I stated in the Vogue France thread, I know that Mert's better than this. Or perhaps it was Marcus who made it work. Mert is definitely the diva of the two, but is he the Beyoncé? Can he deliver on his own? I'd like to see Marcus solo too.

I also like the comeback of this old art direction from W.

I like Anok's, it's so different from the others.
Gigi also looks great!

I hate Kaia's and Mona's hair on their covers and quite on the opposite hand, love Liu's hair and her eyes are simply hypnotising on her pictures!

Looking forward to hearing about Marcus too! Apparently he's the dynamic one when it comes to outdoor shoots. Mona and Kaia look very flat and the oversaturated colors don't seem to work here.

The studio ones are great, though! The creative team seems to be into vintage W (circa 2008, as Mikel pointed out), which is wonderful.

Anok's photos are good but had sooo much more potential ugh
and it's only me or Liu looks pale and tired?

At least Naomi wasnt in it….
She was on her way but she learned the word 'iconic' would not be used..

Honestly none of the covers are as bad as I expected.. they're okay but Anok's is just so good.

I feel like they really try to sell us Gigi's body as aspirational and somehow she just emits discomfort in that 'this is me after 38 weeks of eating whatever' before/after type of thing. Like congrats for your tummy, but also, who cares.

^^^ Yes— she hasn’t looked comfortable in her skin in any of these shoots since returning from maternity leave. Very odd. This is the best she's looked.

Marcus is likely just taking a break.

Mert was always the exhibitionist, while Marcus never seemed to cared for the spotlight. But I wonder what their work dynamic was like: Who contributed to the ideations/concepts; on-set work; post-production etc etc???

Going by his solo work thus far (which looks to be an attempt at a return to their classic signatures), there does seem to be less of a whole to the best of the Mert&Marcus brand. But then again, their later work was on the forgettable side.

Gigi's and Liu are my favourite, some of th eothers look half asleep.

Oof they did Anok + Kendall DIRTY!
Gigi's is the best for me, followed by Liu.

MAS + Gigi Hadid is not a mix I expected. Quite good…
It will be interesting to see if she appears on the Paco Rabanne or Vuitton runway.

‘That’s the best cover.

KAIA GERBER ON BOTTOMS, HER BOOK CLUB, AND PERSONAL STYLE
Photography:
Mert Alas
Styling: Sara Moonves
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-up: Lucia Pica
Model: Kaia Gerber

wmagazine.com

MONA TOUGAARD IS THE MOMENT
Photography:
Mert Alas