W May 2010 : Julianna Margulies by Nathaniel Goldberg

First Ladies
Photographed by Bruce Weber
Styled by Camilla Nickerson
Models Elaine Irwin Mellencamp, Kirsten Owen, Sedene Blake, Anne Marie Kortright, Guinevere van Seenus, Alyssah Ali, Coco Rocha, Dree Hemingway
ruslm8.jpg

bfj061.jpg

My snaps

I like the cover. The lay out is still the same but it has this fresh feeling. Love the eds so far.

is it me or does Coco's angle look abit rather.. off? :huh:
her body doesn't look proportioned from waist below :ninja:

Talk about a surprise cover-model. Nice to see a change.

Julianna is the shock of the year so far, for me. I guess it's a nice surprise to see someone different.
The cover is nice, in all it's simpleness. But she has clearly been overly photoshopped. Great use of Dolce though!
Her edit seems quite good with a few shots, that have cover potential. Quite unexpected that Goldberg shot the cover too.
The editorial content seems very disappointing, such a let down. None of the edits seem to interest me!

Julianna? What an odd choice for a W cover. I don't know why it perplexes me so much. I mean, it's nice but...

Oh, my, because she's GORGEOUS! I think she's such a stunning woman. Did you see her at the Golden Globes? It's about time she nabbed a cover. She looks fantastic. :heart:

I'm very surprised to see Nathanial Goldberg shoot the cover...it's been nearly a decade (I think) since he's shot for W. The cover is gorgeous though. The editorial content actually looks good for the first time in a long time...particularly Bruce Weber's could prove to be great, especially with models like Guinevere and Sedene :woot:.

Love
Photographed by David Sims
Styled by Alex White
Models Patricia, Alla, Kamila, Hedi Mount

is that kamila filipcikova?

i don't know the 'cover star' but i just don't appreciate her features, they're somewhat gross. otherwise the cover in itself isn't that bad, actually it isn't worth hating nor loving.

Oh, my, because she's GORGEOUS! I think she's such a stunning woman. Did you see her at the Golden Globes? It's about time she nabbed a cover. She looks fantastic. :heart:

Don't get me wrong. Julianna is quite beautiful and talented, but um... I associate her with tv too much. This reminds me of the Debra Messing Vogue cover. There is nothing wrong with her but I was just surprised to see her on Vogue is all, even though she was a fresh, deserving face.

got this in the mail today, the earliest i've ever gotten one. i hadn't even seen the thread on it yet, and was quite shocked to see julianna margulies! i will be honest and say i don't follow her work at all, so for me it feels really random and pointless. and it looks kind of strange in person, too much photoshop i suspect:innocent:

the editorials too feel..i don't know the word i'm looking for...incomplete? but at any rate, iris apfel is adorable and brings a nice spunk to the first laides spread!

The cover is nice.....I can't really say any better than that.
Julianna is a great cover choice as she is hot (again) right now, but the styling is a little off and as everyone says the sunglasses shot would have been a superb cover.
Weber's 'First Ladies' editorial has one of the most interesting model choices in recent memory, and looks like vintage Weber from the snaps posted.

On the cover her face looks kind of odd on her body (like it's too big for the body) but I'm still going to get this. She is such a fantastic actress and a gracious woman with a seemingly lovely personality to boot - the right cover choice imo.

Thanks for the review. The editorial content looks to be quite exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->