W May 2010 : Julianna Margulies by Nathaniel Goldberg

Awesome to see Julianna on the cover of W for a breakout year. Though it's not my preference for a cover pic, the rest look real good and I'm glad Nathaniel Goldberg shot it.

I haven't had a chance to watch her current show since she's won the Golden Globe and SAG for it but I grew up watching her as Carol Hathaway on ER with Clooney's Doug Ross :crush:.

sorry but i have no idea who this woman is... i have to google her. as some members are saying, i'm quite surprised to see a w cover by nathaniel nowadays.
the review sounds great, can't wait to see the editorials.

I think she looks amazing. Like all the pictures.

I'll take Julianna Margulies over Gwyneth, Fergie, and Sarah Jessica Parker anyday.

Sedene Blake in "First Ladies" for W Magazine
Photographer: Bruce Weber
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson

sedene-wmagazine.jpg

newyorkmodelsblog

Her head looks to be placed too above, but that's a gorgeous cover. It's also great that it was shot by Nathaniel Goldberg. Both the cover star and the photographer are not typical choices.

now i understand why the brain of W left the buildin, this is crappy, disgusting, it looks like a cheap version of harper's BAZAAR. I will buy it for the Inez & Vonoodh editorial, no more.

at first i was very surprised by Julianna being chosen as the cover subject, but I love it. She has such a strong face and a very respectable career. I am so grateful for a break from the same 10 actresses.

Was this issue done under the old team or the new one?

bad cover and bad editorials = way to go W ! Keep up the "good" work = of course I was being sarcastic ! I guess we'll have to wait for Stefano Tonchi to take over in the next issue

The cover isn't bad, she looks OK there, but none of the editorials interest me, bad issue :(
I hope W will put model in one of the summer covers.

Bruce Weber takes readers on a tour of Miami for W. Using his signature mix of real people, models and of course his beloved golden retrievers, Weber photographs a diverse set of beauties including Sedene, Dree Hemingway, Elaine Irwin, Kirsten Owen, Coco Rocha, Alyssah Ali, Guinevere Van Seenus and fashion legend Iris Apfel. Add in some incredible clothes - Camilla Nickerson’s colorful styling choices perfectly capture the vibrancy of Miami’s fashion scene - and you have the makings of an incredibly fun filled editorial.

models

The entire Bruce Weber ed is up on W's official site...can't be bothered to upload as there are like 19 images.

First Ladies
Shot by Bruce Weber
Styled by Camilla Nickerson

wmagazine

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is sooo tacky in real life! Sooo '90s Jersey with the red leopard, the hair and the gold text just :sick: ! Counting down the days til Tonchi gets there. :innocent:

Not to burst any bubbles but the plan with Tonchi is to make the magazine even more about celebrities, so I really wouldn't be counting down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->