W September 2010 : Hollywood's New It Girls by Inez & Vinoodh

^^I strongly disagree!!! The old one was such a great looking logo.

The new one looks like it belongs on an airline magazine.

^^I strongly disagree!!! The old one was such a great looking logo.

The new one looks like it belongs on an airline magazine.

Me agree! The new one is modern but it's look too easy, just like put a type on the page.

That's a redesign and a half isn't it... it definitely, to me anyway, does take on more of a feel of something like the Style magazine, sort... newspaper style magazine looking? If that makes any sense to anyone else other than me!

I don't hate it by any means, but I do find the choice of cover shot slightly odd... be nice to see what the rest of it looks like when it folds out.

Yeah, i agree, it reminds me of the Sunday Times Style magazine.
in fact that was my first thought.

i was hoping for more with the new redesign but so far, so bad.

Could a mod add a "Do you like the new logo" poll to this thread?:lol:

So,according to #1,there are two M&M eds and one McDean ed in this issue?

^Yeah it is Yaya from ANTM, she's now an actress and is in the final series of Ugly Betty as Wilhelmina Slater's Daughter, so i guess that grants her 'reason' for being on the cover as an up and coming actress :rolleyes:.

Woah, this is so ugly!!!

First of all, i recognize only one person here, which is shocking, since i fancy myself, a full on movie goer, who knows the new faces, well i know them now, so i suppose thats a good thing they got the cover, not sure if it will be as good for sales.

But i truly DESPISE the new logo, and layout!! Tonchi you are not at T anymore!! It looks like it was back in the day when it was just a supplement to WWD.

All that said, i still am rooting for Stefano, and may he prove me wrong.

I couldn't give a damm who these girls are. All I know is that I actually like this.
The only minor complaint I have, is the new masthead. It looks alright here, but will it work again?
The cover shots are really nice, kudos Inez & Vinoodh. Their photography aesthetic always works.

Thanks for posting Tonchi's interview, Flashbang. I'm intrigued to see the contents of this issue.

Really don't feel this, my first thought, the new logo makes the magazine looks like a random newspaper :unsure:

I actually like the covers though the centring and position of the girls are off and yes what a abysmal "W"

wow an ANTM girl gets a W cover! Even if she did as an actress its still an achievement

I'm not even remotely ecstatic about the new direction W is heading to. Nevertheless, I assume that defining unknown wannabes as new It Girls is a cunning gimmick, since that concept seems to arouse so much curiosity. I couldn't care less for those covers, personally.

The old logo is a classic one! It shouldn't have been changed in the first place. It's like it's one of the things W is known for. I'm still mourning over the loss of the old logo.. :cry:

So,according to #1,there are two M&M eds and one McDean ed in this issue?

^Yes, two editorials by Mert & Marcus and one by McDean. :smile:

I don't see how this will improve sales, the cover might as well be invisible it's so uninteresting.

I think it's an improvement. The cover girls may be boring, but it's a change a least. looking forward to see the content.

I think the thing here is the new logo. Should I go to the newsstand and buy the-last-old-W-logo on earth?

LOVE the new logo .... but dont know about the tagline at the top, its a bit strange, kind of like a "1980s small & medium business" feel about it ...

the cover itself is reminescent of a LA style in the early 90s or Interview in the late 80s & the feel is like when Talk launched in 2000

I hate the tagline, it's sooooo naff and W really didn't need one. Apart from that I don't mind the new letter so much and the covers look OK, I just hope the focus is still on fashion. I'm looking forward to seeing the content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->