Replace ballet flats with?

Couture_Tribe

Reaction score
Ok, people! It is TIME, time to move on, time to find new shoes to wear. :D :D :D Flats have been "played out", I noticed more and more and more flats on:sick: :sick: :sick: teen american eagle girls, worn with leggings and over size/ long tops/ knit wear. Flats are basically everywhere:( :( ! So, what shoes are comforable, versitale, effortless (sp.), and stylish? Other than lace up jazz shoes? Sneakers do not count, and vans have been played out by hipsters/scene kids/ indie people wannabes:cry: anyways. I know platforms, pointy toe pumps, tapered wedges, but they are not comfortable to walk in, althought I am a big heel wearer. So any new fresh ideas for shoes that are stylish, effortless, and comfortable?:huh:

With a little practice heels are comfortable.:flower:

so what if they're worn by so many young girls? they're after ballet flats anyways.
'flats' is so broad, you have to consider colour, shape, material. you're right, they extend to lace-up shoes, sandals, etc...
it's not about what's in and out....it's about how you mix it, right?:wink: for instance, flat shoes look entirely different if they're worn with wide pants, than they do with leggings.

Last edited by a moderator:
kan-i-ta said:
With a little practice heels are comfortable.:flower:
^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Well, not with ten minute walks everyday, or some days you just need flats because you want to dress down.

Pastry said:
so what if they're worn by so many young girls? they're after ballet flats anyways.
'flats' is so broad, you have to consider colour, shape, material. you're right, they extend to lace-up shoes, sandals, etc...
it's not about what's in and out....it's about how you mix it, right?:wink:

I mean ballet flats, in all colors and material :yuk: . Well, they are overwhelming as far as there is almost no way to make them look interesting. Also due to the fact that I am sick of flats myself, I need something new to wear as well.

i love flats, i don't care if all the girls are wearing them. pretty soon they wont be wearing them anymore because they wont be "in". when i walk my feet turn in so i don't have an arch, so i have to wear inserts in my shoes. so flats are the best thing for me to wear so i can slip them in there. i wont ever give up my flats!

i am not giving up of the flats!!!!!!!!!!
but i like these... :smile:
9qu0.jpg

why_fashion said:
Ok, people! It is TIME, time to move on, time to find new shoes to wear. :D :D :D Flats have been "played out", I noticed more and more and more flats on:sick: :sick: :sick:

Are you simply going by others, then? You, personally, are not tired of them? :unsure:

I agree with Pastry, there is such a broad spectrum of flats out there to choose from... and they're such a HUGE category of footwear... Certain types have been overworn, I agree, but there are just so many ways to be original again with them...

yes, what about lizard flats? Not many have that...

Personally, I still love flats. And I'm sure I always will. So no matter how many American Eagle loving girls are sporting flats, I will still wear mine. Since, of course, mine are all different because I've found them at unknown boutiques and whatnot.

If you're really set on switching, I'd say try heels. I find stacked heels and wedges to actually be quite comfortable, even if they give you a good 5 inches in height. Where as a Stiletto isn't that generous to your feet.

Oh, and stick with round toe I'd say if you want to be comfortable! :smile:

Pastry said:
it's not about what's in and out....it's about how you mix it, right?:wink: for instance, flat shoes look entirely different if they're worn with wide pants, than they do with leggings.

I agree, there are so many flat shoes, I personally never liked balletflats, and there are very good alternatives, like Jazz shoes and flat boots.

Oh no, I could never give up my flats, how did I ever walk in heels??!! Plus, all of my trousers have been taken up to wear with flats....:lol: But I am over ballet flats for now, loving flat boots instead for winter.:heart:

I love ballet flats and don't see tons of people in them where I live...
but I am moving on a bit because you can't wear socks and my feet get so cold!:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
pointy flats with a tiny heel! In bright colours with odd things stuck on them (like irregular choice shoes) they dont really count as flats

Get something exclusive, like Lanvin flats. Or just a really cool design that it original and nobody else will have (avoid the Kate Moss basic black pair or anything patent leather). Failing that, I love my Havaianas.

Well, we got the first snow here today. So no ballet flats anymore.

I don't think there are any good options at the moment, especially if you live in a country which gets snow every winter. I'm wearing black flat boots / black high-heeled boots, depending on if I feel it's not too slippery to walk in high heels.

Personally, I don't think I will ever get bored of classic black ballet flats, I have to have at least one pair (on my trip to England last summer I bought two pairs instead of one (French Sole & LK Bennett), since I need a pair next summer/spring). But I would love to hear if anyone has new exciting ideas on easy, non-high heeled and beautiful shoes, I'm always open to new ideas.

WhiteLinen said:

I don't think there are any good options at the moment, especially if you live in a country which gets snow every winter. I'm wearing black flat boots / black high-heeled boots, depending on if I feel it's not too slippery to walk in high heels.

Personally, I don't think I will ever get bored of classic black ballet flats, I have to have at least one pair (on my trip to England last summer I bought two pairs instead of one (French Sole & LK Bennett), since I need a pair next summer/spring). But I would love to hear if anyone has new exciting ideas on easy, non-high heeled and beautiful shoes, I'm always open to new ideas.

THat's what I was attempting to ask:lol: :lol:

And I get the point that you can choose some original ones, I am going to hunt for few.

I do have a pair of pointy shoes with once inch heel, they are not so easy to walk, I just came home from those.

And can we forget about whether we prefere flats or not? Let's put it this way, pretend that flats do not exist, what we shoes would you wear instead?

WhiteLinen said:

What are some options for footwear you would suggest for snowy winters? I mean huge snow, 30cm (maybe 12 inch) snow? I have black leather slouchy boots with 4 inch heels, brown ankle boots with one inch heel, and planning to get one pair of flat ankle boots?

oooooops, off my own topic...... sorry :doh: :doh:

why_fashion said:
And can we forget about whether we prefere flats or not? Let's put it this way, pretend that flats do not exist, what we shoes would you wear instead?

I guess that would only leave shoes with heels then.:huh: ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->