Replace ballet flats with?

why_fashion said:
What are some options for footwear you would suggest for snowy winters? I mean huge snow, 30cm (maybe 12 inch) snow? I have black leather slouchy boots with 4 inch heels, brown ankle boots with one inch heel, and planning to get one pair of flat ankle boots?

oooooops, off my own topic...... sorry :doh: :doh:

Actual winter/snow boots are the only shoes I would wear in 12 inch snow...

why_fashion said:
What are some options for footwear you would suggest for snowy winters? I mean huge snow, 30cm (maybe 12 inch) snow? I have black leather slouchy boots with 4 inch heels, brown ankle boots with one inch heel, and planning to get one pair of flat ankle boots?

oooooops, off my own topic...... sorry :doh: :doh:

I wouldn't suggest ankle boots. I'd go for good pair of leather boots instead.

In my mind flats = shoes with no heel / flat heel. So is this thread about discovering a substitute for ballet flats (a part of the big group of flats), or discovering a substitute for flat shoes in general? Then I have to join Brokenenglish and say that the only way to go is heels...they are the opposite of flats.

Personally, I own one pair of ballet pumps, the ubiquitious black french sole flats and I love them :smile:

But back to the question...my answer has got to be flat boots! I'm totally in love with the worn-out look (swear by it!) so I'd have to recommend vintage! Theres so many more options for flat boots with vintage than there are high street too, so theres no excuses! :P

I am having a terrible time finding flat boots I like....
or maybe I just don't like flat boots.

They're not for everyone...I find they can look a bit studenty, so if you are young enough it can look cute and kooky, but if you prefer a more elegant look, then they're probably not for you.

I must admit, if you're struggling with ballet flats (and lets face it, the other options for flat are limited), why not try heels?!

brokenenglish said:
I am having a terrible time finding flat boots I like....
or maybe I just don't like flat boots.

I feel your pain. I was fortunate enough to find a pair of black and very feminine flat boots last winter. I hope they will last, because I am screwed if I will have to go hunting for another pair.

^ I think th'at's it...
they are not at all feminine to me.
They make me feel stumpy...or like I should be wearing tights and a cape.
I will stick to heeled boots for now, my poor feet!

I'd love to wear heels all the time, but sometimes it is just too slippery (even though I do not know the right way to walk in heels, I am not going to risk my ankles on walking with them on ice) or there's too much snow. I think the trick is to go for flat boots which have very narrow soles (in need of a better word) and are very "petite"-looking.

Alot of the time I commute in the dreaded Uggs or other ugly snow boots and change into cute shoes at work.

why_fashion said:
And can we forget about whether we prefere flats or not? Let's put it this way, pretend that flats do not exist, what we shoes would you wear instead?
I'd invent flats :P

Should I modify the title of this thread to read "Ballet flats" specifically?
Is that what we're talking about or is the question truly as broad as ALL flats?

Brokenenglish - you can wear trouser socks with ballet flats. That may extend their seasonality for you :wink:

Curious said:
I'd invent flats :P

Should I modify the title of this thread to read "Ballet flats" specifically?
Is that what we're talking about or is the question truly as broad as ALL flats?

Brokenenglish - you can wear trouser socks with ballet flats. That may extend their seasonality for you :wink:

I think we have wait for Why_fashion to answer, but I do think she was meaning ballet flats. It would be nice if the title would be changed to a more correct one :flower:

What kind of socks are trouser socks? Sorry, English is not my first language.

I think they are thin...ususally black...kind of like knee highs maybe?...
I don't think I described them very well...but I think they are like men's dress socks.

brokenenglish said:
I think they are thin...ususally black...kind of like knee highs maybe?...
I don't think I described them very well...but I think they are like men's dress socks.

That's what I thought too...but wouldn't that be impractical at winter? It doesn't sound very warm. Besides, most of the ballet flats have thin soles, so they'd get wet / ruined easily, no matter what socks you are wearing.

^ True... I think Curious means for cool, fall weather...not really snow.
It hasn't snowed yet where I am and it's not sub zero temps so I still wear ballet flats.

well with every suggestion made you don't seem to want to take it into consideration. there's only so much you can do with the "no flat" rule you've given. i would suggest a good pair of kitten heels. i walk all over the city with one pair i got from urban & have no problem.

lafusione said:
well with every suggestion made you don't seem to want to take it into consideration. there's only so much you can do with the "no flat" rule you've given. i would suggest a good pair of kitten heels. i walk all over the city with one pair i got from urban & have no problem.

I guess it depends on where you live...do you get snow and ice? Would you like to post examples of warm, winter style kitten heels? It either makes me think of ordinary kitten heels which are definetily not shoes for winter, at least not in the northern parts of Europe, or boots with kitten heels, and I'm not sure about the look of that.

Thanks for the tip :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
SORRY PEOPLE

I MEANT BALLET FLATS with round toes!! Not flat shoes in general.

Can one of the modes change is for me please? You are the best!

When I talk to my friends we just call them flats, we call other flat shoes flat boots, flat sandels etc., so flats is the short form of ballet flats between me and my friends. SORRY

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Well then... how do you feel about pointy toe flats? I don't see too many people in that type.

What about platforms ?? then you have some height under your feet so its mroe distributed .. just a thort .. they are the only heals can walk in hehe .. i am a flats girl and alwyas will be

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->