well-dressed people you've seen lately

I saw a woman the other day who pulled off my dream look. She was wearing a black chiffon-y cocktail dress, which was sleeveless and just on knee-length. It could have been too much for day wear, but she wore it with really plain silver flat sandals, a messy ponytail and a beautiful tan. To pull of something that simple, and look that great is such a talent!

i saw a russian girl the other day who look like she had just walked off the beach, she was tanned, wavy beachy hair, minimal make up, glowing skin with matte lipstick wearing a grecian look dress with high heeled gold and crystal versace sandals with a gold python clutch. she looked amazing

This boy..who was wearing I don't really know what but it looked absolutely lovely. I think he noticed my glance (OK, stare :P), since he sort of smiled. How embarrassing.. but I couldn't help it, I never see guys dressed well here.

It looked very much like:

00041l0uy.jpg

men.style.com

At the Nordstrom in San Francisco...While not exactly fashion forward she was still a dream, if I were a woman Id wear it...

- Bi-color Hermes Kelly sand with LIME green trim (probably vert anis for those sticklers)
- Pale blue linen button down tucked into
- White capris w/ LIME green Hermes H belt
- Pale purple opentoed mules (I want to say Bottega)

Another at the pool at Mandalay Bay...

Pucci malliot...all you need to know...

Today at Tysons I saw a girl wearing a white button down, oversized for her slim frame, black skinny jeans and unlaced black combat boots...Lovely...

A friend of mine has to be my most inspiring dresser. She showed up today in a black skirt that ran from her waist to a little above the knee. On top, she had chopped up an old strapless dress (that she had worn normally before) - it looked like a royal blue linen tube top with cream floral embroidery over it. This made a two inch gap between the two pieces, yet it looked completely refined rather than trashy. She mixed it with flats, a multi-stranded burgundy and white necklace, and her signature side-swept bangs and heavily lined eyes.

well- since i live and work inthe 'coolest' area of NYC...
i pretty much see people dressed really well every single day...

but in a cool sort of funky way...
the corner of prince and lafayette -which is like the runway between soho and nolita - is a pretty good place for 'fashion spoting'...

:P

Prince & Lafayette, eh? I'll be moving to NYC in three months, so that's good to know. :smile:

NYC must be pumping fashion-wise!

I spotted a cute girl in the mall a couple of weekends ago ... she had long Mischa-Barton hair, no makeup, a long oversized navy sweater, yellow shorts with pockets, and brown gladiator sandals with a thin white headband ... she looked so adorable and preppy!

On Saturday I saw one of my friends who now lives in NYC, I havent seen her in close to a year...I loved the nonchalance of her look

- White eyelet halter dress (a few sizes too big)
- Brown Betsey Johnson tote (the one with the drawer pulls on either end), worn on her shoulder
- Highlighter yellow peeptoe flats

I was @ Saks about 2 weeks ago, and saw a woman in her 50's she looked great!
Her whole outfit was in the beige tones, she had a chloe paddington in beige and great aviators in gold tone, her hair was a short cut bob (brown) I didnt think she aged well, but She looked like a million bucks.

In london i saw another man and he seemed to have a good grasp of fashion. I remind you it was a few months ago and raining. He had, tan brogues, grey skinny jeans, a slim tan belt and navy double breasted jacket. He also had a tan "carry-on" bag to complement his shoes.

Can we merge this thread with the "Our Own Street Chic" thread? They are basically the same thing....

THREE people who i just had to mention:

*one girl was wearing loose jeans with suede patches, orange sneakers, two tanks layered (white and turquoise), a crazy fluoro baseball hat, and an equally crazy belt..
this woman looked nuts...but SO COOL! effortless and confident in her style. i've never seen anyone pull off crazy colour so well!:flower:

*one of my coworkers from montreal. Jo Annie was wearing a simplest grey tank dress with a black wide belt and black crocherted flats. she is SO CUTE! very well-groomed and fresh!

*another woman was wearing a vintage striped kimono dress (nicely sun-bleached) with a suppled leather belt and flat shoes! she was so natural, like a goddess!
this is how it should be! LOTS of different styles, but all so CONFIDENT AND EFFORTLESS! i wanted to hug them all.:lol:
:clap:

I would say do it and judt hug them. But that may seem weird.

this was THE BEST outfit i've ever seen in my life..the entire look was perfect, imo.

this was a 6' tall asian girl..very pretty
first of all..her haircut was very cool..kind of like a vidal sasoon bowl combined with a mullet, very sharp! she also had the most amzing make-up..jsut a tinge of red on her temples.

she was wearing a big oversized sweatshirt. it was very creative, with a geometric cutout in the back. apparently her ex-boyfriend made it.
that..she paired with wool pant cut-offs and flip-flops.
she also carried herself in a very dignified way..
i could'n stop complimenting her!

Pastry said:
this was THE BEST outfit i've ever seen in my life..the entire look was perfect, imo.

this was a 6' tall asian girl..very pretty
first of all..her haircut was very cool..kind of like a vidal sasoon bowl combined with a mullet, very sharp! she also had the most amzing make-up..jsut a tinge of red on her temples.

she was wearing a big oversized sweatshirt. it was very creative, with a geometric cutout in the back. apparently her ex-boyfriend made it.
that..she paired with wool pant cut-offs and flip-flops.
she also carried herself in a very dignified way..
i could'n stop complimenting her!

Sounds amazing!:heart:

I saw the best dressed girl at the library of my university today..

She wore a voluminous dress with long sleeves and black/white pattern, I think it is this one. It stops just above the knee.
Also, she wore a pair of black knee-high slouchy/loose prada-ish socks with a tiny bow -- leaving just few centimeters of skin between the socks and the dress.
Lastly, she wore a pair of repettos made of glitter.

and her hair was jet black with assymmetrical cut bangs.. :woot:

I wanted to tell her how amazing she looked.. but, well, I was afraid I would come off as too creepy. I'm so glad I went to school today ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->