M

Muse_Views

What do you COLLECT?

Scarfs
Jewelry
Shoes
Couture
ETC.

-I collect contemporary hand-made semi-precious jewelry.

I collect shoes and bags :D I could open a store and sell all my bags and shoes and become a millionaire. hahaha no just kidding but I have a lot of them... according to my boyfriend.. too much

At the moment the only collection worth mentioning is my dvds... But I'm pretty sure I'll have a lot of shoes as soon as I start working full time.

Scarves
Bags
Shoes
Hats
Shirts

Everything really. I struggle to get rid of things that I can wear in some form or other

Scarves
Bags
Shoes
Hats
Shirts

Everything really. I struggle to get rid of things that I can wear in some form or other

Sound a bit like myself, though I am actually curious about the range and types of fashion objects that people 'systematically' collect.

^Do you have a sort of pattern of things you collect? I mean I tend to buy the same thing in different colours. I bought the same trench coat in each of the 6 colours it came in ^_^ It's like I'm stuck in some sort of collecting rut,I should branch out haha. If its a silk printed scarf,I'll have it. I don't care if I don't like the pattern,I just NEED it :smile:

^Do you have a sort of pattern of things you collect? I mean I tend to buy the same thing in different colours. I bought the same trench coat in each of the 6 colours it came in ^_^ It's like I'm stuck in some sort of collecting rut,I should branch out haha. If its a silk printed scarf,I'll have it. I don't care if I don't like the pattern,I just NEED it :smile:

Oh, yes! So, do I! I suppose, for me, it is because I don't really have that much time to shop and when I see something that I like and I know suits me - or my collection - then, yes, I hoard!

It also means that I have a particular aesthetic mind sense during any given period, hence, I tend to be attracted to certain types of forms: e.g. transparent jewelry ... silver bracelets ...and, Oh, dear, silk scarves, at times in Pastel blue only, for example.

So, it comes down to an emotional/sensual response to design...in different times (I hope this makes sense)!

i had collected clutches and bags for some times ...
still am a little .......
for instance yesterday i bought a leather simple black briefcase. but i had to buy this small brown crocodile vintage briefcase and a vintage suitcase ....

I've accumulated handbags, scarves, bracelets, and I'm always on the lookout for over the top accessories I can wear for belly dancing ^_^

Although I try not to "collect" anything (for me, it's just a step away from hoarding), there is a large wicker basket in my room stuffed to the brim with different scarves. Patterned scarves, vintage scarves, chiffon scarves--name a scarf; I probably have it. And yet I still seem to have trouble finding one which matches my outfit every day!

Up until a month or so ago, I would neatly fold the daily newspaper and place it on top of a towering pile, but that became an increasingly large fire hazard until I finally, reluctantly, tossed them. See what I mean by "hoarding"? :wink:

Silk scarves
Ties
Shirts
Royal Memorabilia
Silver nick-nacks
Mirrors
Perfumes
Jackets...

i used to collect stamps when i was younger. that all stopped around 15-16 but i'm happy to know that that stuff is worth several thousand dollars now and rising

Mostly shoes and Custo Barcelona clothing. I don't know why I love Custo so much, but I can't stop buying their stuff.

Brooches, have about 60
Scarfs, have about 40
(and non-fashion: miniature greek statues)

Scarfs, lately. I've noticed my collection has been growing at a rapid rate in the last year. And hats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->