Grooming: Picture perfect from head to toe

Thanks for all the replies. Bel, the shine serum is a good idea. My hair looks healthy and in good condition, but it does need help with shine.

As for my nails I usually go with a soft carmel color which works well with my skin tone; just can't always get the work done. I do make sure though that my nails are always very neat and I have become mildly obsessed with wearing moisturizing gloves and socks for 30 minutes evey evening. I want the skin on my hands and feet to be in good shape.

When someone looks as though any movement which might disrupt the perfectly calibrated drape of their hair, clothes, etc. would send their world into chaos, it unnerves me somewhat. :lol: It's far more appealing when slight messiness remains an oversight, rather than a crisis, in my opinion... :ninja:

Agree completely ^_^ Jackie and Audrey had public personas. I think a different level of attention is appropriate when you know the whole world really is watching. The whole world is not watching me, thank God :lol:

I do not want to make light of your question, but it is hard to be perfectly groomed unless it is either your job or you do not need one. That said with some planning and the sacrifice of half your weekend it can probably be done. I will offer the caveat that I am far from perfectly groomed it just takes too much commitment for me.

The first thing is to set up a schedule, and I would suggest working your way into it so you don't get overwhelmed, for instance start booking regular hair cuts and get something classic that suits you, then once you have committed to maintaining your hair cut and have the styling down to something bearable every morning add something else. Actually I would say go for regular eyebrow threading first, the most precise method in my opinion, and certainly the biggest bang for your buck. I'd say perfect maintenance would look something like this:
Haircut every 6-8 weeks
Facial every 6 weeks
Massage every 4 weeks, optional but good for that calm poised look I think
Waxing every 3-4 weeks
Eyebrows every 3 weeks
Mani/Pedi every week, polish optional (easy to do this one for yourself)
Great skincare everyday, mask once a week (also easy to do at home)
Whew, that is a lot!

As far as clothing goes being prepared ahead of time is the secret. Try planning your week over the weekend so you have time to clean, press and check everything for repairs. I suppose you could do this each night, but if I am going to iron I like to do it all at once. Polish your shoes.

I would like to be regularly well groomed but in my case once a week has to do :blush: Well groomed look can realy lift a not oh-so clothes :rolleyes: when I am lazy and do not feel like wearing something more elaborate than a shirt+trousers+sandals.
So mani/pedi every week otherwise I do not feel sexy, washing hair every two days - on the day after hair I simply wear it in ponytail which holds better then, shaving legs and so on let's say every 2-3 days (with unshaven calves I just wear trousers!:doh: ). My BF says he does not like too groomed girls :blink: but I like to look nice and fresh for myself!

I do not want to make light of your question, but it is hard to be perfectly groomed unless it is either your job or you do not need one. That said with some planning and the sacrifice of half your weekend it can probably be done. I will offer the caveat that I am far from perfectly groomed it just takes too much commitment for me.

The first thing is to set up a schedule, and I would suggest working your way into it so you don't get overwhelmed, for instance start booking regular hair cuts and get something classic that suits you, then once you have committed to maintaining your hair cut and have the styling down to something bearable every morning add something else. Actually I would say go for regular eyebrow threading first, the most precise method in my opinion, and certainly the biggest bang for your buck. I'd say perfect maintenance would look something like this:
Haircut every 6-8 weeks
Facial every 6 weeks
Waxing every 3-4 weeks
Eyebrows every 3 weeks
Whew, that is a lot!

As far as clothing goes being prepared ahead of time is the secret. Try planning your week over the weekend so you have time to clean, press and check everything for repairs. I suppose you could do this each night, but if I am going to iron I like to do it all at once. Polish your shoes.

Cool, thanks!

Haircut every 6-8 weeks
Facial every 6 weeks
Waxing every 3-4 weeks
Eyebrows every 3 weeks
Whew, that is a lot!

For picture perfect, I'm thinking you would need to step it up quite a bit from this. Wouldn't you need a professional blowout every day or two for picture perfect? Certainly celebs have their hair worked on much more often than 6-8 weeks, which I would consider a quite human level :lol: Lately I've been getting my hair cut every 3-4 months, which I think is quite long between cuts, but I had it left longer last time, so it's going to be more often now ... I touch up my pedicure more often than once a week ...

Oh, and you forgot color & getting that touched up ...

I believe that guys who feel the need to look rather perfect get their hair cut every 2 weeks or so, maybe more ... I imagine women with very short precise cuts cannot go for more than a month between cuts, and that's probably stretching it, esp for picture perfect ...

For picture perfect, I'm thinking you would need to step it up quite a bit from this. Wouldn't you need a professional blowout every day or two for picture perfect? Certainly celebs have their hair worked on much more often than 6-8 weeks, which I would consider a quite human level :lol: Lately I've been getting my hair cut every 3-4 months, which I think is quite long between cuts, but I had it left longer last time, so it's going to be more often now ... I touch up my pedicure more often than once a week ...

Oh, and you forgot color & getting that touched up ...

I believe that guys who feel the need to look rather perfect get their hair cut every 2 weeks or so, maybe more ... I imagine women with very short precise cuts cannot go for more than a month between cuts, and that's probably stretching it, esp for picture perfect ...

This is a rude response to my honest attempt to be helpful.

^i think fashionista-ta was just trying to give her view and was not trying to be rude. i'm sure many found your response helpful as well. =)

i think.. as long as you have nice clear skin,
all you need is a hairstyle and clothing that suits you to look perfect from head to toe

that's all i really think about when grooming.
cuz like for example some fabrics or colors look terrible on me and then others make me look polished and clean
it's effortless...

i dont think it was a rude response at all.. in fact it just enhanced yours giving extra tips which are certainly relevant.

eyebrows is an absolute must, always pluck stray little hairs!

i think polish is necessary if you are completely going for picture perfect. However, being groomed per se does not necessarily mean polish.. neat and tidy and clean would suffice!

also make sure all clothes are clean and stain free.. creases and an obviously wrinkled look also isnt good.

I think some of the keys to looking polished all the time would be:

-Clothes that fit you well. This always makes an outfit instantly look better.
-Well groomed eyebrows.
-Well groomed nails. They don't have to be polished, just as long as the edges are neat and they aren't stained or anything.
-Clothes and shoes in good condition.
-Well done hair. It doesn't have to by styled to within an inch of it's life, but I think generally having it in good condition, no split ends and not having two inches of roots showing would do it. And a colour that suits your skin tone.
-Clothes in a colour that suits your hair and skin colour.
-Your attitude. It's a rather old cliche, but having confidence does do wonders for you appearance. (I really should try to do this myself. But I find it harder than any of the others.)

Last edited by a moderator:
is it a must for a guy to have his eyebrows plucked too? or is it overdoing...

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with guys doing their eyebrows. If you're not quite comfortable with the concept, maybe just do in between your eyebrows.

It opens up the face and creates a much neater look. I wax in between the eyebrows for several guys in my life, and they all like the results. It's not something that's noticeable like, say, wearing eyeliner, but the general effect is just neater.

As for it being a must, I think it's really a personal call. Guys do tend to be able to get away with looking that bit scragglier, but it is nice to see two eyebrows instead of one big one.

I definitely think one celeb that always seems to pull the "picture perfect" look so well is Victoria Beckham. She's always so polished, even when she's snapped in pics grocery shopping or something.

woohoo, 700th post!

priestess I'm thinking about it because mine are quite messy lol... But I am just scared of it looking like I am wearing makeup or like I drew my eyebrows
I've noticed it on some guys... I think prettier guys (like some with softer faces) can pull it off well
I wouldn't want to do just in between...I want to do under and above too ^_^

If you want to do under and above, I say go for it. As long as you find an experienced eyebrow stylist with an excellent reputation and you communicate to them exactly what it is that you want, there shouldn't be a problem.

One of my friends is a beauty therapist, and half of her clients are guys. Almost all the guys get her to do their eyebrows and quite often their bikini. However my friend is quite phenomenal when it comes to eyebrows, she's the only person able to tame mine.

So, you may want to ask your waxer if they have experience in working with men's eyebrows as the hair can be coarser and harder to pull out.

And part of the looking well groomed thing is, I think, basic personal hygiene. Bad breath and bad B.O. ruins how perfect a person seems once you get up close to them. Though unfortunately it is something to many of us have trouble with, and not due to lack of hygiene.

thanks pogi, priestess

i hear threading is much faster than plucking and maybe less painful
my eyebrows point naturally down, so sometimes i think i look mad :doh:
so i'm hoping i get them straightened kinda like how mary-kate o. wears hers now :rofl: i think it looks much sweeter like this

Does underwear count? I know that this is something people wouldn't notice but would you say a person who looks perfect on the outside but wears granny panties for instance, is well groomed? Perhaps I'm asking this question because I like comfortable (not necessarily granny) underwear :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->