What do you do with your fashion mags?

I take the pages I like then I give them to my mum or friends...

I collect several magazines (e.g. Vogue Germany, ELLE Germany, InStyle Germany). Others which I don't like that much (but cannot resist buying) are thrown away regularly.

I keep the ones that I especially like and the rest I eventually throw out once they start to build up. Sometimes I rip out interesting things too; I'll either make a collage for my wall or put them all in a folder.

I still have almost every magazine that I've ever bought except for those couple that my friends have taken and "accidently" never gave back.

I get it from work... I keep it for a year then have it recycle B)

I keep them forever! i love looking back at how the trends change from season to season... :smile:

I "collect" or buy regularly FRUiTS, i-D, Tokion, Real Simple (guilty pleasure) and then buy various home decor and fashion (int'l and domestic) ones here and there. I don't know what to do with some though. I think I should just cut pages out of the ones I don't LOVE to go back to time and time again and just recycle the remains.

I've been saving some. That's so I have reference for drawing and sometimes cut out and save stuff. If the magazines a good one I'll leave it intact for future reading.

I'm the biggest pack rat ever. I have a lot of various magazines stored in plastic bins or drawers. I finally ran out of room, and now I'm probably going to do the following:

- throw them away/possibly recycle them
- donate them to local schools
- keep the pages/magazines I want
- sell them on eBay
- I give the newer ones to my cousin for his dental practice's waiting room

I keep them if they're of interest, & I use some of the pictures for collages. Then I recycle the rest

most of them i cut out for various projects/collages and throw the magazine out within a year.
But I plan to keep my Paris Vogues since they're imported and crazy expensive for me. Although I did end up cutting up a few $15 magazines before so i don't know how long I can resist keeping my Vogues intact. :P

I used to keep Italian and French Vogues because they are too expensive for me, but they took up much space so recently I started to cut them off and collect some favorite ads and all editorials in each file.
However I still don't cut expensive magazines such as Numero, POP and 10, which I want to keep and read/see over and over.

I save them. They're too beautiful to be thrown away or even given away. :lol: I often lend them to my friends though... But I get a little protective of them!

Here is an idea (I don't know if we can do this?) If you going to throw them away see if someone on the board wants them. Let them pay postage. It beats having them end up in a landfill. I know I would love either British or Canadian cast offs.

Oh god, I just keep them all on my shelf. I really need to do something with them...

OMG!! I just tore up dozens of them...(maybe more...:(blink: Took out the ads and good articles and trashed the rest!! I now have a few magazine boxes (like you put on the shelf) with just the good stuff!! And, of course, the ads go into page protectors and binders (eventually...:huh:) And I can now find an ad or article if I want it... So I feel like I made big progress, especially since I had two bookcases full of mags!!:o :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep my magazines totally intact. They're too expensive to rip pages out of :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm moving into college dorms soon, and these magazines have to go! Arrrgh!

I want them to go to something worthwhile though, not just the dumpster. Does anyone here know if old fashion magazines (from about 2004 until now; all in good condition, aside from the occasional missing page.) can be dontated to, say, women's shelters or art schools?

Any other suggestions? How do I find charitable places to send old magazines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->