What is Your Favorite Restaurant in Your City?

Antonio Carlucci's Neal street resturant, London. I do love mushrooms :innocent:

Cool thread, I'm glad it got revived, I'd never come across it.

So, here it goes:

NYC

Sushi: - Blue Ribbon (yea, yea, I have to try Tomoe, but the lines scare me)
Japanese (non-sushi:( Next Door Nobu - cheaper and no reservations accepted
French: - eeh, my biggest secret, but anything for you guys! Jean-Claude in SoHo, amazing and inexpensive.
Seafood: Aquagrill
Brunch: Tartine, Odeon (forget Balthazar and Pastis, so fake)
Crepes: Le Gamin, Palacinka
Bar/Food: Bar89
Breakfast: Kitchenette
Sandwiches: 12 chairs in Soho
Lunch: Duane Park Cafe (can't beat their $20 pri fixe)

And if you are ever in Glasgow,

GAMBA is the BEST restaurant I've ever been to in my life, PERIOD.

having a love affair with tryst (which technically is a lounge) in dc

San Antonio

Paesanos: The most delicious Italian food- angel hair pasta with butter and garlic sauce :heart:

Marios: Awesome Mexican food- hot sopapillas with brown sugar and warm caramel sauce is the best thing I've ever eaten.

Pappasitos: more fantastic Mexican food

Jims: The food is mostly mediocre- except for the tortilla soup, which could be mistaken for gourmet it's so good. Great diner atmosphere.

Chipotle: I know they have these in Austin too- maybe all over the country? Huge burritos!

San Antonio doesn't have that many great restaurants :unsure:

Smolinski's in London is nice. I used to like sticky fingers, but I think its not there anymore. Anyone near High street Ken can tell me.

Tong Por :heart:

Their Diem Sum is the best...... Though I love other restos as well. I love buffets : La Stanza, Casa Corfu.....

I also like Bol D'Or and Amir (their pitas are yummy!).

It's not in my town but I love Matteo's of Howard Beach.....next to my grandmother, they have the most incredible Italian food.

Also, Millie's Place in Great Neck was good, but they closed that location and I don't like the other one.

In Punta del Este:

- Los Negros
- Cantón Chino
- Il Postino
- Cipriani
- Hacienda Las Palomas
- La Bourgogne

in Charleston

The Boathouse. We go there at least once a month. Best seafood/view in South Carolina! I have some great memories with my family there also..
04_01a.jpg
breach-out.jpg

Also like The Noisy Oyster, Dunleavy's, Banana Cabana, and Shem Creek bar and grill.

Brighton: Zafarelli's
Guildford: Auberge
Irvine, CA: Bistango
Laguna, CA: Zinc Cafe

my fave restaurant closed...
it was korean food...
now i like 'do wha' (pronounced doe-whah)...on carmine...

also cafe colonial on houston st...
cafe gitane on mott st...
frank's(italian)-2nd ave
le zinc-tribeca
bread-spring st

i like casual cafes and bistros...nothing too uptight or fancy...it gives me indigestion... :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 4 2004, 04:41 PM
my fave restaurant closed...
it was korean food...
now i like 'do wha' (pronounced doe-whah)...on carmine...
[snapback]321675[/snapback]​

Yea, that place is good? It's right by me, I always pass it by. Is it expensive? I love korean BBQ.

Originally posted by faust@Aug 4 2004, 04:43 PM
Yea, that place is good? It's right by me, I always pass it by. Is it expensive? I love korean BBQ.
[snapback]321677[/snapback]​

can we please go there?!?!...i have no one to go with anymore...(used to go with the ex...)
one night when you guys get a sitter?...it's not super cheap...but it's reasonable and VERY good..!!!
do you know woo lae oak in soho?...i think it's MUCH better and about 1/2 the price...
a nice vibe...very relaxed...and the food is DELICIOUS...!!!!
:heart: :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 4 2004, 04:48 PM
can we please go there?!?!...i have no one to go with anymore...(used to go with the ex...)
one night when you guys get a sitter?...it's not super cheap...but it's reasonable and VERY good..!!!
do you know woo lae oak in soho?...i think it's MUCH better and about 1/2 the price...
a nice vibe...very relaxed...and the food is DELICIOUS...!!!!
:heart: :flower:
[snapback]321681[/snapback]​

Deal. I will ask Yelena and get back to you.

yay!!!...that would be so cool...and then i get to meet the lovely yelena....at long last... try to be very convincing ...ok?!?!??? :wink: :lol: :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 4 2004, 04:56 PM
yay!!!...that would be so cool...and then i get to meet the lovely yelena....at long last... try to be very convincing ...ok?!?!??? :wink: :lol: :flower:
[snapback]321694[/snapback]​

I usually am :wink:

San Antonio doesn't have that many great restaurants :unsure:
[snapback]247884[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I visited San Antonio a few years ago with my family. I can't remember the name of the Restraunt we ate at but it was very good.

I couldn't believe how big Texan asparagus is! :o :wink:

Hawaii-
Honolulu - Phuket Thai - yummy in mah tummy
Haleiwa - Rosie's Cantina - AMAZING mexican restaraunt

Florida-
Melbourne Beach - Cantina Dos Amigos - the absolute best friday night pre-party restaurant.
Melbourne - Makotos

blue water grill - good lobster

tao

sushi samba

diva

coffe shop - union sq.

spice

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member