What is Your Favorite Restaurant in Your City?

As You Like It said:
My favorite is The Blue Koi in the Westport district of Kansas City, MO. You can get BUBBLE TEA here!

In the same district, a bubble-tea shop and juice bar recently opened, and I think when the weather gets a little warmer, I will bike down there and check it out.

A good friend, who is much posher than me, adores40 Sardines in Overland Park, KS. I've never been there yet, but Cynthia swears by it. She's a very knowledgeable foodie, so I will take her word for it, and pass the word along.

In my neighborhood, there are a lot of Vietnamese and Mexican restairants. Huaracheria Lopez is excellent, Taqueria Mexicana is great, my husband likes Super Pollo, but mainly because it has an amusing name and a large advertising sign of a rooster in a Superman costume. For Vietnamese, Pho 97 is MARVY and Nguyen's Lunchbox is a good bargain for--wait for it--lunches!

Down by where I work, I sometimes go to Lulu's Noodles or Max's Noodles for a treat, though normally I bring my own lunch.

AYLI, you might have saved my life. I jsut moved to KC and I NEED bubble tea. I'm so happy I can find it, now only if i can dig out a decent thai place.

Since I live up north in Kansas City I do'nt get the benefit of Midtown restaurants. :0(

Kato for sushi is great

And I love Taqueria Mexico if I get down to Southwest Boulevard.

If I feel like paying an arm and a leg, Zin is pretty tasty (especially their sorbet)

I used to live in Paris, and I LOVED going to the Cafe Medeleine!!! It's a tad expensive, but worth it!!! (and it's right next to Burberry, for a little afternoon shopping.)

I gotta say I love Cozy's Soup and Burger on Broadway. Great diner food. Veniero's is good for desserts. Try the choc. chip cannolis. The black and white cookies from Ray's on 3rd Ave and St. Mark's are great too. The pizza from Two Boots and Grimaldi's in Brooklyn is fab.

In hong kong..favorite??..hmmm Well I don't think I have a favorite , as so many are really good.

Kuala Lumpur (used to live) I'd say Mango Tree and this Thai restaurant in bangsar...but can't think of the name. Several food stalls in Mont Kiara were very good and dirt cheap!

In OC..it has to be this biker's place called Cook's Corner.

Great fried food, great ambience and the beer always guarantees the most interesting conversations.

And in SF, I love this Italian restaurant called the Washington Square Grill along Powell...

on Södermalm in Stockholm theres is a cheap and not so clean indian restaurant named INDIAN STAR. it's cosy and therefor cool. i love it.

I can't narrow it down to one. Here's my list:
Montfort's
East Side Mario's
Jack Astor's
Hooters

Hong Kong:

Sushi Shota - Best Japanese food in Hong Kong hands down. I'm sure it's surpassed Ginza and Kaetsu was left in the dust a long time ago! Just ask for a seat at the sushi counter and ask the sushi master to hook you up with the freshest fish available that day. You can eat Akagai, Toro, Mirugai, the giant shrimp (similar to Amaebi but it's much much bigger i forget the Japanese name) and all sorts of whelks and shellfishes, and the price is quite reasonable considering what you get, about $100 USD a person.

Yung Kee - Famous for roast goose, you must try it if you ever stop in Hong Kong! As for what to go with the goose, I recommend the Lai Fun (glassy looking noodle...similar to vermicelli but thicker and looser/more slippery).

Tse Kei (there's no English name so I just did the English pronounciation of the Chinese name) - One of the few places left in Hong Kong where you can get amazing fish ball, fish cake and fish skin dumpling noodles. Actually IMO it's the best I've ever had in my life. You can always buy their fish ball/cake/etc... by the pound if you want to take out and use it for hot pot. It's a bit remote, but definitely worth it.

Phuket - A small Thai joint on Robinson Road in Mid-Levels, I don't know if the restaurant is still around, but if it is I *highly* recommend this place. Basil chicken, spicy vermicelli salad, grilled fish in tin foil are all excellent.

Spring Fall Hotpot - Decent restaurant for hot pot, but the price is not really worth it as you end up paying an arm and a leg for what is basic food. However if you are just visiting town then I suggest this place for the unique Hong Kong experience that is communal hot pot. It's cleaner than the hot pot joints along Kowloon City area.

Not many good inter-continental type restaurants around here...I haven't bothered trying a lot of the new ones like the strip along Soho area. I just stick to mostly Asian food when I'm here.

Apparently Alain Ducasse opened a restaurant in Tsim Sha Tsui, so you can check it out if you're a fan of his, although he seems like mostly hype based on what i've seen/heard about his Paris establishments. I actually wish I got to check out his predecessor Joel Roubichon's famed restaurant back in Paris when it was open in the 90's, and I heard that was the real deal! But I digress...

there are alot of good food in Singapore but I get bored eating Chinese food once a while.

I guess my favourite for now would be a Middle Eastern restaurant -

Cafe le Caire in Arab Street, Singapore.

They open till 4 am and you can smoke their hookah (seesah) pipes too!

butbeautiful said:
there are alot of good food in Singapore but I get bored eating Chinese food once a while.

I guess my favourite for now would be a Middle Eastern restaurant -

Cafe le Caire in Arab Street, Singapore.

They open till 4 am and you can smoke their hookah (seesah) pipes too!

My firm just opened an office in Singapore. If I ever get sent there, I'm going to hit you up for some recommendations :D :flower:

Reza's is one of my favorites in Chicago. :smile: Yummy Med. and Persian food. Last Friday I got chicken kabobs (marinated in lemon juice) and grilled mushrooms. Yuuuum.

I'm originally from Guam, but now living in LA.

Guam:
-Capriciossa: Best Italian in the world, ok...maybe in Italy there's a better restaurant. But so far, this is the best for me.
-Carmen's Cha-cha-cha: Named after me. Just kidding. Great Mexican food for a relatively small place.

Los Angeles:
-California Pizza Kitchen: I love the Chipotle Chicken Pizza A LOT.
-Afloat Sushi: It's has the rotary sushi bar. And fabulous sushi.
-Porto's Bakery: Good desserts and pastry. Their sandwiches are perfect for lunch.
-Empress Pavillion: Very authentic dim sum.

Southern California
Villa Sorriso in Pasadena - great ambiance, delicious italian
Five Crown in Newport Beach - prime rib & salad to die for
Lawrys Prime Rib in Beverly Hills - YUM!
Sushi Go 55 in Los Angeles - the freshest sushi I have ever had
Sushi of Naples in Pasadena - the 2nd best sushi place, they get the textures perfect here
Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles in Long Beach - comfort food
Mustard Deli in Irvine - great salads & sandwiches esp the proshmotto and mixed berry salad
King's Fish House in Long Beach - awesome calamari

Bay Area
Little Lucca Deli in South San Francisco - the garlic sauce is their signature
Fook Yuen in Millbrae - my favorite dim sum spot
Stacks in Burlingame - long wait, but worth the banana wheatgerm pancakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back