What Magazines Have You Bought/Received Recently?

violet100 said:
The March InStyle Weddings has Mariska Hargitay on the cover. Maybe they mean the reg InStyle?

nope, must be the next issue (maybe in the summer)...they definitely said "InStyle Weddings" on ET...

maarit :lol: yea, they could be divorced by then...:innocent:

LibertyRose said:
vogue_adriana_lima.jpg

Adriana Lima on the cover of Mexican Vogue, Feb. 2005

Because it doesn't looke like Adriana makes it so cool.

i-D February 2005, some boy shot by Alasdair McLellan

251.gif

V Magazine January/February 2005, 200 models shot by Jason Schmidt

Attachments

• v33.jpg
    v33.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 15
Vogue España Jan 2005
Soccer player Ronaldo and girlfriend/wife on the cover.

Inside... a rather large Tetyana Brazhnyk editorial entitled 'Heavy Metal':woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
huh, that's a huge disappointment! i haven't seen this cover so far, but if they are putting soccer stars on the cover now, it can only go downhill from there.....
whatever happened to quality? i feels more like tabloid these days, not vogue at all.

Seventeen March 2005 Hilton Sisters

f9_1_b.JPG

So far we've got Debra Messing for Marie Claire and the Hiltons for Seventeen, any ideas who will be on the other March magazines?

^ick. Should they put somebody famous for being in a p*rno on the cover of a teen magazine for 12-year olds to idolize?

Who have the review of Vogue-Fr Febraury thanks in advance

id is original but somewhat dull
mexican vogue is nice though
seventeen>>>i ll simply shut up
Gisele's covers, well something abt them i dont like

Nylon Feb 05 Cover

right_col_03.jpg

Cute...anyone know who it is? You can see more from the site, nylonmag.com.

Thank you liberty,one of these days I'm going to learn how to do that.:blush:

model_mom said:
Thank you liberty,one of these days I'm going to learn how to do that.:blush:

You're welcome, model mom :flower: .
These are the procedures for image-posting:
1) Right-click on the image that you want to post.
2) A bar of options should show up. Choose "Properties," which is typically the last option listed.
3) Once you choose Properties, the URL of the image should show up. Highlight the URL and copy it by pressing the "Ctrl" key and the "V" key at the same time.
4) When you post on our forum, choose "Go Advanced."
5) You will see two lines of options atop your posting space. On the second line, click on the icon that is the second from the right. It is the one that is bounded by a square border and has a mountain-esque thing in it. When you mouse-over the icon, it should say "insert image."
6) Once you click on the "insert image" icon, a bar should pop up, asking for the URL of the image. You can paste the URL that you have previously copied by pressing the "Ctrl" key and the "B" key at the same time. The image should appear in your posting space after you select "Okay".

I hope that helps, and thanks for the link again!

Last edited by a moderator:
kimair said:
Jan 05 Vogue Italia cover from Ebay:

d8_1_b.JPG

the cover is supposedly Missy Rayder, Caroline Trentini, Hannelore, Julia Stegner and Shannan Click, with a 35 page ed inside with more models.

I think a poster asked for a review of the Jan. Vogue Italia...

This is the Gucci dress, styled in 6 different ways on the cover:
00060f.jpg

Advertisements:

7 pg Blumarine w/ Shalom Harlow. Bad.
2 pg Dior w/ Elvis's granddaughter. Also bad.
2 pg Prada w/ Diana Dondoe. As much as I love Elise, Diana looks best here), and 2 pg Prada w/ Shannon Click, who looks like Karen Elson in one pic and Elise in another
2 pg Gucci w/ Natasha Poly. Testino's last two brilliant Gucci campaigns have taught me to expect more.
3 pg Dolce & Gabbana w/ Marija and then some. Opinions on this will be split. But one image shows a topless Marija holding a snakeskin bag. Very hot.
1 pg Chanel eyeglass w/ Erin Wasson (diff image from US magazines). I've had enough of Erin recently.
2 pg Miu Miu w/ Ludvine Sagnier (actress from the quirky whodunit Swimming Pool). Retro, cute, yet not a sell-out. It's kind of worrisome that Miu Miu has used actresses in two campaigns straight.
2 pg Celine w/ Missy Rayder in blue dress. It's a beautiful image that did not differ significantly from Michael Kors' direction. Celine's new designer (what an odd choice) changed the style of the clothes but hasn't had the power to mess up the brand's campaign yet.
5 pg Anna Molinari w/ Mariacarla Boscono. Photographed evocatively. The reason why I bought this magazine. It won't run in US publications.
6 pg Roberto Cavalli w/ Kate Moss. A grower. Includes the bent-over ballerina pose.
2 pg Versace w/ Madonna. Apparently the designers were too busy with the clothes to pay attention to Hollywood. Madonna is on her way out. Such a waste of this season's glamourous clothes.
2 pg Jil Sander w/ Lily Donaldson :yuk: Why Donaldson, and why the harsh photography? I will miss Jil as a designer though.
1 pg Cesare Paciotti w/ Missy Rayder. She's having a successful campaign season (Celine, Armani, Paciotti) but after the beautiful (albeit commercial) images of Jessica Miller and Angela Lindvall, Paciotti took a wrong turn and went back to doing "affair" campaigns which they had always done. Hm, are they suggesting that only a girl with a sugar daddy can afford their shoes? There are only so many ways to shoot a partially clothed woman and a man in a dark hotel room.
5 pg Rolex w/ Mini Anden and Karolina Kurkova and other unidentifieds under water. I love seeing Mini but not as a blonde. And Karolina, though still a fixture on the runway, has seem to fallen off the face of high-end campaigns.
2 pg Valentino w/ Gisele Bundchen. Mario Testino is competing with Mert & Marcus of Missoni to see who can make Gisele a better bronze goddess.
1 pg Missoni w/ Daria. So many things wrong, but I will begin with the bleached hair. BTW, they're really pushing the hat. At least the clothes are nice.
4 pg Alessandro Dell Acqua w/ Mariacarla Boscono
2 pg Moschino w/ Guinevere
2 pg Alberta Ferretti. Bring back Paolo Roversi please.
4 pg Gai Mattiolo w/ Michelle Busworth
1 pg Sportmax w/ Linda V. & Heather Marks. Cute and airy.
2 pg MaxMara w/ Marija by Craig McDean. Marija is the model of the season (among Gemma and Valentina), and McDean is my fave photographer, but her silly expression prevented this campaign from becoming a classic.
Back cover: Giorgio Armani w/ Karen Elson. This is a beautiful campaign and salvaged the boring collection. Judging from the casting I would guess that Meisel shot it.

Now, the much hyped 70-pg tabloid-styled editorial includes everyone on the cover plus Amber Valletta, Hana, Liya Kebede, Isabeli Fontana, and some unidentified. Not only that the models were not air-brushed, they barely had makeup on either. In spite of showing the (predictably) harsh faces of Amber, Missy, and Hannelore, this is a brilliant mockery of celebrity. Style-wise, it is spot-on: Juicy jumpsuits, uggs, cowboy boots, bare foot (take that, Britney!), dress over pants, studded belts, army jackets, tube dresses, oversized shades, ethnic jewelry, thongs hanging out, and the pregnant belly and entourage should provoke a laugh or two. Celebrities that immediately come to mind: Madonna, Kate Moss, Sienna Miller, Kate Hudson, the Olsen twins, Mischa Barton, Pam Anderson. My complaint is that the styling was inconsistent. The ed should be styled like the cover, which managed to make the clothes look desirable. Also, not enough "It" bags--celebs would wear Birkens and Vuitton's cherry bags when they take out the trash. It may not have achieved much stylistically, but it was very funny.

I also got Feb. Italian Flair, with Eva Herzigova on the cover. Will try to find an image later.

Noteable ads which were not in Vogue Italia:

2 pg Chanel w/ Daria (pristine)
2 pg Gucci w/ Natasha Poly (focus on the monogram bag)
1 pg Kenzo w/ Jessica Stam
2 pg YSL w/ Karen Elson (just who approved of this??)
2 pg Miu Miu w/ Ludvine
2 pg Hermes w/ Gemma Ward (gorgeous, suits her so well)
2 pg Salvatore Ferragamo accessories (still don't know who the model is)
1 pg Valentino w/ Gisele Bunchen
1 pg Lancetti w/ Rianne
1 pg Moschino fragrance "I Love You" w/ Heather Marks
1 pg Bulgari fragrance w/ Missy Rayder

Editorials:

*Eva & Eva: Eva Herzigova photographed by Terry Richardson. Find it pretty lame, sorry.

*Flower Power: Natasha V. by Alix Malka. Aptly titled.

*Forme: black-and-white editorial featuring a girl who resembles Cameron Russell.

*Miami, Estate: Luca G. and Jacquetta Wheeler by Tesh. Colorful, but short.

*Colore: Another editorial to sing praises of colors, feat. a girl that I can't identify.

*Un'Idea de Bianco: a group of blondes having fun under the sun, with all wearing white. Pretty lame.

*Beauty ed with Tiiu, photographed by Don Flood.

Verdict: Nothing extraordinary, but then It Flair has been 'off' for the past eight months or so. Bought it b/c of my love for Jacquetta.

LibertyRose said:
You're welcome, model mom :flower: .
These are the procedures for image-posting:
1) Right-click on the image that you want to post.
2) A bar of options should show up. Choose "Properties," which is typically the last option listed.
3) Once you choose Properties, the URL of the image should show up. Highlight the URL and copy it by pressing the "Ctrl" key and the "V" key at the same time.
4) When you post on our forum, choose "Go Advanced."
5) You will see two lines of options atop your posting space. On the second line, click on the icon that is the second from the right. It is the one that is bounded by a square border and has a mountain-esque thing in it. When you mouse-over the icon, it should say "insert image."
6) Once you click on the "insert image" icon, a bar should pop up, asking for the URL of the image. You can paste the URL that you have previously copied by pressing the "Ctrl" key and the "B" key at the same time. The image should appear in your posting space after you select "Okay".

I hope that helps, and thanks for the link again!

Thanks, I copied that and now I'm going to practice till I get it right.:flower:
Then and only then will I be back with pics.:P

Nippon Vogue March

vn.jpg

Romantic Sailor - looking good! :woot: looks like Julia S on Nippon Vogue!

Helena Christensen on the cover of Vogue Italia, Feb 2005.

See more here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=280&item=4523624182&rd=1

Jan. German Vogue w/ Jacquetta Wheeler on the cover in Jil Sander (pic has been posted) was good. It has several pictures with Tiiu throughout.

Debated for 5 min. about whether Paris Vogue Dec-Jan was worth getting. It had Marija and Cameron (shot by Craig McDean) and a nice Daria denim ed, but decided not to at the end. Despite the gorgeous cover, I am just not a fan of Sofia Coppola or Lost in Translation for that matter.

As I said on the Julia Stegner board, that Vogue Nippon March cover is glorious. Balenciaga rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->