What to wear on a date

lovespell

Reaction score
So my ex boyfriend called. :flower: We ended on really good terms, but haven't spoken for awhile. I've been thinking about him ALOT lately, and what do you know, he calls me!

We're having dinner tomorrow night (Chinese), and then heading over to his friends house. So not only do I get to see him after a long while, but I will be meeting new people.

It's to cold for a skirt or dress, but all of a sudden my sweaters seem to frumpy. I have a ton of girly, subtly sexy tank tops and camisoles, but they seem too bare. Blah. I have nothing to wear.

Any idea's? Post pictures, and maybe I can recreate something....?

What color is your hair? How do you wear it? What about skin color?
Do you have a pic? Where is your b/f taking you to?

PS Yes, sweaters I think would be out of the question!

Well, I have light golden brown hair, pale skin. I'm pretty boring with my hair. Usually I wear it down, let it air dry. Or put it in a ponytail.

We're going to a new chinese place that just opened up, and then to a mini party his friends are having. Sorry, no pic. I don't have a digital camera.

My suggestion:
*red -short- dress
*warm coat on top of it
*chopsticks to wear your hair up
*nice red lips/some black simple eyeshadow

I'd suggest something chic yet elegant.
one nice and simple top in burgundy (or other colors you like wich match the whole look), a tweed mini skirt (or a pleat, or some other kind of skirts having texture to them), a pair of black pointy over-the-knee boots, a slim cut coat in black or grey (at knee length).
haha, ok this sounds like something I normally wear :P
it really depends on your normal style, age....etc.

or something like this :heart:

Attachments

• Chanel_SuitBoots.jpg
    Chanel_SuitBoots.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 12
and

Attachments

• Chanel_BlackSuit.jpg
    Chanel_BlackSuit.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 27
also this
(how cold is it in the winter? it's not that cold here and I'm able to wear like this during winters, with a coat of course :wink: )

Attachments

• ChloeByStellaMcartney_Fall01_Pret_a_Porter.jpg
    ChloeByStellaMcartney_Fall01_Pret_a_Porter.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 12
It's pretty cold here. It's only 2 degree's above zero right now, and tonight it will be even colder. I really like the black pants outfit, cause I just bought black pants some almost identical.

I do have a burgandy top! I just bought it. It's like a thin sweater, but so loosely knit that it's see through, and underneath it is a sheer tank top.

I also just bought a pale yellow silk tank top with pale pink roses on it, and trimmed in lace. I have 2 cardigons I can wear with it. A pale yellow one, and a pale pink one with pearl buttons.

I have 2 to-the-knee boots. One black suede, and then one a dark carmel colored leather. I also have a pair of pale suede calf high boots that lace up in the back with chocolate colored ribbon. And then a pair of those lace up heeled "hiking boots".

Originally posted by lovespell@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 11:57 am
It's pretty cold here. It's only 2 degree's above zero right now, and tonight it will be even colder. I really like the black pants outfit, cause I just bought black pants some almost identical.

I do have a burgandy top! I just bought it. It's like a thin sweater, but so loosely knit that it's see through, and underneath it is a sheer tank top.

I also just bought a pale yellow silk tank top with pale pink roses on it, and trimmed in lace. I have 2 cardigons I can wear with it. A pale yellow one, and a pale pink one with pearl buttons.

I have 2 to-the-knee boots. One black suede, and then one a dark carmel colored leather. I also have a pair of pale suede calf high boots that lace up in the back with chocolate colored ribbon. And then a pair of those lace up heeled "hiking boots".
those sound nice! :wink:

I'd choose the burgandy top. let's see...match with a sliver or black silky dress with some ruffles? I'm into everything feminine :P and then the black suede boots!

as for that pale yellow top with pale pink rose, I'd suggest you a black cardigan.

For me it's normally a DVF wrap dress with stilletos and chandelier earrings. That sexy look seems to work well ALL THE TIME for me. I ge so many compliments. The look is just dressy enough for slightly formal dates and just casual enough for casual nights out or even a picnic (I'd just kick off my shoes!). If I must say, I look D A M N good in a wrap dress :lol: I've got the curves to fill out that type of dress. Now if the first date is somewhat unorthodox (like rock climbing at chelsea piers) I'll adjust to dress to what we are doing.

For something like dinner and a movie, I'll do nice dark lowrise jeans, a silk cami trimmed in lace, a little shrug and kitten heel black sandals or something like that. Comfortable but sexy.

For a nice restaurant, I'd do a simple black dress in matte jersey or modal and some pointy black pumps or bare sandals.

If we've decided to meet somewhere casual, like a mutual friend's house party or a coffee shop or casual restaurant, I might do jeans and a couple of layered tees with cute shoes or a simple cashmere sweater and pumps.

i agree with the classic black dresses with classic earrings and heels. there are so many variations of this. don't like dresses? wear great black slack, black top, heels. things like that. but i do think it's way important to be as comfortable and as much like you as possible. ya know?

I'm a big fan of pants for first dates. Something about wearing a dress or a skirt on the first date just opens up... too many options :ninja:

So I go with black pants, cute top and some fab shoes. Nothing too lowcut, flashy or complicated.

Originally posted by TheSweetest@Aug 29 2004, 01:59 AM
but i do think it's way important to be as comfortable and as much like you as possible. ya know?
I agree. Something that you feel confident and comfortable as yourself in.

It really depends, but most of my first dates are pretty casual: Lunch/Dinner at a cafe, down near the beach...etc so I usually wear simple dresses (eg: brown cotton boob tube dress/knee lenght) and some flat shoes.. wooden style flip flops or the like!

Originally posted by Dixie@Sep 4 2004, 10:37 PM
I agree. Something that you feel confident and comfortable as yourself in.
[snapback]356753[/snapback]​

2nd.

Just something that I feel great in and myself in-usually a mini usually with ballet flats or flip flops and something casual and cute on the top :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->