What to wear on a date

I just wear something that I think flatters my figure and isn't too sl*tty, which usually means my favorite jeans, some chunky heels (they look less sexual than narrow heels but they still give me that extra length) and a nice shirt/sweater depending on the weather. I don't tend to add too many accessories. Maybe stud earrings and two rings or something like that.

i like to wear a burlap sack on a first date.

Generic Mcboring outfits just aint my thing :smile:

Curious said:
Two totally different ballgames imo...

ballgames on the first date? geez, he will think you are easy....at least wait till the third date :innocent:

First Date Outfit?

So many people here are super stylish, so I was wondering if I could ask for some suggestions for a first date. I'm 24, and my style is a mixture of feminine and bohemian but not too trendy. Thank you!

Where are you going and what are you doing on the date? What's the weather like where you are?

Its freezing here and going to snow tomorrow a little bit. We are going to an early dinner and then who knows? I would say not totally casual, but not formal either.

since it's cold, better dress for the weather! wouldn't want to be freezing, that would be no fun. also, is the restaurant you're going to fancy or casual?
i think a skirt and shirt would work perfectly.. add some opaque tights and a pair of heels and you're good! layering, i think, would be key, so under the shirt a camisole maybe, and under your coat maybe a cardigan/sweater? a pashmina can double as a scarf for when you're outdoors and something to wrap around your shoulders inside..
of course, you should be totally comfortable in what you're wearing! try different looks and see what works.

ew. i hate snow. :angry:

i like this look A LOT. (i was putting something together in photoshop but then i found this look.. and it's similar to what i was putting together)

with a coat like this over..

akany2001912867_prod_medium.jpg

mikec2003613203_prod_medium.jpg

i think that'd be perfect for a first date.

Great ideas! I'll wear my grey pashmina as a scarf/wrap. Now the outfit above is a bit hard to make out because of all the black, is that a tunic with leggings and boots?

of course, you should be totally comfortable in what you're wearing!

Yes, I think this is the most important - when you feel comfortable and confident in what you are wearing you look the most beautiful. :flower: Wearing something that you need to adjust and that makes you fidget reflects on your overall "personality" as far as first dates go. :doh:

strategicly placed whipped cream and strawberries :shifty:

seriously tho, i think guys should wear something that combines both comfort and good looks. a good pair of jeans, either sandals or drivers (or even slip ons) and an oxford shirt. if it's a tad bit more formal or upscale, throw a blazer on top. a well cut pullover is perfect for casual dates. a hoodie when it's a date by the water.

always make sure to smell good!

this thread is sad...no one ever posts in it!!!
doesn't anyone on this site go on any dates?!?!...:judge:...

we need more pics...
more ideas...

i am going to add some stuff here...
maybe it will inspire some people to get out and find their one true love!!!...

:heart:...

:P

Attachments

• apc dress all black.pdf
    214 KB · Views: 48
what do you guys think about a woman wearing a blazer on a date?...
it that too 'formal'?...too business-like...
does it say...'don't touch'...
maybe it's better for lunch than for drinks?...

i don't know...
thoughts...?

..sartorialist.com

Attachments

• 2nlrbzrzo1.jpg
    2nlrbzrzo1.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you look like her ^ you can wear whatever the hell you like :D. I wouldn't wear a blazer though, unless I was balancing it out with a mini.

I don't date, I hate the whole idea of 'dating' and tend to do the English thing where I manage to have relationships without ever going on dates before. However, a friend of mine is basically a professional dater and has very strict advice on first date (daytime or early afternoon) attire:

1. Wear a flattering minidress, but dress it down with a long cardigan and tights so you don't look like you're trying too hard, or are high maintenance, or care too much.
2. Never wear very high heels, ballet flats are better for first date.
3. Perfect hair.
4. Subtle make-up.

we need more pics...
more ideas...

omg i bought this dress last week!!!! :heart::woot::flower:

softgrey - you can totally wear a blazer on a date....depends on what you wear with it.....

ahh ha...helena...
i LOVE that dress...they don't have it at my apc
:(...

i do have something similar that i got at topshop awhile back...
but i would love to have that dress...
lucky you!!!...
:flower:

uberwench...you are funny...
and so is your friend...:P
'strict rules'...

^_^...

we need more pics...
more ideas...

People here spend too much money on clothes to have anything left over for dates :lol:

what do you guys think about a woman wearing a blazer on a date?...
it that too 'formal'?...too business-like...
does it say...'don't touch'...
maybe it's better for lunch than for drinks?...

i don't know...
thoughts...?
Blazers are fine as long as they're not:
1. cut like a business blazer
2. combined with anything that would suggest more work than play. Business attire for women, doesn't evoke a very appealing image, aside from the secretary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->