What to wear on a date

^ Jeans sounds good, and if it were me, I'd wear walking shoes ... you can get ones that look like a cross between ballet slippers & walking shoes that I like. You don't want to look like the chick teetering around in wooden platforms at the zoo :wink:

...or you can just wear ballet flats. Mine are comfy enough for walking for many hours.

^ Ballet flats are notorious for having no support though ... People are going to start to think I'm obsessed with support ... never mind, you'll find out why :P

Ta-ta, I'm beginning to think you are, teehee. I'm onto you.

^ Actually I've been thinking about it lately :wink: I've been going barefoot alot since I've been working at home, and my feet don't seem to like it. I nearly started a thread about it :ninja:

^ Barefoot, ouch! You must live in a really clean/tidy area, other than getting sore feet from the roughness of the pavement (and the fact that I'm such a klutz I'd end up stubbing my toe and killing my toenail or something!) I'd be so scared of stepping on glass or sharp bits of litter or whatever. I do agree on ballet flats giving no support though - although I do live in them virtually! - , one of my friends is a waitress and she says its far more comfy to wear high heels for her 6 hour shifts than ballet flats

(Sorry, this is totally OT!)

^ I have hardwood floors, and do my best to keep them free of broken glass and sharp bits of litter :wink:

My ballet-style walking shoes are Ahnu (ahnufootwear.com) ... the company seems to have nice crunchy values :wink:

^ Actually I've been thinking about it lately :wink: I've been going barefoot alot since I've been working at home, and my feet don't seem to like it. I nearly started a thread about it :ninja:

I think if you have high arches, wearing ballet flats and/or frequently going barefoot is not so good....Mine are quite high, and i find walking in **ballet flats far less comfortable than in high heels. It can be downright painful, in fact. :ninja:

**ironic, since the high arches served me well when i was a ballet dancer. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I do in fact have very high arches. Certain shoes where the vamp comes up high have me almost screaming in pain, just trying them on. Much better than flat feet though :innocent:

I'm fine in ballet flats, as long as I alternate with shoes that have better support.

I am also thinking, though, that a guy who asks you out for a walk is going to be making certain observations ...

Put it this way, if it were my suggestion and the guy showed up wearing Prada polished to a high shine, I would be reaching certain conclusions :innocent: I.e., likely vain, impractical, perhaps a bit short on the common sense, not used to spending much time with Mother Nature, etc.

thank you guys, I think I'll wear flats :flower: mine are very comfortable :smile:

what do you think about wearing jeans for a date? I'm going for a walk with him tomorrow and I don't know what to wear :ninja:

you know, I know what to wear on a date in restaurant, pub, cinema etc, but a walk?! I think I'll go more causal... maybe pale pink top, skinny jeans and wedges? :huh:

Jeans are fine for day/walking dates.

it's funny though...
cause i always think of a 'date outfit' as some sort of skirt or dress...
kind of like a job interview...but more feminine....

Agreed.

I think I have pretty much non-existent arches, so I have a lovestruggle with heels.

This applies to any kind of dates: just be yourself and don't pretend you are another version of you... i mean if you care about the date if not go for anything that you think the other people might like but to me that's just a cheap ad

i think heels are a must for me for any dinner date...
i live in a city where walking is the norm, so pretty much all my heels are realistic and i don't own shoes i can't walk in...
so no issue there...
:P

i guess it's good to show off your figure without wearing anything skin tight...
i think men appreciate the curves of a woman...
so you shouldn't hide them completely...
^_^

I have a sunday lunch date and have no clue what to wear. I feel bored look at anything in my closet. Help me!
A figure hugging pale pink dress seems excessive and a black dress would be entirely appropriate for the day. Am lost.

a mini skirt and boots with a low heel sounds cute for sunday afternoon...
heels low enough that you can walk around for a little while after lunch if you decide to...

:flower:

I've been dating quite frequently since coming to Paris, but never really gave this topic a thought. But it's spring, maybe it's time to start.

I just wear what I normally wear, but on the feminine side...soft or pretty colors, hide-and-seek decolletee or shoulders or even back. I often wear layers...a cami under a roomy cardigan, pretty necklaces and rings and tons of bracelets, full skirt and flats or boots.

I don't do glamorous, I don't do stilettos, I don't do little dresses. I have extra long hair and an hourglass figure so I feel it doesn't go with such looks unless I want to look like Nicole Scherzinger. Which I don't:doh:. But girlfriends recently have been telling me I should show off my figure more, and I'm looking for ideas to get out of my comfort zone and try something new...

...the other day I took a huge plunge and wore a l/s sweater, cutoff hotpants with starry tights and studded badass punk boots to go dancing...with an entourage of guy-friends to cover me of course, lol! (They couldn't believe their eyes but then loved it :lol: )

Anyway...looking for inspiration...:heart:

Help!

I am really struggling with what to wear on a date tomorrow night.

Background:
- We met on match.com so I really don't know this guy terribly well yet.
- Our first date was at a local, pub type place where we played pool and had wings. I wore cute dark jeans with a bit of a flare, this black top, and basic heeled sandals with my hair up in a twist. The date went really well.
- Our second date is very different than the first! We're meeting for drinks at a local bar that has been described as very "hipster." I've not been there myself, but it's in the arty part of town. After drinks, we're going to dinner at a new, trendy Thai place in the same area.

What do I wear? I was thinking maybe this retro-ish black cotton sheath dress with white polka dots, but I'm not sure if that fits with the semi-grungy hipster bar. And then if I do wear it, would heels be too dressy? I'm not usually a flats girl, though. Do I wear pants instead? Really struggling with this one. Any suggestions would be helpful!

^ Yeah, I would dial it back and go more casual than the dress you describe ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->