What to wear on a date

People here spend too much money on clothes to have anything left over for dates :lol:

that is exactly why everyone SHOULD date...
to have some place to wear all those great clothes!!!

:lol:...

this seems like a good classic option...
jcrew.com

Attachments

• j crew blk shiny mini.pdf
    241.3 KB · Views: 47
I've always thought it was a fine idea
to wear Rick Owens to a taqueria.

ahh ha...helena...
i LOVE that dress...they don't have it at my apc
:(...

i do have something similar that i got at topshop awhile back...
but i would love to have that dress...
lucky you!!!...
:flower:

^_^...

I got it in Urban Outfitters in Glasgow. :woot::wink:

ah nice to see
never seen this thread tbh !!!!

ok ... a challenge !

i'm seeing back my bf (after a 4 months !!!!! seperation / NOT a break-up !)
.... next week

what to wear ?!

ok here is the challenge cause you'll have to think with some * casual * stuff from my closet :

jeans (black/blue)
moc' (brown/black/different shape)
shirts (different colors)
tshirts (different colors/shape : yellow, red, grey, black - vneck etc.)
pull-over (different colors/shape)
bow-ties
denim jacket
blazer (blue + grey jacket with a pied-de-poule or is it -de galles- ? + black tuxedo jacket)
differ. access.

work it out !
thanks !

* i'm not exactly skinny ! not skinny thingies ! the only skinny pants i got is a raf simons aw08-09 pants ! BUT NO skinny jeans !!!! work on the shape ! my style is very casual ! i can go edgy but you need to take all the parametres ! just wanna be a little something special for our fist day together ! not TOO chic chic ! *
tips on just how to shake something from this wardrobe is welcome !

Last edited by a moderator:
BerlinRocks, what´s a moc? Also in what setting are you seeing him? It´s so hard without images to see shapes and proportions and whatnot. P.S., I´m seeing my s.o. after nearly 4 months of separation too. It´s been over a 100 days already without him. How is that possible?

So in my case, I´m seeing him in an airport at 4 in the morning and so that I can get there without paying for a really expensive cab, I might have to get there hours before. So I´m thinking about wearing his pyjama bottoms that he let me borrow (there´s another reason they would be a good idea too). Normally I wouldn´t be caught dead in pyjama bottoms in public. And then a fitted long-sleeve top, black I´m sure. I´ll have to find the one I have in mind. I haven´t seen it in maybe a month or two. Then I´ll wear the heart necklace he gave me before I left and probably my black & blue cardigan. Shoeswise, I´ll have to figure that out. I hate my selection. It´s definitely lacking. Obviously this is more like a pseudo-date, but it´s along the same lines.

^i can't take him at the airport ... so i'll see him for a drink (and more :wink:)

imo if you chose the pj option you should add something more edgy with it !! heels or a cute-chic top or a beatiful clutch ! ... don't wear it sloppy, add a belt (i imagine this is bigger size than yours) and maybe a little jacket ! the cardigan remains too much in the 'pj' state of mind ...

* i'm with you ! it's terrible not to see your bf for SO long ! *

i guess my outfit would depend on the weather too (and the weather is crazy those days where i do live) - idk yet but it's gonna take hrs to figure it out !

BR- if i were you...
this is what i woudl wear...

blk jns...
blk shirt w/stars
blk v nk sweater over shirt
blk shoes...

very chic with a little special pop ***stars***

good thread!

so tough to figure out what to wear on dates...
especially at the beginning when you don't know the person so well..

don't want to be overdressed or under-dressed...

*re: the blazer... i think you can definitely wear one on a date but i think the slouchier blazer styles would be easier to pull off...
anything too structured could end up looking severe or stiff to a guy if he's not too fashion savvy :P

Last edited by a moderator:
^i can't take him at the airport ... so i'll see him imo if you chose the pj option you should add something more edgy with it !! heels or a cute-chic top or a beatiful clutch ! ... don't wear it sloppy, add a belt (i imagine this is bigger size than yours) and maybe a little jacket ! the cardigan remains too much in the 'pj' state of mind ...

* i'm with you ! it's terrible not to see your bf for SO long ! *

Actually the waist is so tight it fits me too haha. I never thought about it before. Well his waist is really toned and my waist is fairly small too. Hmmm. Yea I'm gonna have a cute little purse with me, and my stuffed seal to lean on (from him). His pyjama bottoms aren't as bad as it sounds. They're black and grey. So yea i'll carry my cute black little purse. Def my purple scarf for the weather.

Honestly, I prefer over-dressing in general though. I would rather go to the taqueria as someone said looking killer than in sweats and sneakers.

blk jns...
blk shirt w/stars
blk v nk sweater over shirt
blk shoes...

oh oh what a great memory !
the shirt is profound blue i guess it can give the black change (not sure it makes any sense in english) ...

one good option i'll sure try on !

thks !

milada...rolling the pajama bottoms could make them a little cute and more 'street friendly'...

BR- i think that the navy is even better than all black...
more chic....more french actually...
i always think of french people when i think of navy and black together...

^_^...

^It is.
^^Then we should have an accompanying sub-thread titled "Cheap date ideas" :lol:
we totally should...
it should be in Heart and Soul...

maybe it's there already- i haven't checked...
but if it isn't...i seriously suggest starting one...

:flower:

how about something like this?...
*too edgy?

style.com

Attachments

• 11m.jpg
    11m.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 32
^ I love that. Beautiful lunch-with girlfriends look. But it's probably too much fabric for a man to fully understand. Women get that look because it's so effortlessly cool yet just edgy enough, etc. A lot of men don't pick up on subtleties like that. Unless he has a very well developed aesthetic in which case he's an exception and normal rules don't apply.. :D

I went on a date! First date, late, to a bar, I wore:

-American Apparel black and white mini dress, bodycon
-white chanel J12
-black opaque tights
-black mid-heel shoe boots (very! important because you have no idea how far they'll make you walk and stumbling around in pain is not conducive to conveying Ultimate Confidence Goddess of Sex and Loveliness vibes)
- undone hair

Showed off my figure without actually showing much skin or being desperate, smart and monochrome enough that I didn't look like a floozie next to a guy who'd just come from work, just just casual enough that I didn't look like I'd gone to a MASSIVE effort for this guy who might have been a twerp.

He was not a twerp. Second date I wore:

- agent provocateur underwear
- louboutin-alike heels
- a smile.

:D

soft i like it ^_^
you can always lose the scarf to show a little more skin at the chest/throat area when you sit down to dinner/at the bar or wherever the date is...

and even if he doesn't "get" it, the outfit is fashion forward (and something i feel like i could definitely see you in)...
and since fashion is a big part of your (or anyone on this forum really) life then he should be able to appreciate the fashion sense...

plus, the shoes are hot and have a sort of bondage aspect to them that any man can appreciate :brows:

i would lose the glasses for the date though...
don't know if you were including those in the assessment of the outfit :P

it's funny though...
cause i always think of a 'date outfit' as some sort of skirt or dress...
kind of like a job interview...but more feminine....
:ermm:...

maybe i am just terribly old-fashioned...
:lol:...

what do you think about wearing jeans for a date? I'm going for a walk with him tomorrow and I don't know what to wear :ninja:

you know, I know what to wear on a date in restaurant, pub, cinema etc, but a walk?! I think I'll go more causal... maybe pale pink top, skinny jeans and wedges? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->