What to wear to prom or homecoming

I'm in a similar situation..I'm trying to find my grad dress! I'm beyond stressed out and have been searching for monthes..I'm really picky! I love that first pink chanel dress..if only I could afford it! I also have the option to have my dress made but I'd have to figure out what style I want first...*sigh* :ninja:

I think I finally have my grad dress figured out..:buzz: I had a talk with my mom and she's going to help me make a replica of the pink chanel dress!!!! :woot: Now I just have to find matching Manolo's or Jimmy's... :wink:

Originally posted by pinkcouture@Jan 27th, 2004 - 3:05 am
I think I finally have my grad dress figured out..:buzz: I had a talk with my mom and she's going to help me make a replica of the pink chanel dress!!!! :woot: Now I just have to find matching Manolo's or Jimmy's... :wink:
Sounds wonderful! Let us know how it turns out... :flower:

Have you tried looking on bluefly? They have some dresses by BCBG, ABS (who is great for copying looks from award shows), Vera Wang, Ralph Lauren Black Label and such... I don't think any of them go past $900. It may be hard to find any in a size 2, but it's worth a shot.

I love the vintage yellow chanel dress.

Maybe I will order my dress of ebay instead. :innocent:

Originally posted by D&Gurl@Jan 27th, 2004 - 6:39 pm
Have you tried looking on bluefly? They have some dresses by BCBG, ABS (who is great for copying looks from award shows), Vera Wang, Ralph Lauren Black Label and such... I don't think any of them go past $900. It may be hard to find any in a size 2, but it's worth a shot.
Would you really pay $900.00 for a prom dress? I'm not being critical, I'm just asking. :flower:

Originally posted by chanel_girl+Jan 25th, 2004 - 9:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chanel_girl @ Jan 25th, 2004 - 9:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lovespell@Jan 25th, 2004 - 5:18 pm
Oh I could cry for all the beautiful dresses! They are all so lovely. :cry:

Hmmm, I wonder...maybe if I never bought another item again, I could save up for an amazing designer dress for my senior year. Maybe not such a well known designer...

Is it possible to buy a beautiful evening gown for under say, $700? :ninja: I mean, how much money are we talking here?
Under 700 hmmm......go for Diane Von Furstenburg or vintage or whatever you like :flower: If you would want to buy prada or chanel ysl etc. it would most likely be 2000 up [/b][/quote]
I agree wiht Chanelgirl...Diane Von Furstenburg has some beautiful dresses that are quite affordable...i know she sells some stuff online and check YOOX.COM...they have tons of discount designer dress....there was a nice Roberto Cavalli floor length dress for about $400...they are obviously from a few seasons ago but beautiful nevertheless

I'm really not into the dresses with the frilly bottoms...It just isn't my style.

When I had my senior prom, I went shopping at a store called Special Occassions Fashion. They had awesome dresses. I bought three of them because I was unsure of what my mood was going to be like on my prom day.

In the end I chose the blue one. I loved it. I didn't see anyone else at my prom with a dress anywhere near close to mine. (I think it was the beginning of the one sleeve fashion as well)

jenny4.jpg

ahem ressurecting the old topic..

.. i don't love the idea of prom just the idea of being dressed up

and i'm on prom committee so i kinda have to go :wacko: well not really...we'll see

i want this dress but i don't want to spend 300 dollars on it!

well the more i look at that dress the more i don't like it.....ughh i'm always this way!

i wish this were the REAL chanel

i sort of fancy something with a big bow on it a bit like...

http://edressme.com/bigbow.html

...but not really

something long and i don't know...more fashionably than my other choices...for a good price..

hahahah i'm so easy to please aren't i??

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and i want to say that i luv ur site! I'm very into fashion, and everything, so I come here almost everyday :wink:

Anyway, my mom made me a prom dress that looks like this:

dresssample.JPG

I want to add some beading, or flowers to it so that it's not so plain.. but i'm not sure what to do...

can anyone help me out?

oh, and i know the body looks kinda weird in the pic, but thats cuz we haven't sewn on the zipper yet

THX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->