Who designs the Accessories ?

Samuele Falli is now at Yvs Saint Laurent, heading the footwear department
Elizabetta Fernadi doing the shoes at Dior.
LinkedIn is your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
My bad! Thanks for the correction :smile:
Off to LinkedIn I am....

Linkedin is so great to get an insight into the industry. For instance, I didnt know tha MartynBal heads up the menswear departments at Versace AND Margiela (and his own label too). Or who the senior designer at Hermes or Givenchy are, what they did before. So great.

Thought it might be an important one. Simonetta Ciampi doing accessoires at Prada.

Eric Gallais is the handbag designer for Yves Saint Laurent in the late 80s. Later, he designed bags for Albert Elbaz, Heidi Slimane (both for YSL Rive Gauche). With the arrival of Tom Ford, Eric became senior designer and collaborate with Ford and Pilati creating, with Simonetta Ciampi, the bags collections.

source: eric's linkedin

Now he has his namesake brand in Paris.

Shaun Leane - Alexander McQueen (Jewelry)

The jewellery is designed in house. Leane contributes a few pieces a season, but had not been really attributed with designing the jewellery since A/W 2006.

He did collaborate this for Fall 2009.
tumblr_lxnpq6uVTK1qegjzao1_500.jpg

littleaugury.tumblr.com

but hasnt really done anything since. Most show and commercial jewellery is overseen by Sarah Leech.

but hasnt really done anything since. Most show and commercial jewellery is overseen by Sarah Leech.

Ive been told she does the shoes so maybe she oversees all the accessoires?

Ive been told she does the shoes so maybe she oversees all the accessoires?

She does yeah. She is the English counterpart to the shoe designers in Milan.

Nicholas Kirkwood - Peter Pilotto

he also works with Erdem, Paco Rabanne and Prabal Gurung, i'm not sure with season though.

manolo blahnik worked with jason wu and zac posen for one season.

in 2012 f/w, mr louboutin's shoes appeared on the runway of michael van der ham, holly fulton and jenny packham. in 2012 s/s for alexis mabille and alexander vauthie. still i'm not sure whether he specially designed for the brands or not...maybe they just used his shoes in the runway..:innocent:

^Alot of the time they just use the shoes in their shows by Louboutin, but they collaborate with him on it, because regardless of which shows they are presented in, the shoes are still retailed as Christian Louboutin, not under the brands name, as opposed to when Guiseppe Zanotti designs for Balmain, they are sold as Balmain by Guiseppe Zanotti, if that makes any sense at all :rofl:.

^already posted at #11

Myriam Schaefer : designer of Balenciaga City bag. She is working for Giorgio Armani now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->