MET Costume Institute Gala 2014: "Charles James: Beyond Fashion"

Not sure if these were posted:

Stella Tennant, Katie Couric, Lily Donaldson, Monica Bellucci, Colin Firth and Livia Firth

rexfeatures

Carmen looks Gorgeous. Love her.

There is something really wrong about the fact that that 'thing' got to wear a custom made Lanvin gown while Diane Kruger was stuck with... Hugo Boss?

Hugo Boss is designed by Jason Wu. He and Diane are BFFs so that will be why she was paired with HB.

Stella! Her necklace looks very interesting; wish I could see it up close.

So I've given some thought to what my favorite looks of the night were after reviewing them again this afternoon and I've decided that my favorites include....

Janelle Monae (She looked stunning and I love that she's still wearing her 'uniform')
Ashley Olsen (An absolute highlight of the night for me- the best Chanel is vintage Chanel!)
Lupita Nyong'o (The reason why it's on my list is because Lupita just sells it, she makes it look amazing. It's a tricky look to pull off but she does so and thus she makes it onto my list for being a risk taker.)
Taylor Swift (Loved this pink gown, it's very her, as well as a nice homage to Charles James.)
Erykah Badu (she just looked so bad*** and I don't think anyone else could have worn it and gotten away with this look.)
Victoria and David Beckham (best looking couple of the night... as always.)
Liu Wen and Arizona Muse (for taking the theme to heart and wearing jaw-dropping gowns.)

I think if people wanted to stick to the theme it was pretty easy to do so, so while it wasn't anything 'challenging' or 'risky' like last years Punk theme, I do think it was a beautiful redcarpet. So many people turned out in their best and looked amazing and I didn't think that there were too many missteps.

I love the one who at least tried to look exquisite and glamorous in gowns or ballgowns though Ball gowns wouldve been more to theme, but its ok. But I think mini dresses, cocktail dresses, even though nice, shouldnt be here. You have other places for that. This is the place where you bring the action & amp the drama.
Lupita's look is daring, eye catching, but I beg to differ I dont think she pulled off this one. Not her fault though, Prada made her wear it.

Cant deal with Kara & Stella McCartney. Come on now, you know you can do better than that. Even Topshop made an effort to be respectful. Unforgivable.

Funny comment seen: Zoe Saldana in Michael Kors looked like she wore a tank top on an Ikea comforter.

Favourites:
Karolina Kurkova, SJP, Naomi Watts (so luxe), Olsen Twins, Fei Fei Sun, Lauren Santo Domingo, Greta Walls, Beyonce, Adele in Prada, Solange, Tabitha Simons, Bee Shaeffer (didnt they put that gown on Fei Fei in the new Vogue?),Emmy Rossum, Dita Von Teese, Liu Wen,Monica Belucci, Erykah Badu.

Favorite

-Victoria B
-Naomi Watts
-Kate Bosworth
-Florence Welch
-Karen Elson
-Leighton
-Zoe Saldana

Carmen looks Gorgeous. Love her.

Hugo Boss is designed by Jason Wu. He and Diane are BFFs so that will be why she was paired with HB.
Oops, totally forgot about that. :doh: I've never been the biggest Jason Wu, anyway.

I did like her dress though.

So many look so terrible. These designer clothes just don't translate to non 6 feet walking skeletons.

Most look frumpy and overwhelmed by what they're wearing. They're not wearing the clothes, the clothes are wearing them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->