Why Are You Into Models?

Originally posted by loserunit@Jun 20th, 2004 - 3:07 pm
i like models...because well. hmm...i just like beautiful women

but i've been thinking about it a lot more and don't think of me differently but
the idea of being with a model is appealing because for lots of school i felt like a nobody
and to be accepted by someone like a model or celebrity, or being a celebrity yourself, just sort of always appealed to me.

i was thinking one of the reasons i was so driven is so that i could prove myself to everyone in school that popularity and all that bullsh*t doesn't matter.

but i'm happy with myself now and i guess i just still like models. some guys like trains...i like models.

but i like people with brains better. so if a model is smart ...well then...BAM. :heart:
:o :( Aww that made me feel sad. I hate it when people at school just make you feel that way. Sometimes I feel like that too. I wanna do something wonderful so I can laugh back at the people who have hated me. :flower:

I like models because well they are just beautiful. I used to not but I like fashion and when you watch fashion shows a lot the models just start to grow on you.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Jun 21st, 2004 - 5:47 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (purplelucrezia @ Jun 21st, 2004 - 5:47 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by *DrAma*@Jun 21st, 2004 - 2:51 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia
@Jun 20th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
It's pretty simple, actually. :ninja: I just like looking at beautiful people.

I dont think people look at the face of models,high fashion models especially most of the time, I think its basically based on body structure(height,thinness etc).
Personally, I believe that physical beauty is a combination of both facial features and body. And yes, the faces of high fashion models are given equal priority as well. That's why they're used for advertisements and editorials as well as runway.
It's about the entire package. [/b][/quote]
no, I don't agree. I think as long as someone fits the body of high fashion model more then likely they will be signed regardless of their face. I think designers etc want the women or men who bodies fit just like they have planed them to. I think many high fashion models arent that attractive and they just put a lot of make up on them.

I basically find them interesting. Enough said. :wink:

My obsession started really late - with Gia. The reason it took me so long is that where I grew up there seemed to be a correlation between idiocy, unsophisticated/uncool/booring plain idiocy, and interest in fashion (well, you know 'fashion'). I also had some political prejudice against full-fledged beauty worship.

I'm not fascinated in models - per se - I'm interested in the images. However, when a model has the knack of making virtually every image she appears in drop-dead-gorgeous I'm smitten. So far, I have found that there is no current photographer who can make his images work with any model - Testino or Craig McDean come rather close - but there are a handful of models who appear to be able to create magic with any photographer.

I agree with the whole 'I like looking at beautiful people' thing and it doesn't make me feel jealous or want to change myself in anyway. I think its quite easy to relate to these girls as well, as they are so young, some the same age as me, yet they lead such different lives. This is interesting to me and also the concept of 'what is beauty and what makes a person beautiful. Also, when you look at a lot of shows, editorials, adverts, covers you begin to recognise the models and I just got interested in who they were, where they were from etc. They are like celebrities but they have a mystery to them too.
Sorry this is so long but it is an interesting question!

hey thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.. when I started posting in fashion forums a few years ago I thought no one else would be interested in models, only guys or something, but I see people from both genders and many different reasons.. by the way it started as a "quirky faces only" policy but these days i'm into all types of models, from Fernanda Tavares to Britni or Colette.. thanks again :wink:

To me models are just for the campaigns, eds and ads---bascially to advertise the clothes, and they also serve as inspirations for the designers. most people like models because they simply apprecite beauty, why not?

I just find them extremely beautiful and thin. On the streets u hardly see a skinny girl like that...but on the runway it looks great.
Ana Claudia was the first model I ever noticed..but then it was Natalia's turn to become my favourite.

Now, I'm not so interessted in models.

Why Do You Like Models?

I am asking this question because a few nights ago an annoying guy asked me "Why do you always have models in your msn name?"

I replyed with "Because I like them...just like you'd like surfers..perhaps?"

he then said"But surfers are differen't they actually do something and surfing makes you feel good, what have models done? What do they do, besides pose for photos?"

I then answered with some stuff about fashion and art and stuff..I wasn't very witty that night, so it wasn't that great.

I want to be a model..but there is a big possibility that wont happen so I don't tell many people that. What can I tell people when they ask me that question, without sounding like an idiot?

I'd like to know why YOU guys like them too..this isn't just for me.
:flower:

because they are unreachable, beautiful, surreal, inhuman, wonderful...everything you aren't
(at least in fashion shows and photos...while they are modelling)

cournalie_clash said:
because they are unreachable, beautiful, surreal, inhuman, wonderful...QUOTE]
there's nothing to add! That's exactly what I wanted to say!

Do you want to be a model for all the reasons couralie_clash listed? Just curious...I can't understand why soooo many young girls want to be models?!

anyways..back to the topic.. :smile:
I am interested in modeling and models because the pay is great and you get to travel, meet new people all that kind of fun stuff, and popular models get to experience all that. I like to read and watch interviews etc to see what its really like. I dont really look up too models as inspiration and I cant understand why they get paid so much but Im still really into the behind the scene model life.

LoL!

'Because surfers actually do something'. Even though some people are gorgeous they still don't photograph well - posing and modeling is an art form - sort of "still acting" or "still dancing". You can certainly argue that it is more intellectually challenging to try to discern what a photographer wants and try to project the feeling (or assume the pose) that the photographer wants than it is to kick a ball around, or surf a wave or whatever. Sports, acting, dancing, singing and modeling are essentially on the same (not very) intellectual level. I think the reason modeling is perceived as something for idiots is because models take direction all the time from the photographers. This makes it look like a very passive/submissive occupation. Not many seem to think about that an actress/actor does the same and quarterback s and all team players too. Only when an actress/quarterback is skilled and revered enough can they take things into their own hands and have significant input on the progression of their work. My conclusion is that because models are young, gorgeous women they are perceived as dumb and passive (which I'm sure they are sometimes). But there is nothing about the occupation in itself that makes it inherently any more inactive than those I mentioned above.

I like models because their sheer beauty just inspires me - it makes me feel happy! Just like a beautiful work of art, a beautiful child, a beautiful flower or a beautiful cat makes me happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Modelling is a form of art. it expresses things, without the use of words. It can express hate, without swear words. It's a form of language, and me, being an artsy person, especially appreciates it.

Because they're pretty...
Because unlike the stereotype, they are smarter than all the actors and popstars combined...
Because they go through hardships as well...
Because they represent a dream...
Because they can evolve to suit society's needs...

They constantly change! I would love to be dressed greatly and the next day completely changed!! I hate monotomy, so I adore to see how a particular model can variate her style without changing her personality.

it's weird...
I often feel embaressed when people start questioning about my small-time hobby...dunno, maybe it's just because it's considered such a superficial thing?
But just like iluvjeisa it really do makes me happy looking at these beautifull girls...!! And unlike a lot of people I don't feel jealous...only inspired and uplifted..

but then again, I'm not overweight or anything...I can imagine some people feeling really bad about them selves if they started visiting this site too much:blush:
:heart: Alba

i like the models i like not just because of their looks,but also because of the way they are representing themselves.

I like them because they are glam.

But I dont love them, nor am I totally into them- like know ALL thier names, nationalities, etc. ...
I feel its silly to become very obsessed with something so unreal.
On that same note, I am also a firm believer that almost all beautiful people are made and anyone in the right hands could be gorge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->