Why Is The Fashion Industry In The State That It's In Today?

When you ask a question like that, you never get an answer…you just get screeching and insults and name calling and histrionics…but never a calm and collected answer?

You can call me and my question stupid, but what’s your actual answer?

Lol as if Western fashion exists in a vacuum. Fashion exists in every single culture in the world and it did since the very beginning. In fact, a lot of Western fashion has done cultural appropiation for as long as it exists, adopting elements from other cultures, so to think that just an elite or a certain demographic is entitled to like it is so absurd and ridiculous I can't even.....

I can only imagine someone constantly ranting about only 'rich white people being entitled to fashion' being 90 years old. Welcome to the era of globalization! Neocolonialism has its downsides too, I guess. So you think you can only force colonialized peoples to adopt Western socio-economic, political, and religious standards but not the fashion? Are you serious?
And with the rise of the internet and social media it has become a global culture for the past 20 years. Sorry to have to break those news to you.

Past the point of no return? Then what would replace it?
What I mean is, I don't see the conglomerates at any point ever saying "hey guys, let's maybe calm things down a bit — we'll stop doing mega shows, we'll stop giving tones of money to Vogue etc. so that we no longer have total look editorials, we'll stop making endless content for social media, we'll halt all plans for turning the maisons into holistic lifestyle brands with cafes, resorts, museums etc.". Their modus operandi of exponential growth is what is killing the industry. In all honestly I don't think anything will or can replace it.
Perharps the only thing that can actually change are consumer standards — a return to niche brands with

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linawild
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->