Yay or Nay? (November 2003 - June 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These H&M wedges
noodingdog2003.jpg

noone else of you have them, I wonder about the quality??

_5841056.jpg
and this black Rebecca Minkoff bag? the price is still high 439$, so I'm not sure...!!the pic is quite small, sorry couldn't find a better one

ebay:noddingdog2003
nordstrom.com

princessaud - love the dress, nay to the top.
leiwen - yay to the boots!! I don't think that purse is all that great, especially for the price so nay.

Time to help out princessaud with two items. First of all, don't forget to cite your image sources.

The top is first. Now... is this some kind of layered top? Part of me wants to say nay because of the combination of red and teal. Actually, I'm going to (moderately) Nay! this top. It's not real lovely to me, even for lazy days. So I'm going to fail that, but not too much. * Now on to the dress. Really, I'm on the fence with this dress. But of course, this is "Yay or Nay," not "Yay, Nay, or Maybe." So actually, this will get a (somewhat) Nay!

Sorry... I've failed both the top and the dress. However, not by any extreme degrees. So if you want to get either or both of these items, it's entirely up to you. Meanwhile, you may want to look for some alternatives. Like if you fancy a layered top with big floral accents or a shirtdress with a zipper down the middle, look for something along these lines instead. But I've given both items a nay. And PLEASE don't forget... cite your image sources, or they could get deleted by moderators...

[UPDATE] Now when I did my previous post, I didn't know there was some other items up for review. Post #12,501 showcases wedge booties and a small bag.

The boots are a Yay! to me. I've found very little to dislike about these. So if you're itching to get these, I'd go for them. That's a win! And as for the handbag, I'm going to Yay! that handbag. If price concerns you, then you may want to look for a similarly-styled handbag in that size. But if that's what you really want, then by all means, that bag is a winner.

Yay booties and yay bag! Dress with confidence, and teach others about what "stylish" looks like by looking fab!

Last edited by a moderator:
princessaud, nay to the top, but a big YAY for the dress!

leiwen, yay to the boots, not to keen on the purse and it's not that substantial for what it's worth, sooo a nay :smile:

princessaud, nay to the top and a tentative yay to the dress (it's hard to say without knowledge of your personal style)

leiwen, no to the boots. I can't imagine the quality is that good and if they're that uncomfortable it's a resounding know. There are better boots in similar styles. Bag is cute, but not for that price, especially if you need function.

I feel like such a Debbie Downer, sorry guys.

princessaud - nay to the top and the dressliewen - yay to the wedges. I'd imagine the quaility isn't great, but they're probably very cheap if they're H&M, no? So worth trying out, because they look good anyway.Nay to the bag though.

princessaud - yay to the dress, nay to the top.
leiwen - yay to the boots, nay to the purse to expensive.

yay to the boots.

This corset top? Opinions plz!
88056_celeb-city.org-The_Elder-Lindsay_Lohan_2009-05-27_-_gets_new_car_Rolls_Royce_2_283_122_845lo.jpg

celeb city

%21BRdeBcQ%21mk%7E$%28KGrHgoOKjkEjlLmZBiZBJ-IQ8OfMg%7E%7E_1.JPG

ebay

Let me speak on that corset top in Post #12,512. I like it. Tab me for Yay! I believe this is the first time in my four years on tFS that I recommend this, but I somewhat thought of pairing that corset top with a pair of indigo wash high-waist jeans or maybe some high-waist jean trousers (those professional-style jeans that look like a pair of slacks). Maybe I have 7 For All Mankind's high-waist bottoms on my mind for those. Not seriously in love with those, but just enough to say "you have my approval." That's a win, MissyJG!

Let me speak on that maxi dress in Post #12,516. I like it. That's a win (Yay!). It's the volume, flow, and flare that I all like most about maxi dresses. Not sure what color that is, but it's pretty cool. All in all, I'm not hating. There are rarely maxi dresses I dislike. I'd only hate if it came in a terrible color, has an ugly pattern, or its design is purely out of whack.

So I'm going to say yay. Even if others think otherwise, you have my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->