Yohji Yamamoto S/S 10 Paris

2dcbzh0.jpg
n12e50.jpg

dre8ol.jpg
2wpmis2.jpg

15d28m0.jpg
15fgbjk.jpg

i didn't post everything, but some of the same shoes are shot again in the details but just worn with finer socks.. also there are more photos of the makeup

i like seeing his take on the holes, esp after seeing balmain.. there is a darker outline around the holes in yohji's clothes, making me think they are burning through the fabric rather than cutting... also the white long-sleeved shirts here seem to be treated like jackets. they got zippers instead of buttons :-P nice touch

Last edited by a moderator:
love the tops and jackets.. seems very trendy (can't really think of another word, mainstream?), i usually expect something more conceptual and different from yohji..

It looks like a Limi Feu collection... :lol::heart::ninja:

With that being said, I find it quite sexy. It's a bit more accessible (not that that's a bad thing) than usual. Yohji's pieces are usually brimming with mystery, like a puzzle, somewhat. These pieces, while fantastic, are kind of one-dimensional. I do love it though, it's incredibly beautiful, it's just not as compelling as usual.
it does...
so much so that i find it slightly suspicious...
limi's collection was more elegant and refined than usual and yohji does this...
hmmm...

speaking of the difference a label makes...
wouldn't it be funny if she designed his collection and he designed hers...
:innocent:

review
style.com

PARIS, October 2, 2009

By Nicole Phelps

The list of invitees to Yohji Yamamoto's Marais headquarters was much shorter than usual. Is he scaling back? Many would guess yes, judging by the relatively risk-free, commerce-friendly collection he sent out. Safe it may have been, compared to his more typically conceptual fare, but (with a soundtrack that included "Detroit Rock City") it was also remarkably fun and upbeat—and all the more irresistible because those are such unexpected adjectives to be tossing around at a Yohji show.

He opened with a fitted black shirt with a popped collar and puffed sleeves worn over a long slim skirt. Karlie Kloss' hair was teased, her long bangs partly obscuring a face painted white, with feathers pasted onto her eyebrows above bright squares of green. (OK, so maybe the hair and makeup weren't quite so tame.) From there, Yamamoto riffed a bit, showing boned single- and double-breasted jackets with (surprise!) miniskirts and long, crisp white shirtdresses unbuttoned over black shorts or skinny pants. There were a few side trips into black leather motorcycle jackets; a couple of black suits dotted with circular cutouts; a group of pieces tattered by lasers; and, finally, an abbreviated rerun of the whole lineup, this time in calico.

No highfalutin themes to parse, no tricky constructions. That might disappoint some acolytes, but retailers will be another story entirely.

Fantastic!!!This is much more perverse and discreetly sexy, closer to the body at the same time. What a welcome change from Yohji, yet he still maintains all the signature sensibilities of the label. I'm really in love with the moth eaten quality (esp the floral pieces :wub:) and the bullet hole effect:wub: :crush: And heels at Yohji Yamamoto show :woot::woot:

No highfalutin themes to parse, no tricky constructions. That might disappoint some acolytes, but retailers will be another story entirely.
uh...but the yohji customer WANTS the edgier stuff...
so it's probably going to alienate them, rather than sell through...

at least i know that i wouldn't be caught dead in some little house on the prairie looking number...
:yuk:...

no thanks...

the last person i expected to fall for the "shoulders" thing, so yeah, he did disappoint in that...

worse than that, i did not expect him to go for such an obvious interpretation of the punk trend especially since he is the person who consistently redefines the understated punk aesthetic... bulleted skinny jeans? the camilles and rumys of this world will go wild

it does...
limi's collection was more elegant and refined than usual and yohji does this...
hmmm...

Soft, I think you let the cat out of the bag on this one... :lol:

Second viewing: I can't truly feel Yohji in this. It's much too basic and obvious for him. It's not the amount of skin or the questionable techniques used (the pieces with the holes, for instance), it's more the execution. That element of surprise and elegance (it's scattered in bits) is missing for me. It's fun and it's refreshingly barren, but does it really hold up for Yohji? I don't think I will look back @ this collection in the years to come an still be inspired/touched by it, tbh. Yohji's past collection possess that ability, though this, not so much. :(

it does...
hmmm...

i think you and WRUWT are onto something.

^ yeah I think especially Limi's funny invitation to her show ("is my work a little too Yohji"?) is the biggest clue - well asde from the fact that this Yohji's collection is basically a Limi one :lol:

I do have to say, though... this doesn't feel exactly like Limi, but rather Yohji's interpretation of her style. this is pretty rugged and it does actually have a lot of oldschool YY elements as well. I think it's amusing!

+ also... speaking of Yohji, do you guys know he is doing terribly? his house is being threatened of being bought out... and even Pollyanna can't afford to stock him anymore which is a crazy shame. :(

a bit disappointing. i hope, that it is not a general change of direction, he is taking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->